Julep Online Warehouse Sale - 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think there might be a hacker attack going on against banks and etailers today. I'm posting this from my phone, so this isn't affected, but I work for a bank, and everything on the network is running painfully slow today. This usually means hacking up the wazoo at every place that involves money.

I ordered last night and got a shipping email already, I can say one thing about Julep... their shipping is great. I'm just glad I beat the disaster that sounds like today on their site.

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wow, that was incredibly painful!!!  It took me an hour to try and get everything in the cart and finally check out. There was constant refreshing and reloading of pages, and letting it sit there as it thought to itself for 10 minutes at a time, after you'd hit the next/continue, etc button.  dang Julep IT dept- you didn't expect and plan for a mad rush and everyone sucking up yer bandwidth???
I'm pretty sure they did expect it and that's why they silently started the sale on Saturday night. 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ETA- just saw your post- off to try & grab rock candy!!
I got it, but just my luck, they duplicated the order.  So now I have to contact them to cancel the duplicate order and hope that nothing else gets screwed up.  I still wasn't able to get Julia or Candy, but I did manage to snag the Rock Candy Collection, the Oprah Collection, Vanessa, Caroline, Sharon, and Sofia.

My husband may in fact kill me.  I rarely if ever where nail polish.  I guess I have to start.

Out of curiousity, how long do your manicures last before they start to seriously chip or crack?  I'm lucky if I can get 2 days and I don't know if that is normal or if I suck at painting my nails.

Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ETA- just saw your post- off to try & grab rock candy!!
I got it, but just my luck, they duplicated the order.  So now I have to contact them to cancel the duplicate order and hope that nothing else gets screwed up.  I still wasn't able to get Julia or Candy, but I did manage to snag the Rock Candy Collection, the Oprah Collection, Vanessa, Caroline, Sharon, and Sofia.

My husband may in fact kill me.  I rarely if ever where nail polish.  I guess I have to start.

Out of curiousity, how long do your manicures last before they start to seriously chip or crack?  I'm lucky if I can get 2 days and I don't know if that is normal or if I suck at painting my nails.

My current manicure lasted 6 days before chipping on a shampoo bottle cap in the shower. Using a good base and top coat really does wonders. 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm pretty sure they did expect it and that's why they silently started the sale on Saturday night. 
wink.gif
aahahhahahaha!  Yes, and I bet a whole bunch of IT guys called off "sick" today too.  ha!
laughno.gif

Ok, so I had to do it in multiple orders, but I got pretty much everything I was looking for YAY! (bad news, means that multiple boxes will arrive at the house and bf will be like WTH??)  I need to step away from the computer, to keep from ordering anything else!! ha!  I think I probably, if you add up all the orders, just came over that $75 & get a free julep tee bonus they had in the warehouse email. but since it wasn't in all one order, probably no tee for me.  Oh well. no biggie.

and yes, I think I got at least 5-6 days before a chip too w/ julep (I use a basecoat sometimes, and always seche vite quick dry top coat), but I tend to like to change my polish often, so I don't worry about it too much.

Ok, so apparently I need to make some changes to how I do manicures.  Any suggestions on good base and top coats?  Any tips for doing a successful manicure (websites, blogs, youtube, personal tips)?

Also, can a manicure ever survive a swimming pool?  I'm a swimmer and a 2 hour workout in the pool is better than any nail polish remover ever created.  Any thoughts or does it all come back to my top coat?

Also, called Julep about the duplicate order.  They were great and got it straightened out within minutes.  Though they do seem a bit busy right now.  
help.gif

Hi. I am in the same position as you. Until I ordered my julep I had not painted my nails for maybe 10 years. And my husband was none too happy about me ordering a bunch of nail stuff. But I'm enjoying looking at it and applying it and thinking about it. It is just that one of the things that I can dare from my sickbed. I use nail tech two undercoat and Seche Vite as a top coat and so far I'm working on the sixth day of the manicure. We all enjoy a few small treats. Especially when the prices are so good. Have fun

I usually use CND Stickey base coat and Seche Vite top coat. Sometimes I switch it up and use different ones though. I have Zoya Anchor base coat and Armor top coat on the way since others don't play well with Zoya's 5-free formula. 

I was able to get the following items from the warehouse sale

Item Sku Qty Subtotal
copperlove.jpg
Copper Love
10-01-00245 1 $5.00
lemonmirengue.jpg
Lemon Meringue
10-01-00243 1 $5.00
rockcandycollection.jpg
Rock Candy Collection
10-01-00241 1 $10.00
olivia_1.jpg
Olivia Classic with a Twist
06-01-00220 1 $3.00
americathebeautiful_1_2.jpg
America the Beautiful American Beauty
06-01-00104 1 $3.00
chelsea.jpg
Chelsea Bombshell
06-01-00119 1 $11.20

I TOTALLY forgot about this until just now but I still managed to grab a few things.

I got the Backyard BBQ set with Natasha & Abbie, and then singles of America the Beautiful and Sofia. I also got the Plum Passion lip duo with Zinnia & Peony, and the Pomegranate body cream & body scrub. 

Just over $24 shipped for 4 polishes in colors I don't have, 2 lip colors and a body cream & body scrub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Definitely glad I skipped the Mystery box for this! 

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I TOTALLY forgot about this until just now but I still managed to grab a few things.

I got the Backyard BBQ set with Natasha & Abbie, and then singles of America the Beautiful and Sofia. I also got the Plum Passion lip duo with Zinnia & Peony, and the Pomegranate body cream & body scrub. 

Just over $24 shipped for 4 polishes in colors I don't have, 2 lip colors and a body cream & body scrub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Definitely glad I skipped the Mystery box for this! 
dito.gif
  yes, yes, yes!!
biggrin.gif

So I didn't buy any nail polish but I grabbed some pink body butters and scrubs. Love free shipping.  

Out of what was left at noon (Central Time) today, I got the Gold Dust set. Wanted several others but they were already out of stock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

frown.gif

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Out of what was left at noon (Central Time) today, I got the Gold Dust set. Wanted several others but they were already out of stock :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

frown.gif
keep checking back in though, a lot of stuff I saw that was listed as sold out, came back/was re-stocked later on!

Hi, swimsalot! I have just restarted doing my nails after a hiatus of many, many years. I am also bedridden. A mani is one of the best lift-me-ups we can do! BUT I do have the full support of my husband because he sees how happy it makes me. Maybe you could share this with your hubby?

Back