Little Black Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had some things I never thought I'd get rid of. Sometimes I had to trade down and then trade back up or just give it a few days and someone with awful taste will love it and offer you something better
biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ended up getting a bag anyway haha. There's a clutch I think I could end up really liking...let's hope the trading goes well because one of my items is horrendous and no one is trading me anything that's the same value as it!

One thing I have to remind myself:  You might have to bundle something you kind of like with the thing you really don't like and then settle for a lower value than the combined items.  That's actually what I ended up doing, although my items weren't *horrible*.  One of them was just useless to me since it was a candle, and I have *extremely* curious kittens.  I've been through the candle+kitten combo before. The stench of singed whiskers is to be avoided.  The other was a set of coffee mugs that a lot of people kept trying to swap me for (except nothing on offer was anything I wanted), and I did kind of want them so I could take them to work since there's always someone in the office looking for one, but then I ended up offering both of those up together for swap because I really wanted a body oil, and someone went for it.  If I looked at the dollar value, I lost money.  If I look at the fact that I wouldn't be using those two things that I swapped away, I ended up fine.

As far as not swapping higher-dollar items, it's probably because those people picked those high-dollar items as their definitely-going-to-get-it item.  I know I got a *ton* of offers for the purse I chose, but I fell in love with that purse, and there was no way I was giving it up for *anything* that they currently have.

Thanks for the tips! Luckily everything I KIND of wanted ended up being traded with me...now it's just a matter of whether something even better shows up!

Ha! I'm one of those weirdos who like the candles. I like my little candle with the deer head on it that I traded a superfluous eyeshadow brush for.

And my teal watch and gorjana necklace are awesome. So happy I have a cute watch bc my phone keeps dying when I'm at work for a long day.

I actually REALLY want that watch!! But my wrist is SUPER small...it runs in the family, we all have small wrists for some reason. Do you think the watch would fit me? If you don't mind could you measure how long it is to the first notch? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm debating trading two of my 3 items for it..that's how much I like it! I just want to make sure it will fit!

It was a lot of flippin' trading and for more expensive items people can offer you 2 or more items. I now know for next time the first few days always trade up, even if you don't like the item because the last few days it's much easier to trade down for something you love.

What a great bag!  I need to screenshot mine.  I did finally track all my trades this round.  I'm mostly happy with my bag. No big ticket items but I have a bracelet that I LOVE.

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What a great bag!  I need to screenshot mine.  I did finally track all my trades this round.  I'm mostly happy with my bag. No big ticket items but I have a bracelet that I LOVE.

Really, as long as you got something you love and you didn't spend more than you would have at the store then you came out ahead
wink.gif
Next time I really should track my trades but some of them just happened so fast lol

Nevermind, I found where it kept track of my trades.

Edit: Well, most of my trades. That's weird.

Yay! I've already traded up two of my items today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I traded a bracelet that I was interested in for another one I was even more interested in...and I traded up the Cargo blush stick for the eye duo!

There's a bracelet and a necklace I really want i'm hoping to get...but if I end up with what I have then i'm fine too. Everyone wants my clutch though!

Clearly i'm way too addicted to this haha

Also, I noticed that some people have a TON. This one girl has 12 items...and they're all pretty good values. How does that happen?!

People sometimes trade multiples to get things they really want. People were trying to trade me 3-5 items when I had my military satchel.

Also, I noticed that some people have a TON. This one girl has 12 items...and they're all pretty good values. How does that happen?!

Also when someone you refer joins you get an extra item up to $25. I'm a loner so I never get those referral deals lmao

Wow, great tips and what a great box you'll have coming in the mail to you, tweakabell. 
icon_eek.gif
 LBB is SO addicting! When I first signed up, I was going to skip next month, but I don't think I want to at this point. It's been hard to not open up another bag! I'm still so thrilled with what I got last time. 
lovelovee.gif

I actually REALLY want that watch!! But my wrist is SUPER small...it runs in the family, we all have small wrists for some reason. Do you think the watch would fit me? If you don't mind could you measure how long it is to the first notch? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm debating trading two of my 3 items for it..that's how much I like it! I just want to make sure it will fit!

I have really small wrists too--I wear it on the smallest notch and it's a bit loose but still wearable. I'm guessing it's around 6" at the smallest notch? It's really cute on, like a Swatch.

I was just on the site and it looks like they got a ton of new items today! Ive been a member for a lil bit now, and it looks like they get new stuff in every Monday...

Thanks! I may trade two of my items for it then, if I can't get any better trades for each individual item by the end of the week.

Originally Posted by nicepenguins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have really small wrists too--I wear it on the smallest notch and it's a bit loose but still wearable. I'm guessing it's around 6" at the smallest notch? It's really cute on, like a Swatch.

Back