Julep October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Generalissima /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm skipping..I don't see anything original. I have never owned a crackle and I'm not starting now..icck. Krista I took your advice and ordered some suedes and mattes off avon..the swatches look sooo pretty. Boo Julep...As much as I LOVE Halloween it's only one day...that's why LE Halloween stuff is usually cheap and cutesy.
I ordered the Suede in Touch of Taupe. I wanted more, but don't want to go overboard on a polish that I'm not sure if I'll like. 

You could also DIY your own suedes by just putting a matte topcoat on top of any nail polish with a strong shimmer finish.

At least it looks like Leslie from this month would be a good candidate for that kind of finish.

I'm excited about this month! I don't know how I'm going to limit add-ons... I'll try not to go over $35 -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

A few days ago I took their survey and I think they are trying to improve and gain more costumers. Personally, I love that they're doing Halloween colors. Ooh I want to add on the glow in the dark polish!

You complained and they listened! 

Quote: Hey Mavens, we heard you and we listened! We understand that everyone has different tastes and we know that crackle fans are out there but not everywhere. We don’t want you non-crackle fans to miss out on our gorgeous October crèmes that we curated specifically for your fall wardrobe. So here’s another option for you to choose from this month- we hope you love them as much as we do.

Originally Posted by kisha90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That was FAST! Well done, Julep! They must have had a serious influx of skips!

I'm getting a free box this month, so no skipping, I always opt for it girl because I never need their extra items, just polish but now I am for between it girl with the beautiful black and burgundy shimmer, and the maven pick of just creams.iam usually a shimmer junkie, but the cremes are beautiful, and iown quite a bit fewer cremes than shimmers, does anybody know how Lisa compares to the other brownish cremes from last month?

I don't care if crackle polish is "so last year", I've never liked the look of them, so I'll be skipping. I got so excited seeing Boris & Nicole as a choice but I'm not liking the way it looks on the model.

Julep has been pretty unimpressive (imo) with their mystery boxes so I don't think that the "secret store" is going to be any better. I just discovered that the dermstore has Butter London and I have the $25 gift card from beauty fix, so my julep money will probably go towards more BL polishes instead.

I actually like the Mavens Choice box quite a bit.... but I feel like I have enough similar colors and it's just still not worth it. But I'm glad they're doing another option. I got Boris & Nicole last year as a replacement color (one of my polish caps was messed up, and they sent that instead of the color that was the problem) and I liked it quite a bit.

I actually like the American Beauty box, but will probably skip this month. I'm not over the moon with Julep polishes and think the quality is kind of meh now.

I'm going with Bombshell and Glow-in-the-Dark Sophia. I've never tried crackled polish because I think it's ugly but I think it will be perfect for Halloween. I'm going to a lot of Halloween events next month.

Originally Posted by kisha90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love these colors. Makes me wish I were a current subscriber and didn't have to sign up for an intro box 

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love these colors. Makes me wish I were a current subscriber and didn't have to sign up for an intro box 
If you're willing to spend the $20 for them, you can still get them in the Maven boutique after you create an account and order an intro box, though it probably won't be added until October 1st. So you'll have to wait a little longer than current mavens, but you can still get it for the $20 price.

I settled on It Girl. Leslie & Caroline pulled me in (& the secret shop!). I like that they offered the Maven's Choice box but really don't like Lisa. I'm considering adding Eloise but not quite sure yet.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're willing to spend the $20 for them, you can still get them in the Maven boutique after you create an account and order an intro box, though it probably won't be added until October 1st. So you'll have to wait a little longer than current mavens, but you can still get it for the $20 price.
Or there's the send-to-a-friend option:  I'm going to skip this month (there's nothing interesting to me this time around), and I would be willing to "sell" my slot to someone.  

As a side note, what the hell?  Quick-dry drops with crackles?  This does not make sense to me.

Also, it looks like the Golden Box has changed:  The preview page states "...the five colors included in your Golden Box."  There's a starburst graphic that also says there's a "surprise bonus," so maybe that's something groovy, but I'm getting the impression that the only people who will be getting all of the polishes and the drying drops will be the people who ponied up for the full set upgrade.  

I must be weird, because I was really excited to see that it was crackle polish!
I've been wanting to try them for awhile, but just haven't gotten around to buying them in a store.

I ended up switching to the American beauty because I love that blue and the orange crackle looks awesome. I will totally wear that one all the time! I ended up adding on the pink clear, because I've also been wanting one of those for quite some time, and the white crackle and the black crackle.

All in all I'm really excited for this months box. I know that the crackle polish is not "trendy" anymore, but I don't care. To me it's still neat.

*shrug*

I wish i could say i was excited for this month :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i will be skipping again! If the crackle is anything like the messed up metallics i got no thank you! But i cant wait to her your reviews !!!!! My sister loved them this month we are so diffrent haha:)

I'm so glad they did this! I wasn't feeling the crackles. I choose the Mavens Choice and added the drops. I skipped last month, so the thought of skipping again made me sad :rolleyes:

I switched to It Girl! I want to add on 2 polishes...can't figure out if it want the white crackle, orange crackle, glow in the dark green, or white base to put under it...

Back