Julep Maven: July 2012 discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by lauradiniwilk /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am very interested in knowing what percentage of the boxes are golden boxes.  I got one last month and basically flipped out.  Too bad I used up all of my luck, this month is AMAZING.  
i got a golden box last month two...so the likelihood of us getting another are pretty slim. but hey, you never know! keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!

okay then since you two already won, that means it's my turn, right?!?! 
roflmao.gif

Originally Posted by RucheChic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Does anyone know if the America Polish will be include in the July into boxes?
Yes, when you scroll through the box options on the Julep site, it should have something besides the boxes that says that. I think everyone is getting America or Canada, depending on where you are. I added another in my add on along with Canada!

Was trying not to end get any add ons, but caved and got Lynn and Chelsea.

okay then since you two already won, that means it's my turn, right?!?! :roflmao:
I got a golden box last month too! It was awesome!!! They choose a random 100 mavens each month, it's not done by percentage (someone was asking that).

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, when you scroll through the box options on the Julep site, it should have something besides the boxes that says that. I think everyone is getting America or Canada, depending on where you are. I added another in my add on along with Canada!
sorry i meant intro not into, but thats ok i sent them an email and they said it would not be in the introduction boxes but i could buy an introduction box for a penny and add a july box with the order.

I loved a lot of the colors this month. They were better than some others from recent months, but I skipped again. I seem to have nail polish overload even though I've handed some off to my mom. She's really enjoying my subs! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I made a spreadsheet yesterday of all my polishes and I have 153 including top, base and julep's cuticle oil. Most of mine are Julep as well, with like 30 something I believe just from them. Yet I went ahead and decided to keep this month with 2 add ons bringing my total up even higher. I think I have a problem lol

Originally Posted by RucheChic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sorry i meant intro not into, but thats ok i sent them an email and they said it would not be in the introduction boxes but i could buy an introduction box for a penny and add a july box with the order.
That's not a bad idea, because you're still getting such a great deal, plus the free add on of the America/Canada colors..Good luck!

I almost wish the golden boxes were done on a percentage base instead of 100. Then, with months like this where EVERYONE is gagging for it, there would be a higher percentage of wins. Granted, that might not be sustainable, but still... LOL

I absolutely love the range of juleps colors, but for me they are chipping faster than other brands.  Does anyone else have that problem? 
icon_sad.gif

I don't usually wear polish long enough for it to chip....but I am not a huge fan of a lot of their cremes, since they seem very....gloppy...to me. I'm to the point where I'm only getting new polishes if they are somehow "different", and I gotta say, I love that one GITD of theirs (Sofia, I think?) because it actually looks nice as just a light green when you're NOT in the dark.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't usually wear polish long enough for it to chip....but I am not a huge fan of a lot of their cremes, since they seem very....gloppy...to me. I'm to the point where I'm only getting new polishes if they are somehow "different", and I gotta say, I love that one GITD of theirs (Sofia, I think?) because it actually looks nice as just a light green when you're NOT in the dark.
I love their cremes. They do seem thicker than a lot of other brands, but that works for just using one coat. I will say since it's thicker it's a bit harder at times to apply, but once it's on you don't have to worry about another coat and it does last.

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love their cremes. They do seem thicker than a lot of other brands, but that works for just using one coat. I will say since it's thicker it's a bit harder at times to apply, but once it's on you don't have to worry about another coat and it does last.
I find that the Julep cremes that I have are much more self-levelling than most of my other creme polishes, which I like. And yes, most are very opaque which is great if you're in a hurry and don't have time to do multiple coats.

Quote: Originally Posted by lorizav /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely love the range of juleps colors, but for me they are chipping faster than other brands.  Does anyone else have that problem?  
icon_sad.gif

I haven't had any issues with chipping with any of my Julep polishes that I've tried except for Taylor, but that one is kind of a problem child in general; I also had problems with the color fading and getting dusty after about 3 days of wear. Still, I consider it to be worth it since Taylor is such a beautiful color... 
wub.gif

But before Taylor, I had a manicure with Robin from the June box and it lasted a full week -- not even any tip wear!! I've never had that happen with any other polishes, and it's especially impressive since I type a lot and work with my hands a lot, so tip wear is normally a fact of life for me. I felt strangely guilty when I took off that manicure since it still looked absolutely perfect on day 7, but I'm such a nail polish fiend that I can't handle a commitment longer than 7 days. 
icon_lol.gif

It might be worth noting that that time I used Zoya's base and topcoat. I also have the Julep base and topcoat, and normally I use those with my Julep polishes, but this time I decided to try it with the Zoya to see if it would be better or worse. Overall I found that it was better -- it was easier to apply the polish because I feel like with the Julep basecoat it dries too fast, and I'm guessing the Zoya topcoat is just better in terms of longevity of the polish. So I'll probably stick with the Zoya for my fingers from now on, and only use the Julep base and top for my toes.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find that the Julep cremes that I have are much more self-levelling than most of my other creme polishes, which I like. And yes, most are very opaque which is great if you're in a hurry and don't have time to do multiple coats.

I haven't had any issues with chipping with any of my Julep polishes that I've tried except for Taylor, but that one is kind of a problem child in general; I also had problems with the color fading and getting dusty after about 3 days of wear. Still, I consider it to be worth it since Taylor is such a beautiful color... 
wub.gif

But before Taylor, I had a manicure with Robin from the June box and it lasted a full week -- not even any tip wear!! I've never had that happen with any other polishes, and it's especially impressive since I type a lot and work with my hands a lot, so tip wear is normally a fact of life for me. I felt strangely guilty when I took off that manicure since it still looked absolutely perfect on day 7, but I'm such a nail polish fiend that I can't handle a commitment longer than 7 days. 
icon_lol.gif

It might be worth noting that that time I used Zoya's base and topcoat. I also have the Julep base and topcoat, and normally I use those with my Julep polishes, but this time I decided to try it with the Zoya to see if it would be better or worse. Overall I found that it was better -- it was easier to apply the polish because I feel like with the Julep basecoat it dries too fast, and I'm guessing the Zoya topcoat is just better in terms of longevity of the polish. So I'll probably stick with the Zoya for my fingers from now on, and only use the Julep base and top for my toes.

I use the nail therapy also by julep, but use a different top coat as I found theirs to not be fast drying and it didn't work that great for me. The only one of Julep's polishes that gave me an issues was either diane or a dark blue I'm blanking on the name now that has a similar finish. Neither of them are cremes.

Julep polishes last forever for me. I've had it last 7+ days on many occasions. I always use a base and topcoat but brand varies between OPI, Ulta, Julep and Nailtiques. 

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have found that too..I'm a polish clutz so I can not do goopy. I just bought some polish thinner from Sally's and it helped tremendously..saved what would have been a waste to me

And....Julep charged today....let's see how quick they arrive and who really scored this month!

Back