Julep October 2012 Boxes

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you're willing to spend the $20 for them, you can still get them in the Maven boutique after you create an account and order an intro box, though it probably won't be added until October 1st. So you'll have to wait a little longer than current mavens, but you can still get it for the $20 price.
And, for those folks who said, "I want the drops but I hate the colors, I'm skipping", unless I'm missing something, the drops are only $14, so why not just go ahead and get the drops and NOT a box?

I caved and switched to the Maven box. I can't resist the blue! Now I have a question perhaps one of you lovely ladies can help me with? I originally switched my Boho Glam for the It Girl box, added the drops and then the Maven box was announced. I switched to Maven, do I have to re-add the drops?

I don't know if you had to readd them but I did it to be safe. I decided on Maven's box at first, but then I realised I wanted the two polishes in the It Girl box more so I just added the drops on the second time when I changed it again. Maybe I'll send them an email just to be safe I didn't get two sets of drops since I don't want to pay for them accidentally.

If I don't like next month I may just cancel. I just ordered the Butter London special from Coterie. I had skipped too many months in a row so I wanted some new polish. It ended up being 3 polishes and a top coat for $16.85 including shipping.

So I skipped the month, but just got an email that I earned a free month due to referrals. From what I've read, you can't choose when that free month is? Will I be getting a box this month then or will the free box be for next month? I wanted to email them, but figured I wouldn't hear back quickly enough to know if I have to choose.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I skipped the month, but just got an email that I earned a free month due to referrals. From what I've read, you can't choose when that free month is? Will I be getting a box this month then or will the free box be for next month? I wanted to email them, but figured I wouldn't hear back quickly enough to know if I have to choose.
I would call them up and ask them about it. It's better to call about that sort of question than wait for an email. I'm not sure what the answer is though, sorry. =(

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would call them up and ask them about it. It's better to call about that sort of question than wait for an email. I'm not sure what the answer is though, sorry. =(
Yeah that's what I figured, but it's late so I have to wait until tomorrow. If I end up getting the free box I'll grab Mavens Choice and MAYBE add Sophia.

When I tried to skip, I got an email saying I got a free box and they automatically unskipped me when I checked my account. I chose my box and added on the quick dry drops, and then changed my mind to another box and readded the the drops again so I emailed them to made sure I got only one set of drops. They emailed me to confirm that I got the free box for referrals and that I would only be charged for the drops. So if automatically unskips you I think you can be sure that it means you got a free box due to referrals then.

I was psyched for my set (Bombshell ordered!) it has an awesome on-trend oxblood and the crackle is a tasteful color for halloween (black + burgundy). I used to have some drying drops from another company but they don't make that formula anymore, looking forward to trying Julep's.

Also I ordered the "Sofia" glow-in-the-dark color, and when I went back (I considered adding Caroline) it seems that the Sofia color is sold out. I wonder if that's temporary or if it's gone for anyone else ordering for October. I got mine in time, thankfully.

I think Sofia should have been put in many of the boxes for October !that would have been a hit:) I wouldn't have skipped!

Their offices are closed through the weekend, so I sent an email. I just unskipped and selected Mavens Choice just to be safe. I wanted to add on Sophia, but it was sold out. I figured the quick drops would be $9.99, but they were only $5.99 so I added those on instead. I'll try calling Monday to double check that it's all okay though.

I like this crackle look I saw on Pinterest. I'm going to try some Halloween Mickey ears with my crackle.

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like this crackle look I saw on Pinterest. I'm going to try some Halloween Mickey ears with my crackle.

OMG! That's a super cute and original way to use crackle. I'm glad people are getting more creative with it. I have a soft spot for it even if it's a untrendy now.

Wow, I love this one!! So cute!

LOVE it! I'm deff going to have to try to do pumpkin ones. Knowing me they'll come out looking like blobs.. but still!

I ended up skipping, but not because I don't like any of the colors...just have to make a sephora purchase (well, they have something I reallllly want online) so I decided to not spend the money elsewhere this month.  I love Julep and my other subs, but my fiancee has made it clear when we move in to our house/apt in about 6 months, I can only keep one!  Oh, decisions, decisions... 

P.S- does anyone know how many times in a row/per year you can skip Julep?  Cause if I can skip every other month then I'll keep it when the time comes

I was hoping HauteLook would have the top/base coat combo like last time Julep was on there. No such luck. I like their top/base coats, but I find their shop prices too high even with the discount. Oh well.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was hoping HauteLook would have the top/base coat combo like last time Julep was on there. No such luck. I like their top/base coats, but I find their shop prices too high even with the discount. Oh well.
The "Mani Starter Kit" has both the top and basecoat. It's just that it has a bunch of other stuff too.

I already own most of the Julep colors that I want so there's no need for me to get in on any of these deals (and I don't like Hautelook anyway), that said I think the themed combos that Julep came up with are super cute! If it were closer to the holidays I might consider a couple of these for gifts for people.

I'm also intrigued by "Donna", the dark teal in the "Jewel Tones" set. I knew I didn't recognize it and there's no swatches or anything about it online! The packaging looks slightly different, too. I'm guessing it was discontinued early but it's still weird that there's nothing about it online and then it shows up in one of these sets...

Originally Posted by dixiegirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am wondering when the ones that did get their boxes this month will be invited into the "secret shop".  I am kind of excited about that.  Also, when does Julep ship?  I forgot, skipped so many boxes recently.
I believe I remember seeing October 1st for the Secret Shop, but I could be making that up.

Off the top of my head, the Julep calendar is as follows:

20th-24th: Selections (so today is the last day to skip, ladies!)

25th: Charge

27th: Ship

Back