Lip Factory August 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's weird, because I got my tracking info e-mail from Lip Factory on 8/9. Check your SPAM folder, maybe?

Hmm....I was watching to see what you guys got this month to decide if I want to resub...and I think I'm going to pass. Last month I liked things but not enough to justify the price, and this month I'm not really interested in any of that. Oh well, my wallet will be happier. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

To answer ohdahlia's question
Is the shimmer stack designed for a certain skintone? I can't tell if it's meant to be highlighter or what. I am not thrilled with eyelashes. They seem to be coming from all sides this summer. It doesn't appear to be for a certain skin tone. It says its an illuminating powder to highlight & define. Instructions for use say to sweep a large brush over the palette to create shimmering illumination along the cheekbones to highlight, contour & define. I think I will probably just use mine as eye highlighter, I'm not into shimmery on the face or cheekbone. But the colors are pretty & the actual compact is super cute.

Thank you! If you don't mind sharing, how are you formatting your spoiler tags? I can't seem to get them right, and I have to resort to white text. I'm sure I am missing something obvious.

Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you! If you don't mind sharing, how are you formatting your spoiler tags? I can't seem to get them right, and I have to resort to white text. I'm sure I am missing something obvious.
On the tool bar, two to the right of the smiley, is a black balloon.  Click that to make the spoiler format.

Spoiler content only visible on click ( <- I wrote that in here...)

Originally Posted by ohdahlia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Click on the black word bubble and type what you want in the spoiler. Alternately, you can type out your post then highlight what you want in a spoiler then click on it.

Got my box today too! 

I received:

Sweetpea & Fay in Imogen, a very bright medium pink

Makeup remover Towel

Colour U Lipstick in Skinny Dip (medium brown-berry nude)

Me Me Me Illuminating stack in Gold

Nyx Wonder Pencil in Light

Red Cherry Lashes in Black

I'm really happy with this box. Despite a huge makeup collection, I don't have anything like some of these items. 

Torn.......... overall, I love Lip Factory but it just seems like the colors are always just way too dark for me. I'm determined that I'm going to try to hold on and keep working it into my tight budget until the "all lip box" but then again, drats....... eyelashes! I'm in my mid 40s and I've never used them but you can't please everyone and I suppose that there are members who do like and use them. Just seems like it's a pretty drab month concerning my subs and I'm so stressed right now that I could have used anything but drab!

Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Torn.......... overall, I love Lip Factory but it just seems like the colors are always just way too dark for me. I'm determined that I'm going to try to hold on and keep working it into my tight budget until the "all lip box" but then again, drats....... eyelashes! I'm in my mid 40s and I've never used them but you can't please everyone and I suppose that there are members who do like and use them. Just seems like it's a pretty drab month concerning my subs and I'm so stressed right now that I could have used anything but drab!
I can appreciate that. I'm 40, but I'm going to use the lashes tonight, I think. I'm going to an Amanda Palmer house party tonight, so I need to look glam!

I am looking at the products and they are lower value items. I have the makeup wipes; they were free from this new company. The lashes are about $2. If I am looking at the shimmer set correctly, it cost about $10. I am not able to find the lipstick. I am new as I stated early, can anyone tell me what the boxes usually average.

Originally Posted by Dayo Steph /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can appreciate that. I'm 40, but I'm going to use the lashes tonight, I think. I'm going to an Amanda Palmer house party tonight, so I need to look glam!
Wtg on using up the items that you get... I bet you'll look great! As for me, the older I get the more that I notice that I just don't have the patience to read directions and when I do try, it takes reading them several times before they comprehend.... My luck would be that I'd end up with one eyelash stuck to my forehead while the other is hanging off of my chin, lol!!!

Originally Posted by beach16sm /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just seems like it's a pretty drab month concerning my subs and I'm so stressed right now that I could have used anything but drab!
I can agree with that. All my subs (except Bondi) appear to be less than their normal quality level. *Sigh*  August is always a funky month.

Here's hoping/waiting for September. Back to school themes will rage and hopefully all of our subs will step it up even more.

Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am looking at the products and they are lower value items.
The shimmer stack is priced in pounds, so it's more like 15 or 16 bucks USD.
Have you been checking blogger reviews for average box price? It seems like they usually tend toward higher overall value, but fewer high-price items. As far as I can tell, the total product count seems low this month (as opposed to previous reviews). I'm hoping we'll get a few more pictures so we can compare.

**Anyone else who has a box and wants to share -- I'd love to see them!

Just received my box today.  Sorry for the lack of personal pics.

White Towel Makeup Remover 
Red Cherry Natural Lashes (never worn falsies so I'm not sure what to do with these although I suppose I could give them a try)

Shimmer Stack - Gold (pic from their website)
shimmer_stack_gold_web_large_1.jpg

Sweetpea & Fay - Merry Widow (pic taken from amazon)
41WOBktVjIL._SS40_.jpg

NYX Wonder Pencil - Light
ColourU Matte Lipstick - color unknown because the sticker on the bottom is ripped off... but from their website, it might be matte cinnamon.

Overall I am okay with the box, regardless of the lipstick name - I like the color.  The Lip Joule scares the bejeezus out of me but I'll have to swatch it before I can pass judgement.  Same goes for the NYX Pencil as well since I am more of a medium skin tone.

I still haven't received my shipping notice. I think I will just email or call them. I did see on Facebook that they said some of the emails bounced back. Sooo...

I just joined Lip Factory on the 8th and haven't received a shipping notice either, I just figured I would be one of the last ones they ship.  Let me know what they tell you. I joined the ipsy wait list and Wantable at the same time and got the Wantable box today.

Me either, and I joined 7/31. They're shipping through 8-14, so I'll worry if I haven't gotten a notice by then.

My SweetPea and Fay is quite red. Color is Paper Cut. The ColorU lipstick may work. NYX is too dark (I'd need Light but got Medium). I have no use for the lashes and I prefer not to use makeup made in China.
Second bust in a row for me with LipFactory. I hung in hoping for an All Lips box, but it's too much to get mostly stuff I won't use until November. I will say this though. Their Customer Service is friendly and good. They've already done the cancellation. Enjoy your future boxes.

Latest posts

Back