July 2012 No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by koolcryyss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My one true weaknessess are beauty subscriptions... I love getting presents in the mail more than I like the products!
Same here!  My Test Tube arrived yesterday and I stopped on the way home to get a bottle of wine.  Opening them is like a special event!

Ughhhh, I just went and looked through my drawers, and I got all sad again. Would it be cheating if I bought a Z palette? All 203498 palettes that I have around are driving me nuts. I wish eBay let people sell used cosmetics, because then I could get rid of some of this junk and get money back. Blegh. Too bad I've used everything. 

Baaaaaaaah. This weather is making me feel all gross. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ughhhh, I just went and looked through my drawers, and I got all sad again. Would it be cheating if I bought a Z palette? All 203498 palettes that I have around are driving me nuts. I wish eBay let people sell used cosmetics, because then I could get rid of some of this junk and get money back. Blegh. Too bad I've used everything. 

Baaaaaaaah. This weather is making me feel all gross. 
You could post a classifieds here or something on craigslist. There's been other ladies who put items up for sale. Just specify you're selling and not interested in trading..can't hurt!

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You could post a classifieds here or something on craigslist. There's been other ladies who put items up for sale. Just specify you're selling and not interested in trading..can't hurt!
True! I'll consider it. I'm just so leery, since I had a trade on here that went terribly. I may just send a big ol' box of goodies to my mom. 

Originally Posted by MissLindaJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, I'm 50% shiny new beauty stuff, 50% having boxes/packages to rip open. I think it reminds me of being a little kid and associating mail with being special. Lol, I would beg my parents to let me check and open mail.
That's one of the reasons that I stalk freebie sites.... I like little surprises (since freebies often run out, I put them straight out of my mind the minute they're ordered. Then, if they don't arrive, I"m not disappointed, but if they do, I get to be all excited).

True! I'll consider it. I'm just so leery, since I had a trade on here that went terribly. I may just send a big ol' box of goodies to my mom. 
Yes, the trade thing can get dicey sometimes, but I think most of us do pretty well..Besides if you put up a sale thread only, they can pay you through paypal and then you ship..Like Ebay, but better for what you're looking for! If I was your mother, I'd say...send  my box yesterday! LOL

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's one of the reasons that I stalk freebie sites.... I like little surprises (since freebies often run out, I put them straight out of my mind the minute they're ordered. Then, if they don't arrive, I"m not disappointed, but if they do, I get to be all excited).
Yep, feel the same way. If it's free, no big deal if it gets lost in transit!

Just spent $11 on some perfume samples, which means that on day 11, I've spent $15 of my $50 budget. Going to let the hair cut wait till next month, but the brows are getting dire, so that's gonna have to happen out of my remaining $35. Because I'd been doing so well with conscious buying previously, taking this month easy with a budget and just sort of taking stock of where I am seems to be working out for me. So far, anyway!

Yay! My glamordolleyes samples came in today! Hopefully i can make these last me all month so I don't buy anything else!

5 days into my no-buy and I failed. Caved today at Target and bought 2 $1 quads by ELF (in Butternut and Day 2 Night), ELF cream eyeliner in black, Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch and a NYX Matte lipstick in Nude (at the beauty supply store). That totals up to about $16. I know it's not much but, it's not necessarily the dollar figure for me, as much as it is the fact that I'm very impulsive when it comes to buying makeup. For reference, I have well over 100 eyeshadows in MAC alone, not to mention NYX, Nars MUFE, and others. I have 35 MAC lipsticks, about 20 lipglasses (also MAC) - and that's not counting the many, many lippies I have in other brands! Plus, I want MAC Angel lipstick but I didn't buy it and I'm trying not to but that impulsive voice is hard at work trying to justify buying it. I need help.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

5 days into my no-buy and I failed. Caved today at Target and bought 2 $1 quads by ELF (in Butternut and Day 2 Night), ELF cream eyeliner in black, Maybelline Baby Lips in Pink Punch and a NYX Matte lipstick in Nude (at the beauty supply store). That totals up to about $16. I know it's not much but, it's not necessarily the dollar figure for me, as much as it is the fact that I'm very impulsive when it comes to buying makeup. For reference, I have well over 100 eyeshadows in MAC alone, not to mention NYX, Nars MUFE, and others. I have 35 MAC lipsticks, about 20 lipglasses (also MAC) - and that's not counting the many, many lippies I have in other brands! Plus, I want MAC Angel lipstick but I didn't buy it and I'm trying not to but that impulsive voice is hard at work trying to justify buying it. I need help.
Have you opened things? You might be able to take them back if you're really regretting them!

Yes, I've opened everything. It didn't even cross my mind to take it back.
icon_cry.gif

Have you opened things? You might be able to take them back if you're really regretting them!

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, I've opened everything. It didn't even cross my mind to take it back.
icon_cry.gif
I've done the exact same thing before. It sucks when you realize you could just return it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I really need to do this! I think my only vice is online shopping... I can never seem to overspend if I have to do it in person. I have a shopping budget on mint.com that has helped a little, and I always use my debit card so I can't rack up a bunch of debt, but I've still already spent almost $200 on clothes, books, subscriptions, and makeup this month! And I'm a student! From this point on July is a no-buy month... and I will be canceling GlossyBox (still in love with BirchBox so that stays for now). 

Ughh, today has been a crappy day. I was seriously about to drive to Walgreens and hit the beauty section. I resisted, and I'm here watching tv and sulking instead lol.

Utkgirl: welcome! I see you're a UT student as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ughh, today has been a crappy day. I was seriously about to drive to Walgreens and hit the beauty section. I resisted, and I'm here watching tv and sulking instead lol.

Utkgirl: welcome! I see you're a UT student as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was at walgreens a couple of days ago and I caved and bought a two Freeman's cucumber peel off masks (buy on get one free) and a new makeup remover (also on sale.) I was doing pretty good up until then.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My glamourdolleye's samples came in! SO BEAUTIFUL!

Ooooh, pretty!!!!!!!!!! Swatches, swatches! I need to live vicariously through you lol. 

Blahh just ordered the NARS joie de vivre palette. I feel guilty about it...but not guilty enough to cancel lol. I hoard blush like its my job but I actual don't have a single NARS blush...not even orgasm. If I still feel guilty when it arrives...I'll sell it on ebay. 

Latest posts

Back