July 2012 No-Buy/Low-Buy Support Group

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Blahh just ordered the NARS joie de vivre palette. I feel guilty about it...but not guilty enough to cancel lol. I hoard blush like its my job but I actual don't have a single NARS blush...not even orgasm. If I still feel guilty when it arrives...I'll sell it on ebay. 
Don't feel guilty! It's a really good deal. Even though they put Orgasm in everything, it's still a really pretty blush. and NARS stuff is excellent quality. I think this one is much better than the Danmari, to be honest!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And now I"m browsing the entire Nordstrom presale and god, I could do a LOT of damage. 
I'm kind of glad I don't have a Nordstrom card (even though I am crazy considering it atm), because I would probably go nuts. 

Ahhh, looking through my cabinets, and I see so many regretted purchases. Gah. I wish I kept the packaging for that UD anniversary palette. Then I could return it. Don't get me wrong, it's gorgeous, but I haven't touched it once since I've bought it. Boooooooo. 

Also, I just found out that we have about $150 in our savings account. Now I feel like a stupid little brat for asking my husband to buy me that NARS palette.

I've really been wanting to try out a white eyeliner on my lower waterline.  I went into Ulta on Monday and bought the Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Yeyo.  I feel like I got a good deal because it was only $19.00, while at Sephora I paid $24.00 for the UD Eye Pencil in Covet (green) at the end of February.  But I still know I could do without it, especially since I'm just starting out with eyeliner and I had a heck of a time putting it on when I got home.  I also got a Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple at Target with a $3.00 off coupon, but I was planning to buy that as part of my low buy stuff for July.  I walked by Ulta and I couldn't go past without going in.  Ulta just opened up here in Council Bluffs and I don't know why I'm so excited since I hardly buy any make up anyway.  I don't exactly feel guilty, but I know I didn't absolutely need a white eyeliner right this minute, although it sure felt like it when I was buying it.  I could definitely use the money for something else.  I came out of Target and Ulta was between me and Wal-Mart and it was like I was a fish on a hook.  I just had to go in. 

Does anybody have tips on applying eyeliner to my bottom water line?  I got it all over my bottom lashes and it's supposed to be waterproof, but it was gone from my waterline in half an hour.  I am very nearsighted without my glasses and I have to get about 3 inches from the mirror, which has proven to be a real pain in the butt.  I had fun playing with it when I got home on Monday, but I'm going to need a lot more practice before I eyeliner to work.  The green one hasn't gone so well, either.

I know how you feel. I have 2 quads from the MAC Colour Craft collection (June 2009) and I may have used them 3 times since I bought them. I just don't reach for them, there's something that's not alluring about them. I mean they're pretty in pan but they just don't do it for me.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ahhh, looking through my cabinets, and I see so many regretted purchases. Gah. I wish I kept the packaging for that UD anniversary palette. Then I could return it. Don't get me wrong, it's gorgeous, but I haven't touched it once since I've bought it. Boooooooo. 

Also, I just found out that we have about $150 in our savings account. Now I feel like a stupid little brat for asking my husband to buy me that NARS palette.

Another $10 and change brings me up to $25 of the $50 I said I could spend this month. However....I can't fault how gorgeous the three nail polishes I got (Fergie Wet n Wild stuff) are. The rule these days is "It has to be substantially different from anything you already have!"....and these are.

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know how you feel. I have 2 quads from the MAC Colour Craft collection (June 2009) and I may have used them 3 times since I bought them. I just don't reach for them, there's something that's not alluring about them. I mean they're pretty in pan but they just don't do it for me.
Some of my biggest regrets are from MAC! I think part of it is people get caught up in the hype, buy a ton of stuff, and then they regret some of those purchases. I know I've done it before. 

I've been trying to be on a no buy since June 1..It's so hard! I'm allowing myself my sub boxes, but trying not to make any other purchases. I've caved a couple of times, but it's getting a lot harder now. I get overwhelmed by all of the stuff I have that I never feel I'll use. It makes me upset and then that just makes me want to go buy more to make myself happier. Anyone else feel like this???

Those eyeshadows are gorgeous!  You are a temptress to put the pictures up here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm feeling good about this month.  Been working on using stuff up, and have not bought anything, just got my brows threaded pre-vacation. 

Some of my biggest regrets are from MAC! I think part of it is people get caught up in the hype, buy a ton of stuff, and then they regret some of those purchases. I know I've done it before. 
Yep. MAC used to be my downfall...I'd buy their stuff at what (to me) was often a ridiculous price point and find myself using much less expensive products on the daily, till I wound up throwing out a lot of it. And as frequently as they do LE stuff lately, it's just gotten insane, IMHO

Could be true for some people, but I've been a MAC customer for years, since 2001, so it's really not about hype for me, as much as it is that I'm just a compulsive makeup hoarder :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> These quads are pretty much the only thing I regret from MAC.

Got an aniversary 20% off email from Birchbox yesterday, but it has to be used in a week.  I was/am tempted.  Not sure if I'll use it or not.  I've got $10 in Birchbox bucks to spend as well.  The "but it's such a great deal" voice is beckoning me.

Woohoo!  I did my Use Up 50 Items List too!

1. Purity (deluxe sample)

2. Bliss 2-1 foaming cleanser (deluxe sample)

3.  DDF 5% glycolic cleanser (sephora sample)

4. CO Bigelow Toner (full size)

5. MaryKay TimeWise micro derm (full size)

6. MaryKay TimeWise Restore (full size)

7. Murad T-Zone Pore Refiner (Deluxe Sample)

8. Murad eye cream (deluxe sample)

9. Murad moisturizer (deluxe sample)

10. Ahava moisturizer (deluxe sample)

11. Clinique moisture surge (Deluxe sample)

12. Philosophy moisturizer (Deluxe sample)

13. Clinique eye makeup remover (full size)

14. Body Shop eye makeup remover (travel size)

15. Body Shop Jolly Orange body Butter (full size)

16. BBW Tahiti Sweetie (full Size)

17. BBW Hold it Right there (full size)

18. BBW Bronzing self tanner (full size)

19. BBW Cucumber Melon Shower gel (full size)

20. Burt's Bees Milk and Honey lotion (sample packet)

21. BBW White Citrus Shower Gel (travel size)

22. BBW Sweet Pea Shower Gel (travel size)

23. Caress velvet bliss shower gel (deluxe sample)

24. Caress silk shower gel (deluxe sample)

25.BBW Eucalyptus Spearmint Sudsing body scrub (full size)

26. BBW Energy Lemon Zest hand soap (full size)

27.  BBW Vanilla Hand Soap (full size)

28. JR Watkins Hand and cuticle salve (deluxe sample)

29. Archipelago lavender hand cream (sample packet)

30. Fresh bath fizz (one time use)

31. Fekkai Shea Butter Shampoo (full size)

32.  Fekkai Protein RX Conditioner (full size)

33. Garnier Color Shield Shampoo (sample packet)

34. Garnier Color Shield Conditioner (sample packet)

35.  Pantene shampoo (deluxe sample)

36.  Pantene shampoo (deluxe sample)

37.  Pantene shampoo (deluxe sample)

38. Pantene conditioner (deluxe sample)

39. Pantene conditioner (deluxe sample)

40. Pantene conditioner (deluxe sample)

41. John Frieda serum (full size)

42. Alima Pure Desert Rose (deluxe sample)

43. Alima Pure Sospiro (deluxe sample)

44. Origins VitaZing (deluxe Sample)

45. Dr. Jart's BB cream (deluxe sample)

46. Jouer LMT Bronzed (sample packet)

47. Fresh Sugar lip treatment (deluxe sample)

48. Jouer Lip conditioner (full size)

49. Cover Girl Natureluxe foundation (full size)

50. Nars El Dorado cream shadow (full size)

I hope to use all of this before school starts again (9/6)!!!

Originally Posted by Beautiijunkii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Could be true for some people, but I've been a MAC customer for years, since 2001, so it's really not about hype for me, as much as it is that I'm just a compulsive makeup hoarder :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> These quads are pretty much the only thing I regret from MAC.
I only have a few regrets from MAC, too. But those few items are just enough to make me really careful about getting caught up in new collections!

Originally Posted by Heartbroken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yay! Another person using up 50 products. We'll have to give each other support. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm really, really close to using up a few items, but it definitely has been taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. I can easily see this taking me until late fall to complete. Not like that's a bad thing, though. 

Ah I just ordered the balm stainiac and a color club nail polish in blue-ming from birchbox.... It came to $25, and I used my 20% off anniversary code to bring it down to $20, and used $20 worth of bb points to buy it...

i mean technically i didn't spend money! lol!

You're right! I usually don't get caught up in all of their collection hype. I have to like something to buy whether its an LE item or permanent, I just really thought I liked that stuff at the time. I'm more careful now.

I only have a few regrets from MAC, too. But those few items are just enough to make me really careful about getting caught up in new collections!

Yay! Another person using up 50 products. We'll have to give each other support. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm really, really close to using up a few items, but it definitely has been taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. I can easily see this taking me until late fall to complete. Not like that's a bad thing, though. 

Wow!! That's awesome!! How long did it take u?

Originally Posted by Heartbroken /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol, I haven't used them up yet, it's my 'Use it Up' list!  I hope to have it all gone by september 9, when school starts again.  When ever I reach for a new product, I remind myself of this use it up priority.  Kind of reminds me of Dave Ramsey's snowball method of dumping debt!!

Latest posts

Back