Love With Food - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine came Priority Mail, as well.  I agree that the samples are small for the price, BUT at the same time, the food items are generally fairly pricy and I probably wouldn't buy any of them unless I had a sample first and was sure I liked them, so it does have value to me.  Just not sure if I can afford to keep it at this time. I might keep it for one more box at least and see. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

yeah I've actually been thinking the same thing over the last couple of hours...especially cuz I LOVE the items. I've had almost all of them haha (stupid break ups and not eating actual dinners...and only craving snacks). Depending on what subs I keep for next month I may keep this another month, I have a feeling i'll only have Blissmo and Birchbox by the time April 1st hits haha (I started with 6...) so maybe i'll keep this one.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine came Priority Mail, as well.  I agree that the samples are small for the price, BUT at the same time, the food items are generally fairly pricy and I probably wouldn't buy any of them unless I had a sample first and was sure I liked them, so it does have value to me.  Just not sure if I can afford to keep it at this time. I might keep it for one more box at least and see. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL, I feel ya - I was goofing off on here too long before work to pack my lunch, so I just took my box with me and snacked on it on my lunch break...I haven't tried the flax things yet (plan to mix them into yogurt) but everything else was GOOD. I especially loved the turkey jerky and the apple chip things, mmmm.

I have 6 subs right now, and by the end of this month I think I'll just have Birchbox, Sample Society, and maybe this one.  I don't splurge a lot when it comes to food, so I think this box is a nice little treat for me to try new things.

Quote:  Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

yeah I've actually been thinking the same thing over the last couple of hours...especially cuz I LOVE the items. I've had almost all of them haha (stupid break ups and not eating actual dinners...and only craving snacks). Depending on what subs I keep for next month I may keep this another month, I have a feeling i'll only have Blissmo and Birchbox by the time April 1st hits haha (I started with 6...) so maybe i'll keep this one.

Mine came yesterday as well and, personally, I love it!  I think it's totally worth $14--between the 11 samples (most very small, but still) and the donating a meal for every box--I'm totally keeping this one.  Plus, I love the small sizes--they fit perfectly in my purse for a quick snack while I'm at the office or running errands.  Won't replace a meal but could definitely tide me over for a while. Plus, while the makeup boxes sometimes (or often, depending on the subscription) disappoint, it's hard to be disappointed in food.

If you're on the fence about subscribing I totally recommended giving it a try--especially with that "free first month" code that's flying around out there.

I'm eating the apple chips right now,  and they are super yummy. I'm actually debating keeping it as I dig through the food. 

My husband actually really liked the box & wants to keep it.

I like everything in it. I was thinking of buying the bars but holy moly! Have you seen how expensive they are?

They don't have the apple chips for sale
icon_sad.gif

this is exactly how I feel! That's why I signed up for blissmo box too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Plus, while the makeup boxes sometimes (or often, depending on the subscription) disappoint, it's hard to be disappointed in food.

Do we have to give our credit card number? I wish i don't have to give any credit card information first

Originally Posted by steph28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do we have to give our credit card number? I wish i don't have to give any credit card information first

Yes, because its a subscription after the free box it will automatically renew if you don't cancel.

I was looking forward to this and it isn't bad, but they need to have an option to specify a vegetarian option if they're going to run a food-only service.

For those of you guys who liked this one, Conscious Box is a TON better.

Conscious Box isn't just a food box though, and it's natural, NOT gourmet, and with shipping it's nearly 20 bucks.  Not really comparable, they're entirely different beasts.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was looking forward to this and it isn't bad, but they need to have an option to specify a vegetarian option if they're going to run a food-only service.

I agree. I love Conscious Box.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes, because its a subscription after the free box it will automatically renew if you don't cancel.
Thanks! lol it's just sometimes I feel insecure to put my information online..

Originally Posted by steph28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks! lol it's just sometimes I feel insecure to put my information online..

Sure, but if it says https:// it should be secure! 

In Conscious Box, most of the products I have received are natural and gourmet. Actually, I've received more food products in each Conscious Box than I received in this box. Add in the extra items, and even with the shipping it's still more cost-effective. The other nice thing about Conscious Box is that most of the samples are actually full-size instead of one-bite samples, like many of these were. :

Conscious Box isn't just a food box though, and it's natural, NOT gourmet, and with shipping it's nearly 20 bucks.  Not really comparable, they're entirely different beasts.

In Conscious Box, most of the products I have received are natural and gourmet. Actually, I've received more food products in each Conscious Box than I received in this box. Add in the extra items, and even with the shipping it's still more cost-effective. The other nice thing about Conscious Box is that most of the samples are actually full-size instead of one-bite samples, like many of these were. :

Ohh Conscious box looks nice, after watching some reviews on youtube. A good mix between blissmobox and love with food and since I'm cancelling blissmo and lovewithfood, its cheaper than both combined. hmmmmm.

I bought this for mu husband. I did the free month + 3 month gift subscription. He loved it!

Why don't they sell the apple chips?

My husband really liked the fig bars too. I might buy them. I like that they are whole wheat.

Originally Posted by Souly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My husband actually really liked the box & wants to keep it.

I like everything in it. I was thinking of buying the bars but holy moly! Have you seen how expensive they are?

They don't have the apple chips for sale
icon_sad.gif

Back