Love With Food - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the little chocolate samples, I didn't like the mocha one much either but the pina colada one was okay?  I liked the chai ones, but then again, I like chai.  I smelled/tasted the oil and vinegar and I think they're really nice - the oil is lemony and would be awesome on a salad, some asparagus or other veggies, or fish.  The vinegar will be used on salad for me.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol! I think that's all I am gonna use. The oils I was kinda like...ehhh. But the bottles are cute and I am trying to cook different things. The pretzels will obviously be eaten. Some of the eggs were smushed by the oils. I HATE chai anything. I ate a midnight mocha chocolate thing and seriously almost threw up...tasted like vomit. And I'll eat the grahams. It's not a complete fail for a penny but from what I saw, this months box isn't as good as last months.

I received my free Love with Food box today. Other than a smushed chocolate egg, I was very happy with it. I wouldn't get this sub regularly, because I would rather spend that money on beauty subs. But it was fun to receive one that I can share with hubby and my brother. I was most excited about the oil and vinegar, because they will last a long time and can be used for hot or cold food. I'm guessing the raspberry basil vinegar would be good for dressing a salad.

I got my box today, I also really liked it. I don't think I'll keep this one, but I would definitely consider ordering more as one-offs in the future. 

Hubby devoured the Ferro eggs in my box. I only got one! 
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif

LOOOOVED the pretzel, yes, only pretzel, not pretzels, as I managed to get just the one (dark chocolate, yum) before he stole the other one. LOL! Gonna try out the tea tonight, and I haven't tried those other chocolate things 'cause now I'm scared after reading some of the earlier reviews. hahahahahaha!

The Annie's bunny grahams were super yummy! Gonna buy more of those ASAP, though I only got about 1/4 of the package... one guess why... 
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hubby devoured the Ferro eggs in my box. I only got one! 
icon_eek.gif
icon_lol.gif

LOOOOVED the pretzel, yes, only pretzel, not pretzels, as I managed to get just the one (dark chocolate, yum) before he stole the other one. LOL! Gonna try out the tea tonight, and I haven't tried those other chocolate things 'cause now I'm scared after reading some of the earlier reviews. hahahahahaha!

The Annie's bunny grahams were super yummy! Gonna buy more of those ASAP, though I only got about 1/4 of the package... one guess why... 
icon_lol.gif
LOL, the other chocolate things aren't bad, especially if you like chai! It's just that the mocha one is really, really dark chocolate, and I'm more of a milk chocolate person.  The pretzel things were amaaaaaazing!

i liked the tea chocolates! i like chocolates with lavender or chili in them, though, and those are both pretty strong.

I used the oil and vinegar on a pasta and veggie salad yesterday and it was phenom.  I adore this box...especially compared to the chocolate box I got from blissmo, in which most of the chocolates tasted appalling.  I do wish they'd sent some recipes with the lemon oil and rasberry vinegar--I went on the maker's website and they have some, but most of them are a little high-class for me.

I got April's box using the free code and I was just going to get the one box, but I think I'll keep this one for a couple more months.  I loved the Olive Oil and Vinegar, the tea smells fantastic, and I loved the chocolate pretzels.  They were divine!  My kids loved the bunny grahams, and my husband liked the Ferrero Eggs.  So, it was a winner for us all the way around.  I also was reading on their facebook page and they commented on somebody's post that they will be sending vanilla bean caramel in the May boxes.  Yum!

Originally Posted by MissMonica /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used the oil and vinegar on a pasta and veggie salad yesterday and it was phenom.  I adore this box...especially compared to the chocolate box I got from blissmo, in which most of the chocolates tasted appalling.  I do wish they'd sent some recipes with the lemon oil and rasberry vinegar--I went on the maker's website and they have some, but most of them are a little high-class for me.

I've tasted them on my finger, but haven't used them yet, and I'm SO ready to.  I think first I'll try them on some salad greens with some dried berries.  And I bet that lemon oil would be great with some asparagus and sea salt!

I was going to use the lemon oil to saute scallops for a nice meal for my husband and I on Friday.  I can't wait!

Ah, using the lemon oil on seafood--yall are ingenious!  Good call!  I didn't think about that.

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was thinking of using it on some salmon!

That is a great idea! I always forget to buy a lemon whenever I make fish.

Loved the chocolate eggs. I actually really enjoyed the green tea too. I gave the bunny graham crackers and the chocolate covered pretzels to people in my office since I don't eat gluten.  They all loved them. I got this box free as well. I'll keep it another month while I decide if I want this or Conscious Box. 

I tried some of the oil and vinegar today! I mixed a bit of each with a bit of sugar (just a bit to balance the sour) and sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, and put it on mixed salad greens. YUM.  Raspberry lemonade vinaigrette?

You ladies get me in trouble! Before I joined MUT I had 2 subs. Now I have 4 and just used the code for this one and am getting a 2nd Birchbox! Hehehe. Thanks for posting this, though, I'm excited to see what I get. Plus I LOVE to cook, so I hope I get something I've never tried and can experiment with.

My mom gets this box. : ) 

She's a chef and loves it! She's also subbed to Foodzie. (Foodzie needs a thread! Lol)

LWF changed the price to $10/month if you ladies were not aware.

I got LWF this month.  I enjoyed last months free box so much that I decided to keep it for another month.  I wasn't quite as impressed with this month's box, but it's just because of my own personal preference.  There was a goats milk vanilla bean caramel in it that I was so excited to try, but it the goats milk was overpowering and it wasn't very sweet.  Last month, I used everything in the box, but this month there are a couple that I'm not going to use.  I do think I'll stick with them for another couple of months though, especially since they dropped their price!

I got this months box...I don't know what to do with the caramel. The cookies were SO good. The popcorn was amazing...the almond butter ehh. The pecan log thing I'm giving to my mom. This months box was better than last

Back