Kardashians Launching Color Cosmetics Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto! She's amazing because there is a team of people spending hours getting her dolled up. The tricks are things she's been taught, not come up with...there's nothing original about the Kardashians...bleh

Originally Posted by Ingrid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If their makeup products turn out good, I will definitely be buying, why not? Plus nobody can deny Kim K is amazing with her makeup and beauty tricks! 

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But she gets her makeup done by a pro 90% of the time. :/

IKR?? What does that kid know about nail polish? I think he even has a fragrance!

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Even Justin Beiber had his own line of OPI nail polish!
rofl2.gif

IKR?? What does that kid know about nail polish? I think he even has a fragrance!
He does and it stinks to the ends of the earth. Ditto for two that are tied in to the Kardashians. I don't buy celebrity perfume with the exception of Sarah Jessica Parker's and Kate Walsh Boyfriend, and that's because those ladies actually had a hand in the creation of their scents, they didn't rent their names out.

I'm no fan of this family just based on their ridiculous supposed 'reality' shows, which truly nauseate me, but I do remember a skin care line they put their name on a while back that I actually considered trying because the ingredients in the products were really good compared to typical skin care lines. That really surprised me. Had they been available in retail stores, I wouldve given them a shot. But I didn't want to risk losing money on products I couldn't return if they didn't work for me. I try to do my best to keep an open mind when it comes to stuff like this & usually make decisions based on product ingredients & performance, not my irrational prejudices. I'm the only one who loses in the end when I make decisions that are overshadowed by my own personal ignorance. Will I be rushing out to try their products & buy them? Definitely not. But seeing as they do have exposure to a great deal of makeup artists & very well might collaborate with some on this, they just might come out with some decent cosmetics. Not to mention the fact that women do learn a great deal from seeing how makeup artists work on their skin. My first 'MAC makeover' many years ago taught me a lot & opened my eyes to many possibilities.

My friend got me a gift set for the Kim Kardashian perfume for Christmas...What??! Lol, dunno what she was thinking..The note is just soooo overpowering; smells like a knock off of a Mark Jacobs perfume.. I've regifted it lol

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

He does and it stinks to the ends of the earth. Ditto for two that are tied in to the Kardashians. I don't buy celebrity perfume with the exception of Sarah Jessica Parker's and Kate Walsh Boyfriend, and that's because those ladies actually had a hand in the creation of their scents, they didn't rent their names out.

It stinks? LOL! The only celeb perfume I've purchased is by Jennifer Lopez. I have 2 of her fragrances and I really like them. I'm really not that into endorsing celebrity crap. They get so greedy and just slap their names on anything to make a quick buck. It's all about building an "empire" nowadays. Smh...

Originally Posted by Bflopolska /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. So many haters. I mean, seriously? So what if they wanna come out with makeup, they already have nail polish. Just because it has their name on it doesn't mean the product is going to be bad. I think if a lot of us were in their shoes, we would be putting out makeup with our names on it.

Originally Posted by ShortyPirate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. So many haters. I mean, seriously? So what if they wanna come out with makeup, they already have nail polish. Just because it has their name on it doesn't mean the product is going to be bad. I think if a lot of us were in their shoes, we would be putting out makeup with our names on it.
I agree 100%

If the makeup is good i'll use it whether it has the Kardashian name or not

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a feeling it will be more similar to how Kat Von D works with Sephora for her line when the fact is that it's a Sephora product with her name slapped on the label to justify the higher price. My guess is the products will be made by ULTA and slapped with their name on it to justify the higher price. Some ULTA products are good and some are not.
The items in Kat Von D's line are not Sephora products, they are just sold exclusively AT Sephora. Kat Von D is very involved in the development of the products of her makeup line from the names she gives each product, to the colors she chooses for her palettes. Her name is not simply "slapped" on the label. 

I agree, ShortyPirate. It's easy for any one of us to sit back & judge people we know nothing about, except their so-called 'reality show' which any sane person would realize is not 'reality' at all. And I'm sure that the majority of people who claim to hate them would jump at a chance like this if they happened to get it. I can understand not liking or even hating a tv show & what it stands for - for whatever reason - but hating people I have never met in my life, who I've never even spent 5 minutes with, & who I know nothing about, who have never hurt me, my family, my friends, would be totally irrational on my part. They will carry on & continue doing what they do, coming up with new business ideas, being offered new opportunities, while people who have no connection to them at all sit around wasting their time slagging them. But when it comes down to it, who are the Kardashian's hurting? And do they really deserve to have insults & nastiness hurled at them? Really? That being said, I'd avoid buying anything Justin Bieber comes out with based on some very ignorant statements he's made on women who have been raped & abortion. Quote: 'Everything happens for a reason'. THAT is something that hurts women/girls - the same people his products are marketed towards - & I won't have any part in supporting an ignorant little sod who's got a attitude like that towards females in general & the very real, horrific trauma rape causes. Sadly, it'll probably take someone he loves, or himself for that matter, being raped for him to pull his head out of his backside. Until then, my $$ won't be helping add to his millions so he can use his unfortunate influence to publicly spew more of his sexist, idiotic garbage.

IDK but J.Lo's glow had an overpowering scent of dried coconut. The only celebrity fragrance I like is SJP's. I doubt I'm going to like the Kardashians (the perfume and the sisters!)

I think it should be interesting to see what kind of colors they come up with. I don't hate the Kardashians but I'm getting a little sick of seeing them in the news all the time!

Now a days you cant say how you feel about something without someone classifying you as a hater. Where did this even originate. Once you do not like something you automatically hate what that person have or have achieved. Or your jealous. I hate the term and how it is used. There are differences between malicious and opinions.

Originally Posted by DimplesIdea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Now a days you cant say how you feel about something without someone classifying you as a hater. Where did this even originate. Once you do not like something you automatically hate what that person have or have achieved. Or your jealous. I hate the term and how it is used. There are differences between malicious and opinions.
Very well said.. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Couldn't agree with you more. 

The first thing I thought of when I heard about this was if they are going to have one of those fancy face chart how to's that look like these:

"Apply your concealer heavily from your under eye area to your temples all the way down to the bottom of your cheeks"

I can't even make sense of the layers of makeup she wears. She's super pretty without any so I don't get why she wears so much

Really? So because a few of us don't care the idea of the Kardashians coming out with a makeup line, or because we have opinions on it, we're haters?

Thank u very much for this.

This times 10000

The nail polish was Nicole by OPI. They simply teamed with them on colors, some of which I love.

When I said I would not be purchasing, it is because they are doing their own line now and I have not seen them actually do a project from the ground up that they throw their heart and soul into. Pride in what they do is not what I get from their public image. My experience from companies, not just the Kardashians, is that going into a venture without really understanding the niche leads to a lot of customer disappointment when the final product comes out. It has nothing to do with being a hater (which, really, is a very juvenile term), and everything to do with an overall dissatisfaction with their business model.

Very well said, doll.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This times 10000

The nail polish was Nicole by OPI. They simply teamed with them on colors, some of which I love.

When I said I would not be purchasing, it is because they are doing their own line now and I have not seen them actually do a project from the ground up that they throw their heart and soul into. Pride in what they do is not what I get from their public image. My experience from companies, not just the Kardashians, is that going into a venture without really understanding the niche leads to a lot of customer disappointment when the final product comes out. It has nothing to do with being a hater (which, really, is a very juvenile term), and everything to do with an overall dissatisfaction with their business model.

Back