Julep: March 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it normal for the mystery box announcements to not specify a minimum number of polishes? I was thinking of picking up a mystery box but I really don't want the minimum value to be mostly hand creams. It seems like the NewYears/Valentines boxes all said "at least X colors" and the fact that this doesn't turns me off.

Originally Posted by casby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is it normal for the mystery box announcements to not specify a minimum number of polishes? I was thinking of picking up a mystery box but I really don't want the minimum value to be mostly hand creams. It seems like the NewYears/Valentines boxes all said "at least X colors" and the fact that this doesn't turns me off.
yeahh, thats what got me too, I was like hmmmmm. I don't want to get like the one polish and 3 hand stuff.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm glad the price went up. I'm far less likely to order one. I know it's only an increase of $5, but $24.99 & $19.99 seem like a bigger price jump that it really is... KWIM?
I agree w you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> makes me say nah too much XD

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was contemplating skipping April too. The formula this month seemed a bit off. I tried Shenae and took it off within about 2 hours. Even though it was completely dry & applied in thin coats with plenty of time to dry between coats, I ended up with dents and scrapes. It was awful. To make it worse, all I was doing was typing on the computer & doing homework (or trying to).
I got the whole collection and seriously none of them have been easy to apply, I just have Joy and the yellow one left to try and so far, every single one has given me problems 

I got the whole collection and seriously none of them have been easy to apply, I just have Joy and the yellow one left to try and so far, every single one has given me problems 
Joy was really nice to apply. It was the only one I didn't have trouble with at all.

i'm so surprised at the disappointment with the formula. i'm new to julep (hah meaning i own ~15 since starting in december). i really enjoyed my it girl box, although it did take forever to come. i also really liked my adrianna polish as an add-on; my friends loved joy and lucky (which they wanted so i use my 2 other add-on options to grab them). i know shenae and simone were a bit thinner but they were perfect within two coats. teri was a true one-coater for me; it's the perfect consistency. i did a second coat just on a few nails. adrianna was a better formula than shenae and simone but still a two coater. i was also really happy with the colors; i didn't expect to like teri that much but i wanted the others super badly. i really love the polishes i got for march; i hope the april box makes you all happy =)

i will probably never order a mystery box, especially at the price increase. i'm super picky about polish colors and the lack of a number thing bugs me. even though i'd rather they always be 20 bucks, i'd rather pay 30 if i could ensure they'd be like the best mystery boxes i've come across. some boxes have the least selling shades and items we're all more likely to have, like the lip balms now or cuticle oils. i like the boxes with the gift certificate bonuses and argan oil, not ones with the least appealing shades and often complementary products.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really liked Joy.  I'm really glad I ordered it.  I just wish I could say the same for Minnie and Shenae.

Originally Posted by maeiland /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Joy was really nice to apply. It was the only one I didn't have trouble with at all.
yes I know I posted this before I tried Joy out, which was last night and it was SO easy to work with! One coat only too! Loved it! Only need to try out the yellow and the sand-ish colored one

Sorry I know not Julep related but just wanted to say that Ulta has Butter London on sale today only both online and in store for $9 each.  There is even a set with yummy mummy and the lippie for $10.

I just signed up for the Intro Box and decided to get the Spring Mystery box as well. I am having mixed feelings because of the issues with the formula that I've been reading about... both on here and elsewhere. I think I'll give this month a try and if I don't like any of the polishes I will consider cancelling. 

Originally Posted by an9el3md /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry I know not Julep related but just wanted to say that Ulta has Butter London on sale today only both online and in store for $9 each.  There is even a set with yummy mummy and the lippie for $10.
I saw that! Ulta's having some good deals this month!

Originally Posted by an9el3md /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had to get Queen Vic and Branwens Feather. Happy happy.

I received an email from Julep to text JULEP to 33733 and they then sent me a 50% coupon for a polish. I bought Joy.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I received an email from Julep to text JULEP to 33733 and they then sent me a 50% coupon for a polish. I bought Joy.
Just did the same thing, but I bought Amy. With the free shipping, it was just too good of a deal not to do it. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Ashitude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had to get Queen Vic and Branwens Feather. Happy happy.
I just got my work bonus so I'm going on a bit of a shopping spree today. Just bought Joy from Julep, but after seeing this I went and got Butter London's Trustafarian, Lady Muck, and Rosie Lee. Rosie Lee looks like the perfect rose gold for me. I ordered Jane from Julep and it's very pretty in the bottle, but I think the glitter is too big and it ended up looking kind of dirty/dingy when I put it on.

Hi everyone! I'm new to Julep.  Last month I signed up and used a promocode to get my box for a penny.  I thought this was a recurring subscription but I haven't been charged nor have I received any info on a March box.  When I go to ' My Maven Subscription' I keep getting the standard message of "The Maven Selection Window is now closed. But don’t worry ― we’re hard at work putting together an amazing box for next month. Keep an eye out for your preview email and come back on the 20th to take a peek at what we’ve got in store."   What next??? Because I want to get the Mystery Box but I don't want to order that if I'm getting the March box.

Originally Posted by kimmyduhh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new to Julep.  Last month I signed up and used a promocode to get my box for a penny.  I thought this was a recurring subscription but I haven't been charged nor have I received any info on a March box.  When I go to ' My Maven Subscription' I keep getting the standard message of "The Maven Selection Window is now closed. But don’t worry ― we’re hard at work putting together an amazing box for next month. Keep an eye out for your preview email and come back on the 20th to take a peek at what we’ve got in store."   What next??? Because I want to get the Mystery Box but I don't want to order that if I'm getting the March box.
I'd say contact they're CS and at this might it's highly unlikely you'll get the March box

Latest posts

Back