Lost Season 3 (contains spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif Here ya go!
Link

I just caught the very tail end of that the other night so thanks for posting! LOL

WHOOO HOOO! I am so glad that Lost is back. 16 episodes with no repeats. I am so psyched! Who is excited for Lost?

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif WHOOO HOOO! I am so glad that Lost is back. 16 episodes with no repeats. I am so psyched! Who is excited for Lost? Oh, I AM!!!!! lol. Can't wait!!!!
laughing.gif

Is it sad to be this excited about a tv show? lol.

I'm soooo excited! And I just can't hide it!

I'm going to a sneak preview of Norbit tonight so i'll be recording tonight's episode and cannot wait to watch it!
rockwoot.gif

Originally Posted by Marisol /img/forum/go_quote.gif So did anyone watch it? Did you see the special before it? I watched both, and they were pretty good.
The special was great because the producers explained what the characters were feeling about each other. I got all excited when they said that int the love triangle Kate really loves Jack but wants Sawyer because he's the personality type that she knows. (Obviously, I'm a Kate and Jack fan.)

The episode was all over the place. Kate's telling Jack that she won't leave him. Sawyer's giving her the WTF look. Juliette is apparently a prisoner on the island even though it seemed like she was one of the people in charge. And then Ben has been raising Alex as his daughter? Why did they keep the name the French-Lady gave her?

Oh, and I know they cut the walkie talkie before the guy could finish his sentence, but it sounded like they were referring to Juliette as Alex's mother. Did anyone else catch that or am I just looking for conspiracy theories?

oh boy, I have it recorded, may be I'll watch it tonight. I'm so excited Lost is back!

I must be the only person in the world who doesn't watch Lost or Gray's Anatomy. So, in terms of pop culture, I'm pretty "lost" myself, lol.

It was a great episode! I was so excited to see a flashback on Juliet. Now we have an idea of how she joined Dharma. I can't believe Ben is Alex's father! Oh, I can't wait till next week.

Originally Posted by Amandine /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, and I know they cut the walkie talkie before the guy could finish his sentence, but it sounded like they were referring to Juliette as Alex's mother. Did anyone else catch that or am I just looking for conspiracy theories? I didn't catch that at all -- does anyone else remember what they were saying there?
I half-way watched the special beforehand, while surfing the Internet
wink.gif
It mostly just summarized everything I already knew so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention ...

One of my coworkers pointed out that Ben might not be Alex's father -- the way they used the words "Ben" and "your father" when talking to Alex *might* have been referring to two different people. I don't remember all of the exact wording myself, though -- my first impression was that Ben was her father, so maybe my coworker is also looking for conspiracy theories
wink.gif
I have one coworker who is obsessed with Lost, and during the hiatus this season, he successfully convinced two other coworkers to watch all the old episodes on DVD/abc.com and they are now watching the new ones with us, so I have a feeling our Thursday lunch conversations are going to be primarily about Lost
wink.gif

I am interested to see what will happen with Carl when he joins the other Losties...

Hmm... I think I interpreted the "Ben being Alex's dad" differently then everyone else did.

I thought Danielle and her husband had Alex, the Others took Alex away, and Ben's been raising Alex as his child. I don't think he's biologically her father.

I also think something about the island is sterilizing the others. That's why the 20 something year old uterus looked 60 something years old. I think that's also why they're stealing children/babies. Because they can't have their own.

Just a thought

Originally Posted by Amandine /img/forum/go_quote.gif Hmm... I think I interpreted the "Ben being Alex's dad" differently then everyone else did.
I thought Danielle and her husband had Alex, the Others took Alex away, and Ben's been raising Alex as his child. I don't think he's biologically her father.

Yes, this was my exact interpretation, too!

Quote:
I also think something about the island is sterilizing the others. That's why the 2something year old uterus looked 60 something years old. I think that's also why they're stealing children/babies. Because they can't have their own.
Just a thought

Good thought!

Ok, I didn't see this posted anywhere else, so I thought I'd share it here. This is all sorts of information that I've found from "The LOST Experience."

I'm posting this as a spoiler because it is information on the history of the island, the Hanso Foundation (and the Dharma Initiative), as well as the meaning of the numbers. So if you don't want to know, please don't click!

Here are the videos from Rachel Blake (investigating corruption in the Hanso Foundation) I think they're in the right order, but I might be off:

Here is the original orientation video (the one for the "Swan" and the other hatch were apparently fakes...part of the experiments?) and Rachel Blake's last video from Sri Lanka:

And here is a video fully explaining "The LOST Experience" if you don't get it:

The Lost Experience was great! I watched it over the summer!

Okay, this is sort of but not really a spoiler since it's about the last episode, so just in case *****SPOILER WARNING*****

I listen to a lot of Lost podcasts, and one of them talked about the scene where Karl is watching the creepy brainwash video in room 23. Someone thought to play it backwards, and when you listen to the audio, it says "only fools are enslaved by time and space" Here's the link, it's really creepy Lost Easter Eggs: Only fools are enslaved by time and space

This really adds on to my theory that a lot of the whole theme to Lost has to do with time travel. Another interesting thing that someone pointed out was that the book that Aldo (the guy guarding the place where Karl was in) was reading was called "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking. This book is supposed to be about time travel and warpholes.

One last thing in reference to time- the company that was trying to recruit Juliet was called Mittelos... if you scramble the words around, it comes out to "time lost" or "lost time".

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif That audio is REALLY cool! Thanks!
smile.gif
Your welcome! I'm glad you liked it!

I was looking for this thread. Todays ep was really good because alot of it wasnt on the island.

Back