Julep October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The "Mani Starter Kit" has both the top and basecoat. It's just that it has a bunch of other stuff too.

I already own most of the Julep colors that I want so there's no need for me to get in on any of these deals (and I don't like Hautelook anyway), that said I think the themed combos that Julep came up with are super cute! If it were closer to the holidays I might consider a couple of these for gifts for people.

I'm also intrigued by "Donna", the dark teal in the "Jewel Tones" set. I knew I didn't recognize it and there's no swatches or anything about it online! The packaging looks slightly different, too. I'm guessing it was discontinued early but it's still weird that there's nothing about it online and then it shows up in one of these sets...
Yeah I saw that, but I already have a similar color and didn't want the other stuff. I have like 4 cuticle oil rollers that don't get much love.

I liked most of the sets they had, but found that I had similar or exact colors to at least one in each set.

But I did like last time that they did sets with polish only and only a couple with the extras.

I skipped this month. I ended up acquiring close to 16 polishes over the last month or two and felt a little guilty lol... Time to take a breather and get to using up my new polishes!

I was really on the fence about this month.  I never ended up buying a crackle polish in the past so I decided I would give Bombshell a try this month mainly because I wanted to add on the glow in the dark polish Sofia for my 4-year old who is all about glow in the dark right now.  Well I ended up being too late and they were sold out, so I cancelled.  Then I got to thinking I have skipped the past two months and I miss getting a little Julep in the mail so I ended up un-skipping.  The best part of the story is, while trying to find a color to paint my nails for a meeting tomorrow I discovered I already have Sofia and it glows in the dark beautifully.  I never knew it glowed! So happy that worked out!

Originally Posted by Starlet /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was really on the fence about this month.  I never ended up buying a crackle polish in the past so I decided I would give Bombshell a try this month mainly because I wanted to add on the glow in the dark polish Sofia for my 4-year old who is all about glow in the dark right now.  Well I ended up being too late and they were sold out, so I cancelled.  Then I got to thinking I have skipped the past two months and I miss getting a little Julep in the mail so I ended up un-skipping.  The best part of the story is, while trying to find a color to paint my nails for a meeting tomorrow I discovered I already have Sofia and it glows in the dark beautifully.  I never knew it glowed! So happy that worked out!

Yay! 

dang it, i JUST remembered today that i had a second account i made last month. so of course it is too late for me to skip. thankfully it is it girl and it's not awful and i don't have any colors like them. i guess now i really have to cut myself off on nail polish though.

Quote: Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I skipped the month, but just got an email that I earned a free month due to referrals. From what I've read, you can't choose when that free month is? Will I be getting a box this month then or will the free box be for next month? I wanted to email them, but figured I wouldn't hear back quickly enough to know if I have to choose.

I got my free months after the people I signed up were in the program for over 30 days.  It may say you have enough people for a free box but they then need the 30 day retainer time (so they end up paying for a month and not just a .01 cent box) before credit is awarded.

Originally Posted by Casey Danton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my free months after the people I signed up were in the program for over 30 days.  It may say you have enough people for a free box but they then need the 30 day retainer time (so they end up paying for a month and not just a .01 cent box) before credit is awarded.
So it has to be after two people pay $20 for their boxes, not just who people who keep their accounts for 30+ days and skip months?

has anyone gotten their shipping email yet?

edit, i just noticed, the day i realized i forgot to skip on my second account i called and closed both of them out so i would be safe from here on out. they told me i'd be getting the box on the second account since i hadn't skipped, which i said was fine, but i don't see the charge yet on my bank account?

has anyone gotten their shipping email yet?
I got my shipping e-mail for my box this morning, but my add-ons haven't shipped yet.
So it has to be after two people pay $20 for their boxes, not just who people who keep their accounts for 30+ days and skip months?
That's what they say, but I've always wondered if that's actually true because I got my referrals credited to my account straight away and had the next box (less than 30 days later) offered to me for free.
So I skipped the month, but just got an email that I earned a free month due to referrals. From what I've read, you can't choose when that free month is? Will I be getting a box this month then or will the free box be for next month? I wanted to email them, but figured I wouldn't hear back quickly enough to know if I have to choose. 
It is true that you can't skip the month and keep your free box credit; you can't choose which month to use it on. You either need to get the box free (and it should be the current/closest upcoming one) or you'll forfeit it if you skip.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my shipping e-mail for my box this morning, but my add-ons haven't shipped yet.

That's what they say, but I've always wondered if that's actually true because I got my referrals credited to my account straight away and had the next box (less than 30 days later) offered to me for free.

It is true that you can't skip the month and keep your free box credit; you can't choose which month to use it on. You either need to get the box free (and it should be the current/closest upcoming one) or you'll forfeit it if you skip.
i wonder why i haven't gotten my confirmation yet. hmmm.

anyway, i heard that if you skip on the month you receive a free box, they automatically send the box regardless. i don't know if that still stands, though.

I guess I don't understand why they ship add-ons separately. It just seems more wasteful and inefficient and untimely. I only added on the quick-dry drops so I know they have an abundance of them since they're this month's items. : I'm sure all the boxes are the same size so why don't they just stick it in the boxes.

Did anyone get charged and shipped polish even if they pushed skip? I never got an email and then I went back a day later just to make sure:( I guess it never went thru! If I knew I was getting a box I would have changed profiles:( but I don't like how you have to wait for a profile change or add on confirmation and etc! Mine always takes about a day to confirm!! Did this happen to anyone else?

i'm kind of thinking i got off the hook? they told me when i called and cancelled that i would still be getting charged for october.

but...i don't see any charge on my bank account online, and i haven't gotten a tracking number yet.

I don't understand why you would get charged if you cancelled? Because you cancelled not skipped? I don't mind julep but I sure did not want the crackle polish

Originally Posted by DiorAdora /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand why you would get charged if you cancelled? Because you cancelled not skipped? I don't mind julep but I sure did not want the crackle polish
yeah i forgot to skip that month so i went ahead and cancelled after that, so i wouldn't make the mistake it again. they told me i would get october's box, which i was fine with, since it was my own mistake. but if i didn't get charged, then i'm happy!

is the tracking number the way you figure out if you got a golden box or not?

i had read some comments before i was a subscriber, so i didn't catch what the different numbers generally meant.

is the tracking number the way you figure out if you got a golden box or not? i had read some comments before i was a subscriber, so i didn't catch what the different numbers generally meant.
Yes. If your tracking number starts with 9434 and the package is shipped Parcel Post, you *probably* got a golden box (though it's not guaranteed; for example, the month with the nail polish remover, everyone who got a box with the remover had a tracking number that started with 9434). If the tracking number starts with 9400 and the package is shipped First Class Mail, you definitely did not get a golden box.

Back