Julep: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got my box today! I got a $500 Marriott gift card as a surprise. Totally shocked and excited.
smile.gif
how exciting! 

were you the one who posted on their facebook?

I have a question if I order a past months box will it come with the extras for that month or just the nail polish colors and product?

I just got my January box yesterday. It was really cute, and I was really impressed, until this morning when I applied the cuticle stick. Now I have hives on my hands and hand and wrist wrinkles due to swelling. Thanks Julep. I was planning on cancelling anyway, but should I tell them what their cuticle stick did to me? I really hope these wrinkles go away over time. This sucks.

I just got my January box yesterday. It was really cute, and I was really impressed, until this morning when I applied the cuticle stick. Now I have hives on my hands and hand and wrist wrinkles due to swelling. Thanks Julep. I was planning on cancelling anyway, but should I tell them what their cuticle stick did to me? I really hope these wrinkles go away over time. This sucks.
Absolutely tell them! I have an explanation that I will have to wait to post until I can use my laptop instead of my phone, but there is a key phrase to remember here: "allergic reaction."

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would definitely let them know! Take photos too.

They run a salon and wouldn't want that to happen to someone in their nail salon, and definitely not to a subscriber.

Do you happen to know what you're allergic to in it?

My mom has sensitive skin and can't use most soaps/lotions because they do that to her too.

But they need to know so that they can label it in case others have a similar allergy.

If any one is interested on ordering the Oprah's favorite things box from julep use code "winner" and it comes out to 49.99. I gave in and ordered one last night. When I became a maven I thought I would just order my monthly maven box and thats it, but with all these sales I have been ordering entirely too much. The hubby says I dont have enough fingers and toes to use all the nail polishes  I have.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would definitely let them know! Take photos too.

They run a salon and wouldn't want that to happen to someone in their nail salon, and definitely not to a subscriber.

Do you happen to know what you're allergic to in it?

My mom has sensitive skin and can't use most soaps/lotions because they do that to her too.

But they need to know so that they can label it in case others have a similar allergy.
Thanks you guys. I did get some pictures I can send that show what it looks like now. I would be willing to guess that it is something in the "fragrance," that could be anything. I've never gotten hives from a skin soap or lotion, before. I have sensitive skin, and I've had hives from cleaning products before, but I just wear gloves when I clean. I wear commercial perfume sometimes, so I'm not super cautious about beauty products. I just wasn't expecting this to happen from a skin conditioner that says it's supposed to prevent wrinkles. Practically everything, even in health food store lotions and soaps list "fragrance." I am slightly allergic to Tide. But, a lot of people are.

Is there anything specific you're allergic to? I'm allergic to raspberries and break out into hives, swell up, rash, etc when I eat it or come in contact with it.

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If any one is interested on ordering the Oprah's favorite things box from julep use code "winner" and it comes out to 49.99. I gave in and ordered one last night. When I became a maven I thought I would just order my monthly maven box and thats it, but with all these sales I have been ordering entirely too much. The hubby says I dont have enough fingers and toes to use all the nail polishes  I have.
I can't get that code to work. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

In answer to Zaddi, I only know I'm allergic to some cleaning products and Tide detergent, although I'm not sure if my reaction to Tide is technically an allergy. I got allergy testing a year or so ago, and they tested me for all of the most common allergens and everything came back negative.

can somebody share the url to the secret shop?

I am curious about how "secret" the secret shop is, wether its just providing the link to certain mavens, or actually blocking skippers for that month

Originally Posted by JC327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by Moonittude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't get that code to work. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can't get the code to work either. I skipped this month, that's probably why.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

can somebody share the url to the secret shop?

I am curious about how "secret" the secret shop is, wether its just providing the link to certain mavens, or actually blocking skippers for that month
I skipped Jan. but I still ordered 19.99 worth of stuff from all the sales they where having and got access to the secret store

Originally Posted by Snow24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't skip. I can get into the secret store just fine, but I can't get the code to work. I tried various caps and everything.

Originally Posted by Snow24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry you girls cant get the code to work. I used it last night and and it worked. I skipped my January box so it may not be that. Also I got access to the secret store. I was surpried to see that since I skipped this month.  Here is last nights order:

The Best Pedi Prep Ever! Invoiced 817885010358 $8.00
Ordered: 1
$8.00
Favorite Things 2012 Nail Color Jewelry Box ($84 w/ Promo Code) Invoiced Fav-Nail-Jewelry-Box $168.00
Ordered: 1
$168.00

Subtotal: $176.00

Shipping and handling:$0.00

Discount (winner) -$118.01

Grand Total: $57.99

Ya, I think that's something that they do need to work on improving, which is the ingredient list. I noticed that on some of their products there isn't really a list, or it's extremely vague.

I'm lucky that I'm not allergic to anything, but like I said, my mom is extremely allergic to random frangrances/dyes/soaps, so I know how it is for people who have the allergies. She has to use All Free and Clear or else she gets horrible allergic reactions from the soap.

So it would be nice if they would list all that stuff on the box. I think that it's important that people with allergies tell them if they have a reaction because then they might change how they label the items.

So I finally got a chance to try out my Julep polishes last night. I can't say that I'm really impressed with the brush or formula at all, and definitely not for the price tag. After I noticed that the polishes are only .27oz, I was really really disappointed. These aren't even full size polishes compared to other brands! For $20 a month, I just can't see the value in this, even with the extras they send (I got some glitter that I will never ever use) and the great customer service you guys have talked about.

I tried to keep an open mind and let the polishes wow me, but that just didn't happen. I just keep imagining all those other polishes I could have if I spent $20 a month other places. With Ulta's buy 2 get 1 free deals plus the coupons they send out you could get 3 polishes of equal quality (which would also be almost twice the size of a Julep) plus buy yourself an extra for less money.

Another thing that kind of bugged me: even though I didn't get a chance to pick a January box because I signed up too late in the month, I was still disappointed in the color selection. I was hoping that maybe just maybe Julep could at the very least keep me up to date new polishes to match the seasons, but neons in the middle of winter? Come on! Maybe I just don't get it...

Latest posts

Back