Julep: January 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by FoxxyNiki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just received this email - looks like the color on the bottom is a preview of one of the colors that will be in February's Maven boxes! And, looks like the theme for that collection will be "The Glamour Collection"

Oooooh I like the sound of this one!!

I don't think it's an issue because they usually add the boxes to their maven exclusives section of the site for 2-3 months after. I think they're just mailed out on a as-paid basis, but you might be fighting with the backlog since Julep did have that epic year-end sale.
I actually got them yesterday! Both the January box an add-on together. I didn't get any sort of shipment notice, they just appeared on my doorstep. They were shipped on the 9th and received on the 11th, that's pretty awesome tbh :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Just received this email - looks like the color on the bottom is a preview of one of the colors that will be in February's Maven boxes! And, looks like the theme for that collection will be "The Glamour Collection"
I really wanted to be able to skip February but this has piqued my interest. I hope they have some good reds because I only have one.

I know this may sound like a crazy question but I'm being serious haha the matte top coat that we got is that to use over the matte nail polishes that we got only or is it for normal polishes as well? I am thrown off by the muggy color and the purpose of it ? Just wanted some feedback on how to use it properly thanks!

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know this may sound like a crazy question but I'm being serious haha the matte top coat that we got is that to use over the matte nail polishes that we got only or is it for normal polishes as well? I am thrown off by the muggy color and the purpose of it ? Just wanted some feedback on how to use it properly thanks!
 You can use it over any polish for a matte finish

Thank you that's what I thought but figured I'd ask instead of wasting a entire night painting away for a weird finish:) ill have to try it this week!

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you that's what I thought but figured I'd ask instead of wasting a entire night painting away for a weird finish:) ill have to try it this week!
I had posted asking about the matte coat a little while ago because I ordered it during their big sale and wasn't sure how it was meant to be used exactly. I got mixed reviews from ladies on here, but I have to say that I think it works great. I've used it on matte polish, glitter polish, and super shiny polish. I bought the special effects kit which came with this opalescent color called Melissa and I love to put the matte coat on top of it because it makes my nails look like pearls.

hmm going through the january thread i'm glad i skipped the month! the nudes and neons just didnt call to me and I ended up getting the new years box (as a gift) instead and my sister really seemed to enjoy it. 

even in the swatches none of the neons scream january to me and are actually younger than i thought julep was targeting, but maybe i just associate neon nail polish with teen vogue and middle school (in the best way possible!)

FINALLY got my end of the year sale stuff today. The box came all smashed up, it looked like it had been opened and re-taped and was missing the best pedi prep ever roller ball. Sent them an email and hoping to get that replaced. But I'm super excited about the nail polish (meryl), it's a gorgeous medium gray! 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had posted asking about the matte coat a little while ago because I ordered it during their big sale and wasn't sure how it was meant to be used exactly. I got mixed reviews from ladies on here, but I have to say that I think it works great. I've used it on matte polish, glitter polish, and super shiny polish. I bought the special effects kit which came with this opalescent color called Melissa and I love to put the matte coat on top of it because it makes my nails look like pearls.
If you want to see something magical, use a matte top coat over a flakie (preferably over a dark cream).

I tried to look at my maven page once I logged in and it had a message at the top saying I needed to call a number because there is a problem with my account! Have any of you ever had this happen?

I think there is a glitch in Juleps system right now. It says that on mine as well and people have been complaining about it on Facebook too. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon but with tomorrow being MLK Day they may not be around to fix it until Tuesday.

I had that message, too and thought they cancelled my account for skipping so many months, so I called them and ended up leaving a message to cancel, that works okay for now, too.

Originally Posted by katie danielle 

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you want to see something magical, use a matte top coat over a flakie (preferably over a dark cream).
I love that matte top coat i like to use it on my bare nails

So I didnt realize that I just missed my "Selection window" .. does that mean I wont recieve a box this month?  Or will I just recieve what my beauty profile was set to last month?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by hammieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I didnt realize that I just missed my "Selection window" .. does that mean I wont recieve a box this month?  Or will I just recieve what my beauty profile was set to last month?

Thanks!
Just what your beauty profile already says.

Did anyone else get an email about their inspiration for this month's colours? http://blog.julep.com/behind-the-scenes-meet-the-glam-a-listers-who-inspired-our-february-collection/

Quote: Marion, a smoky blue with silver shimmer, was named in honor of the beautiful Marion Cottillard. Marion Cottilard was nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress- Motion Picture Drama in Rust and Bone (2012). She was the first person to win an Oscar for a performance in French!

Ugh so I was right. I knew it, and now I'm even more annoyed because that colour doesn't fit her or her name at all. Definitely should have been a burgundy (UCWIDT? XD)

Back