Julep Online Warehouse Sale - 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how many of those Oprah's Favorite Things box sets they made? With how often the come up in sales I'm picturing a huge warehouse with them stacked floor to ceiling rows deep. Haha. They should just start giving them away "YOU get a nail collection! And YOU get a nail collection!" 

Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wonder how many of those Oprah's Favorite Things box sets they made? With how often the come up in sales I'm picturing a huge warehouse with them stacked floor to ceiling rows deep. Haha. They should just start giving them away "YOU get a nail collection! And YOU get a nail collection!" 
HAHAHAHAHA! 
roflmao.gif

so it shows the pink body scrub back in stock, but when i click on it it says its out of stock!  grrrrr

Originally Posted by mariahk83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

so it shows the pink body scrub back in stock, but when i click on it it says its out of stock!  grrrrr
uggh, that's annoying! well you still have like 8 more hours of the sale left to keep checking back in, right? *crosses fingers for you!*

noo i opened the page as soon as i got the warehouse sale open email and forgot about it

now everything i could want is out of stock lol. better for the wallet 
wink.gif

Thanks Angismith. I may share that with him. They seem to just want these illnesses to be over and done with everything finished. But we know it doesn't work that way. Maybe women are just more patient than men. After all besides waiting for our nails to dry we have to wait nine months for a baby to come out and how many years to find a good guy. I think he'll be happier once I get some more cheerful colors. My intro box was boho glam with a dark blue And a light green color. Hopefully he'll like some of the colors that are coming in my Oprah box. Take Care

Originally Posted by rainpetal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiousity, how long do your manicures last before they start to seriously chip or crack?  I'm lucky if I can get 2 days and I don't know if that is normal or if I suck at painting my nails.
Mine's lasted over a week now, and that includes swimming in our chlorinated pool (we have neighbors who don't do chlorine ~ salt, maybe?), dishes, laundry (two ginormous teenagers and a big hubby ~ all who seem to think they're super models and need constant clothing changes), sweeping, gardening ... you get the picture.

I use Deb Lippman's Gel Lab and it's A. MAY. ZING. Usually, my nails are *brittle enough that just one sinkful of dishes is enough to break every nail ~ but with Lippman's Gel Lab, they're damned nigh indestructible.

However, I do think that the gel stuff damages them. If I go for a few days without GL on, my nails seem even more brittle than before.

* My nails are brittle due to a myriad of health issues (my doctor told me which one contributes to the crappy health of my nails, but that would require paying attention) so YMMV.

I got Julia!!!! 
yess.gif

It's the only color that I wanted! I got it for only $2 so I'm not counting it toward my low-buy. I also got 5 cabochon rings - I'm using Julia for one of them.

I ordered the Oprah Fave Things collection ~ had three polishes I loved and two my DD wanted, so I figured it was a good buy! If it had have been on sale, I would have taken a chance on the DD cream, too.

Mainly though, I was ordering the Maven Intro box. I was really hoping to get a June box, since I read somewhere that they sometimes sell "extras" on the site.

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Julia!!!! 
yess.gif

It's the only color that I wanted! I got it for only $2 so I'm not counting it toward my low-buy. I also got 5 cabochon rings - I'm using Julia for one of them.
So jealous!  But I'm going to have to let that one go.  I want it, but since I'm getting 20 other nail polishes, I think I can let this one slide.  I am so excited over that Oprah box!!  The colors are beautiful and only 1 duplicate for me.

Any suggestions for sneaking these packages in without my husband noticing?  Even if I explain that I'm getting 20 nail polishes and a jewelry box for $54, I still expect that he will think I'm crazy.  And yet, he is spending $4000 on his car for "upgrades".  Maybe I shouldn't feel so guilty?

Originally Posted by lioness90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got Julia!!!! 
yess.gif

Congratulations! Julia is gorgeous! 
smilehappyyes.gif

Originally Posted by BeachBoheme /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered the Oprah Fave Things collection ~ had three polishes I loved and two my DD wanted, so I figured it was a good buy! If it had have been on sale, I would have taken a chance on the DD cream, too.

Mainly though, I was ordering the Maven Intro box. I was really hoping to get a June box, since I read somewhere that they sometimes sell "extras" on the site.
Check under the "Maven Exclusives" tab and you can find the past month boxes, including June. 
icon_biggrin.gif

Any suggestions for sneaking these packages in without my husband noticing?  Even if I explain that I'm getting 20 nail polishes and a jewelry box for $54, I still expect that he will think I'm crazy.  And yet, he is spending $4000 on his car for "upgrades".  Maybe I shouldn't feel so guilty?
LOL, when I used to be a constant sewer/quilter, we'd have loooong convos on how to sneak (fabric) purchases in without the hubsters knowing.

Back then, it was to hide your purchase for a few days, and then, when the hubs finally noticed, telling him "Oh this? I've had this for a LONG time!"

Now, I just tell him that it's an early gift for _______ (insert his B-day, anniversary, Father's Day, Christmas, etc). Or, if I've used that one too many times, I have things sent UPS where possible and have the items held at my local UPS office for pick up while he's at work. UPS MyChoice is my freaking bestie at this point. o_O

I know that sounds terribly, horribly deceptive. But see, he buys clothes, yard gadgets, car stuff, etc ~ and those are the kind of things he understands. He'd be HAPPY if I buy that stuff ~ he just doesn't *understand* MAKEUP. Makeup is silly to him.

Does that make sense? I've really been working on my rationale system ... ,')

Originally Posted by MissTrix /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congratulations! Julia is gorgeous! 
smilehappyyes.gif
Thanks!

So jealous!  But I'm going to have to let that one go.  I want it, but since I'm getting 20 other nail polishes, I think I can let this one slide.  I am so excited over that Oprah box!!  The colors are beautiful and only 1 duplicate for me.
Nice!

I totally forgot about this, and by the time I got on a bit ago, most things that I wanted to get (sea salt and Julia) were gone. I still managed to get Minka and America the Beautiful... used my beauty bio code, free shipping, paid five bucks. Not bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by sabinebyrne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I totally forgot about this, and by the time I got on a bit ago, most things that I wanted to get (sea salt and Julia) were gone. I still managed to get Minka and America the Beautiful... used my beauty bio code, free shipping, paid five bucks. Not bad. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Julia is back in stock! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

-dumb question,  but does anyone know if you've placed multiple orders today (because things keeping coming back in stock throughout the day), will they consolidate all of them in one package for shipping? (ahahahahha, I don't want to have to explain to my bf like 5 boxes arriving from juelp..
laughing.gif
).

-dumb question,  but does anyone know if you've placed multiple orders today (because things keeping coming back in stock throughout the day), will they consolidate all of them in one package for shipping? (ahahahahha, I don't want to have to explain to my bf like 5 boxes arriving from juelp.. :laughing: ).
My guess is that you'll end up getting multiple boxes- maybe greet the bf in lingerie when he gets home... He won't even notice the boxes. Works like a charm everytime ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Julia is back in stock! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
EEK! I have it in my cart, used my code that I got from their text... and it's not working! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oops! My bad. Subtle difference between 0 and O. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Got Julia and Portia as well. That code actually took half off the entire order, not just one polish, so it was only $3.50! And now I really need to walk away from the nail polishes for the rest of this sale. haha

Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I TOTALLY forgot about this until just now but I still managed to grab a few things.

I got the Backyard BBQ set with Natasha & Abbie, and then singles of America the Beautiful and Sofia. I also got the Plum Passion lip duo with Zinnia & Peony, and the Pomegranate body cream & body scrub. 

Just over $24 shipped for 4 polishes in colors I don't have, 2 lip colors and a body cream & body scrub :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />Definitely glad I skipped the Mystery box for this! 
dito.gif
  yes, yes, yes!!
biggrin.gif

Yes!!! I am glad I skipped too.

Is the code they are sending out in the text message one time use only? We don't have cells, we just use our iPods with Google Voice so we have numbers and can text people through that, but those 5 digit numbers never work for us :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back