Le Metier De Beaute Beauty Vault VIP - Spoilers

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've decided that I'm gonna swap Birchbox out for this sub. I'm getting way overloaded on samples, many of which I end up giving away anyways or are completely forgotten after I stash them away in some corner of my room, and even after a year I've only discovered a single "must have" product. I think it's definitely time to try something new. I'm really lusting after the spoilers of this first box and even if the majority of the remaining months end up personally being duds for me, I could still stockpile a lot of nice Christmas/birthday gifts for friends and family, and that would probably actually save me some money come Christmas time lol.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

(I used to go to Saks and sigh at the high-end stuff I couldn't buy on a poor college student budget.  I would always make room for one particular shade of Stendhal lipstick, though.  I can't remember the shade name, but that was over twenty years ago, so it has probably been discontinued even if this brand *was* available in my area.  Now my budget is larger, but Saks has closed, and the makeup counter ladies at Macy's and Nordstrom look down their noses at me and hover like I'm going to steal everything when I go in on the weekends in my jeans and fandom t-shirts.  The groovy makeup boutique is better about not hovering like I'm going to pocket everything, but they sometimes go in the opposite direction and assume I don't need help because *surely* I don't intend to buy anything there.  I work for a bank all week and just want to *go home* when I'm in my work clothes that tend to get me good service in those stores.  When it's the weekend, I'm going to dress like I'm headed to Comic-Con but am too lazy to do cosplay even though I want to SPEND MONEY when I go to those stores, thankyouverymuch.)
This! The only times I'm ever treated like a customer by beauty counter ladies are when I'm dressed super professionally, which only happens about once a month when I'm attending a project meeting for my internship and of course by the time the meeting is over all I really want to do is go home and let my brain recover. Most of the time I'm in more casual clothes because I've just gotten out of class/the gym, and let's be real, it's a lot easier slipping out of some shorts and a t-shirt in the dressing room than it is a buttondown shirt and pencil skirt. It doesn't help that I'm constantly mistaken for being younger than my 14 year old cousin either. She's a freshman in HS and I'm starting grad school, yet people think she's my older sister. I'm not sure what's worse though, the patronizing counter ladies who think you're a shoplifter or not worth their time, or the crazed mall vendors with the little booths in the middle of the walkways that chase after you and sometimes shout borderline inappropriate comments. I had one guy selling curling irons chase me down the length of the mall while screaming that I was beautiful. Almost as uncomfortable as getting hit on by men old enough to be my grandfather at the Black Sabbath show my friend and I just went to. This is probably why I do most of my shopping online LOL.

Super excited to see that they had paypal as an option to pay! I used my Bill me later option and now I can pay it off monthly, although I will pay it off in 6 mos so as not to incur the interest. Woot!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Super excited to see that they had paypal as an option to pay! I used my Bill me later option and now I can pay it off monthly, although I will pay it off in 6 mos so as not to incur the interest. Woot!
I missed that, great option!

Lord help me, I subbed.  First I made Sephora Rouge and now this... But, I read reviews about the black eyeliner that is supposed to be in the first box, and that helped. My black liquid liner is due to be tossed, plus everyone says it'll change your life.  I also like that the value on the first box is a good chunk of the total cost.

Sharing the contents of the first box closed the deal for me.  Well played Le Metier de Beaute.  Now I'm hoping it isn't too bad of a bait and switch, but given their price point - I don't see how I can lose.

I'm wondering if they'll reopen this sub closer to Christmas at a higher price point? I'm sure a good portion of early subscribers are bloggers who will get the word out and drive interest in the brand and their vault. It would be interesting to me to learn the demographics of people who paid for this: beauty junkies who like deals (me!), bloggers, loyal fans, or ?.

Almost everything I purchase now a days is discounted, via subscriptions, or clearance.  For example, I'm a UD junkie so I typically wait for UD sales. (Although if I love something I may purchase.)  But my UD brow box is running low, but I know they discontinued the old version recently.  I'll wait until it's available on HauteLook (maybe Tuesday!) or on the sale site - because eventually it will be on sale. Same with Smashbox: I order during sales or when it's my birthday for the gift - and if I order, it's always on "Let's Do Lunch!". I rarely order from Birchbox without a 20% off code...etc. Sephora definitely sells me the most full price shizz, but I usually wait for a good promo code and perks I covet.

But now, I am committed to dropping Glossybox when the 3 month sub I purchased with the 20% off promo expires (+ the free box I'll get with Glossydots).  LMdB is my new Glossybox for 2013/2014.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, I tried to resist this subscription, and even posted twice in this thread saying that I'm not going to subscribe... but yeahhhh... I have zero self control.
Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What she said
smile.gif
Originally Posted by reepy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I too posted that I'm not going to subscribe and while I haven't yet, I'm really waivering. 
Wow, as with many others this is an unexpected temptation!  I've only ever heard of this brand previously via a single glossybox packet, but I find myself very intrigued and very close to clicking the 'check out' button!

While mystery boxes such as ipsy, birchbox, glossybox, etc are fun, the idea of receiving items from a single, high-quality skin & cosmetics company is potentially awesome.  I love the thought that they could plan out and curate products over the course of a year, so as to receive a variety of products and shades and to really build a core collection of good, full-sized, usable items. Though I'm NOT a huge makeup wearer, so I'm a bit concerned about spending $350 in one fell swoop, but if I think of it as an investment and commit to trying each product and teaching myself to use it properly (for example, liquid eyeliner is a little scary)...  This has the feel of a grown-up subscription and I'm at an age when I'm plenty grown up!   ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think I'm going to sleep on it - we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Other LMdB items I've been wanting to try out are their cream blushes and eye mask.  Crossing my fingers
smile.gif
Oh yes, and yes again.  That eye mask, especially, would be a dream to sample!

Originally Posted by wonderings /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh yes, and yes again.  That eye mask, especially, would be a dream to sample!
I believe that they have stated that they are only sending out full-sized products!  I'm not sure whether this means that we can expect to not see any skincare or whether we may very well get a skincare item that would blow the box's value out of the water.  I would be very surprised if they did not eventually include a cream blush because this is the sort of subscription where companies would be well-served to send out at least one of each kind of product: cream tint, powder blush, eye shadow, each kind of mascara, pencil eye liner, liquid liner, nail polish, etc.  It's almost like a luxury Starlooks, after all, and I'm sure Starlooks sold a *lot* of Diamondliners after they included those in boxes and people realized that, hey, sparkly metallic eyeliner isn't so freaky-scary and hard-to-use after all.  I know they sold three or four to me after the January box!  

As for specific products, in addition to the Creme Fresh Tints, I'm really curious about their lip glosses.  And that Magic Lustre Creme.  And the loose translucent powder.  And and and!  But I'm most excited about getting to try things before they're launched to the general public.  See: my aforementioned snobbery.  Among my friends and coworkers, I'm the early adopter when it comes to makeup.  I had one coworker try to tell me about this BRAND NEW nail polish subscription she had just heard about.  It was Julep.  Which I subscribed to on the very first day it launched two years ago.

Also, did anyone else notice that they mentioned on Facebook that they have a special bonus item that will be in one subscriber's box?  I think I would throw up from far too much unprocessable joy if this showed up in mine.

This should make you all even happier you signed up for this!

(and help those who are on the fence, hop on or off:))

Found this posting on their FB...

"the VIP program is a one time annual fee with sign up occurring in July. After 7/31/13, it will not be available again until 7/1/14. It is not a monthly subscription program. The program was developed to allow us to reward our loyal fans and clients. By making it a 12 month commitment we can properly plan and delight everyone."

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This should make you all even happier you signed up for this!

(and help those who are on the fence, hop on or off:))

Found this posting on their FB...

"the VIP program is a one time annual fee with sign up occurring in July. After 7/31/13, it will not be available again until 7/1/14. It is not a monthly subscription program. The program was developed to allow us to reward our loyal fans and clients. By making it a 12 month commitment we can properly plan and delight everyone."
I like this approach and think it will help with making it a quality program.  So many of the subscription boxes didn't plan well and kept taking on subscribers, with predictable results and lots of unhappy people. 

I wish I could afford this but I truly cannot! I've never tried an LMDB products but Temptalia has given a ton of reviews on the brand and I've always been intrigued. I don't think any of you will be disappointed!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whoo! I dragged two more people on my perfume forum down with us!
Too bad they don't have a referral program...or do they?

I think the only thing holding me back is that payday is the 1st and I literally do not have anywhere near $350 in my bank account at the moment.  Ah, but next year I will plan ahead
smile.gif

I think the only thing holding me back is that payday is the 1st and I literally do not have anywhere near $350 in my bank account at the moment.  Ah, but next year I will plan ahead :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
If you have PayPal you can try using the bill me later option. This is the ideal situation to use it. Gives you 6 months interest free to pay it off.

This sub sounds amazing! However, I'm getting a bit burned out with all the items that I've received from subscription boxes (and haven't used). So, I'm going to creep on this thread and stalk all the gorgeous LMDB items that you get in the coming year! 
15.gif

It's done. I jumped on it.

I figured it's the same price as getting Ipsy and GB.  I gave up on Ipsy a few months ago and I don't miss it.  I'm going to use up my dots for 2 more GBs that I'm due and call them quits unless some crazy curated box comes along.  I've got too much random sample/makeup junk piling up, and I'm blaming this LMdB expedition on a very recent experience with a Tom Ford lipstick and a Giorgio Armani blush that left me swooning.  It's fun to get a bunch of random stuff especially when you're newer to makeup, but it's even nicer to have some products you truly love and treasure.

The first set sounds amazing, but I'm slightly nervous about the "one item" situation cropping up later.  Although I bet each month will be close to what is going on down here that are in the $80 or less range:

http://www.lemetierdebeaute.com/collections/shop-the-vault

I can see 4 nail polishes for one month, and then a blush/bronzer set, etc.

We'll see, and I'm glad to have a forum to chat about it!!!

Let's just hope they don't use newgistics or other slow boat service to ship.  >_>

I'm on board also... thought I could resist the temptation, but couldn't resist the value in the first month's box. I'm normally would not have signed up for an entire year after the disappoint that Seasonsbox turned out to be. Hope the quality stays consistent throughout the 12 months and it's not a downward trend after the first kickoff month.

Back