Julep Maven March boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and signed up and went for "IT GIRL" (and with the .01 promo code). I'm not a big polish girl, so lets see if this changes my mind ^_~

I got my first box at the beginning of March.  I got last month's box (American Beauty) with the red and gold sparkle polish and the cuticle oil and I'm not in love with the polish at all.  I painted my toes red and the polish flaked and chipped by the 2nd day.  I tried it again while taking extra care that my nails were clean and dry, base coat and top coat and the same thing happened!  I've never had a polish actually flake off, but this Julep red is.  Did I just get a bad bottle?  I do, however LOVE the cuticle oil.  Just not sure about the polish itself.

i'm wearing Charlotte right now (the matte purple) and it was SUPER runny when I was putting it on. It kept accumulating globs on the brush as I was putting in on. Is this how most of their polishes are?

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i'm wearing Charlotte right now (the matte purple) and it was SUPER runny when I was putting it on. It kept accumulating globs on the brush as I was putting in on. Is this how most of their polishes are?

Their brush is different that most my polishes and took some getting used to.  It seems longer?

I got the red in the American Beauty Feb box (Glenn), and with base and top coat and 1 coat of color I got perfect coverage and no chipping on my fingernails until the end of the 6th day!  Maybe your bottle was bad.?

I got the red in the American Beauty Feb box (Glenn), and with base and top coat and 1 coat of color I got perfect coverage and no chipping on my fingernails until the end of the 6th day!  Maybe your bottle was bad.?

I got the red in the American Beauty Feb box (Glenn), and with base and top coat and 1 coat of color I got perfect coverage and no chipping on my fingernails until the end of the sixth day!  Maybe your bottle was bad.?

I got the red in the American Beauty Feb box (Glenn), and with base and top coat and 1 coat of color I got perfect coverage and no chipping on my fingernails until the end of the sixth day!  Maybe your bottle was bad.?

I think I must have gotten a bad bottle.  I can't imagine a company charging what they do for crap polish - they wouldn't stay in business.  Maybe I'll contact them.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sounds bad. I have about 9 of their polishes now and the only one I have issue with is a cream, but its not runny, quite the opposite. What texture is it?

Originally Posted by Wida /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think I must have gotten a bad bottle.  I can't imagine a company charging what they do for crap polish - they wouldn't stay in business.  Maybe I'll contact them.  Thanks!

The texture seems quite normal.  It was a little runnier than my Zoya polishes, but those strike me as being kind of goopy anyways.  I love the color and I've never tried a Julep polish before so I wanted to check here to see if it was a normal thing for Julep.  Thankfully, that doesn't seem to be the case.  I haven't contacted them yet, but I will to see about a replacement.  Thanks!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That sounds bad. I have about 9 of their polishes now and the only one I have issue with is a cream, but its not runny, quite the opposite. What texture is it?

I have a question about the referral program. Once they email you saying you got a free month they cant take it away? Or if the people who signed up dont stay for 30 days they will take it away before you get to use your free box credit?

No idea really. My guess it's yours to keep once they issue it otherwise it's fraud in my thinking.

Did they issue your credit already? I thought they only issue it after the person passes the 30 day mark...hmm.

They issued each free month to me after every two people signed up and paid for the penny deal.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They issued each free month to me after every two people signed up and paid for the penny deal.

so even if they don't stay open the entire 30 days, that free month is mine to keep? 

but if i only had 1 referral tallied and they quit before 30 days, i lose that?

it's so confusing. 

also, will i be billed or if it says I have a free month my credit card wont be charged that month?

Right now my account says this:

Free Months Earned: 1

Current Credits: 0

Your Referrals: 2

Let me email them to get clarification on it because I'm sure once they issue you credit for a free month it's your credit to keep even if the person quits before 30 days. I think what they're looking for is if the person pays for a subscription for one month.

That's what it seems like, but on their faq page it says if they quit before 30 days you lose the credit. But I can't believe I already got 2 referrals! I may just keep the account open and skip any month I dont get a free credit ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

With the credit, don't they automatically send you another box for that month? Meaning you can't skip and choose which month you want to use your free box for? That is the impression I got from the information page! On my page, it says your free box will start with the March box, so I can only choose a March box, etc. 

Latest posts

Back