Kloverbox Eco-friendly sub box [Spoilers]

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am also one of the people that got an automatic renewal. I didn't read the terms correctly and my sub was renewed. I asked for a refund, but was told no as well. Yes, I was mad, but I knew it was my own fault for not cancelling in time. I don't know if the renewal process has changed, but it was really screwy - sometimes people were charged for a second box before ever receiving the first box.

This is why the late shipping has always annoyed me. We are expected to follow the terms, but KBox has no issues with not following their own terms (shipping between the 15th - 18th of the month).

I've never had an issue with customer service. As with every box out there, it's what you are willing to put up with as a customer. My PopSugar box won't even arrive until May. Don't really care, it's my favorite box and I'll never cancel. On the other hand, LLB sent me one snotty email and I will never subscribe to them again. No matter how darn good those Serendipity bags look. ....
 I know my three month sub was renewed on January 8th, wellllll before I ever got the January box, and probably even before I'd received the December box. The late shipping I didn't know about until after I subbed, and then it was just majorly irritating, but I figured I could deal with it. I don't get the super early auto renewal. I know other subs auto renew like I said; but they're nice enough to offer a refund. I couldn't even get KB to email me back for two weeks. Lots haven't had issues with their CS, but I wonder how many like me have been blocked on their FB because we left negative comments. That's the part I really don't like. I like to hear the good and bad of sub boxes, not just the false positives. 

I know LLB has a record for bad customer service, but they've always been super nice to me and go above and beyond. But I know their track record with other people, I took that gamble when I subbed for a year of Serendipity after I canceled LLB and said I'd never sub to one of their boxes again. I never got a shipping email for my PS box, but I received it last Saturday. It seems a lot of boxes shipped late this month for some reason, LLB too, and I'm dying to see what's in this month's box. 

Does anyone else remember the email from a looooong time ago about upcoming changes - one of them being gifts to customers like free sub extensions and stuff like that?

Yeah like others have said if you can just be chill and let the box come to you when it comes, it's 100% worth it, at least to me. I've gotten the most useful, cool things with this sub, it's always been worth it to but I'm also one of the people who's never had a CS issue, Kelly has always gotten right back to me when I've had questions. I actually really love that the box comes later in the month since I get like 15 other subs, lol! On he flip side I've had Popsugar take three months to solve a problem by ignoring my ten emails I sent in that time period, only when I filed a claim with my bank did I get a solution.

Yeah like others have said if you can just be chill and let the box come to you when it comes, it's 100% worth it, at least to me. I've gotten the most useful, cool things with this sub, it's always been worth it to but I'm also one of the people who's never had a CS issue, Kelly has always gotten right back to me when I've had questions. I actually really love that the box comes later in the month since I get like 15 other subs, lol! On he flip side I've had Popsugar take three months to solve a problem by ignoring my ten emails I sent in that time period, only when I filed a claim with my bank did I get a solution.

I too love this box. I just assume it's always going to be shipped at the end of the month. Like you I have so many other subs coming earlier in the month, so its kind of nice to get it late. My Beauteque sub runs the same way. I've always had Kelly respond to me right away, so I've never had a CS problem like I have had with other subs. I've found the most interesting products through Kloverbox and it has really opened my eyes to thinking about products that are more eco friendly and healthier for me. I understand that others have not had a good experience though and I really hate it. 

I really enjoy this sub too. I am trying to be more eco friendly and I like the opportunity to try new products in that vein. There are several products I've purchased again after receiving them in the box. The only thing I'd change is I'd love more lifestyle items instead of lotions and masks, etc. Especially because the natural versions of these products expire fairly quickly, at least compared to those with unnatural ingredients, and I feel like I can't use them up fast enough before I get more.

I don't mind about the shipping, I just wish they wouldn't say things like "we're trying to ship earlier" and then not deliver. I'm fine in my own mind knowing that I'll get this box at the end of every month. I've just done two six months subs, and those don't auto renew, so I haven't had any billing problems.

All that said, I will likely take a break after my current six month sub is up. I'm cutting back on subs and watching the budget, so I want to get through some of the aforementioned masks and lotions before I purchase any more subscriptions!

My box arrived! I'm terrible at pictures, so I will list what I got!

Reusable snack bags - love them!

Go Green Miracle Balm

Kali organic tampon sampler & wipette

Goodnessknows - snack bar.

Kloverbox overstock item - Balanced Guru body butter

I got my last box today, thank god, can't wait for this sub to be over. I did like March's box better though, but I like the reusable snack bags. My overstock item was the Palmetto Rejuvenating Antioxidant Mask. 

This is my last box of the 6 month sub. I don't think I'll be renewing.

This month didn't do much for me but I don't hate it!

I'll try the bug spray, but I'm the type of person that would bathe in DDT if I could!

I don't love HP, but I am getting low on conditioner so this will get me through a few days!

The Breathe Balm will make a nice little gift to my mom.

I really hope this box isn't going under!

This is the first time since I subbed around 15 months ago that I'm really disappointed and feeling like this box is having problems securing product. The value just wasn't there, and the products were a bummer to me. I'm so sick of HP from Birchbox and I don't use bug spray. I'll pass all of this on to others, bummer cuz I always love just about everything they send out. And no card was weird and unhelpful.

I don't think this was the best Kloverbox there has been. It's ok but almost felt like it was missing a product that the box was shipped prematurely without another product and the info card. It just seemed unfinished for me considering what the boxes are typically like. I probably won't use the bug spray. I don't mind the HP stuff because I was pleasantly surprised by the HP hair and body products when I tried their monthly box.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on their FB that they are emailing cards this month because they printed wrong, and she didn't want to hold up the boxes for re=printed cards.  I agree @@Reija that it feels like something is missing.  I've been their stalwart cheerleader but this was a miss for me, I am getting a gut feeling on this sub that things aren't going so well right now.  Idk, I am probably WAYYY off and it's just growing pains.  I hope it's a round forever, I really love Kloverbox. 

I ended up getting the info are in an email. I think it was good that they sent the boxes without waiting for the info cards so they didn't hold them up. At least we got an electronic one.

I got the info email too. Not wild about this box, but that's probably good as I'm cutting back on subs. This was my last of a six month subscription with the Black Friday weekend deal. I'll keep an eye on it though and would consider resubscribing later this year if it seems like it's getting back on track (and if I ever actually work my way through all the body lotions I now have )

I did not get the email regarding the products. In fact, I had issues with my box and emailed her right away. I have not heard back from anyone at Kloverbox. This is really strange and not like what I have come to expect from them. I am extremely disappointed. 

I did not get the email regarding the products. In fact, I had issues with my box and emailed her right away. I have not heard back from anyone at Kloverbox. This is really strange and not like what I have come to expect from them. I am extremely disappointed.
I wonder what's been up the past several months? Feels like something's going on.

@@Audrey Miles, good luck on getting a response, it seems to be either two extremes. One you never hear from them, or two they provide great customer service. I was in the first camp, and my emails and messages went mostly unanswered and then I was blocked from their FB page. I think something is going on or they grew too big too fast. The boxes are nothing like they used to be. 

Back