Luxor Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I have it. I'm torn. I really like a few things, don't like a couple and I'm ambivalent with the rest. Here are the contents:

1. Robyn Rhodes adjustable ring and bracelet set. RV $169. I really like this. Simple, pretty and looks great on. I chose the gold and I'm happy.

2. Deepa Gurnani Irene headband in gold or silver.RV $62 I received the gold so maybe if you chose gold jewelry you'll get a gold headband? This is very pretty, I'm just not sure if I'll use it.

3. Rosè et Marius L'eau de mademoiselle rosè citrus eau de parfum. RV $75 Very elegant packaging, I'm enjoying the scent. Very fresh.

4. Bellapierre 9-stack of eyeshadows and travel brush set. RV $130 but let's be serious and subtract $100 from that because I see this brand at TJ Maxx. This was a big miss for me, does not feel lux at all. I think I'd be very happy overall with a different makeup product because I see these all over for very cheap and there is no way RV is that much! Just my opinion though.

5. Marie Belle New York chocolate samples, small box and bar. RV $21

I think I really like this box. Love the jewelry, perfume and I think I like the headband. Really don't like the bellapiere and im fine with the chocolate. I think everyone has gotten the same minus the gold/silver difference.

What does everyone think!??
I feel pretty much the same as you do. Though I have too much jewelry that looks like that (Gorjana has some gorgeous pieces like it). I do love it brand and item from France though!

Ok, I have it. I'm torn. I really like a few things, don't like a couple and I'm ambivalent with the rest. Here are the contents:

1. Robyn Rhodes adjustable ring and bracelet set. RV $169. I really like this. Simple, pretty and looks great on. I chose the gold and I'm happy.

2. Deepa Gurnani Irene headband in gold or silver.RV $62 I received the gold so maybe if you chose gold jewelry you'll get a gold headband? This is very pretty, I'm just not sure if I'll use it.

3. Rosè et Marius L'eau de mademoiselle rosè citrus eau de parfum. RV $75 Very elegant packaging, I'm enjoying the scent. Very fresh.

4. Bellapierre 9-stack of eyeshadows and travel brush set. RV $130 but let's be serious and subtract $100 from that because I see this brand at TJ Maxx. This was a big miss for me, does not feel lux at all. I think I'd be very happy overall with a different makeup product because I see these all over for very cheap and there is no way RV is that much! Just my opinion though.

5. Marie Belle New York chocolate samples, small box and bar. RV $21

I think I really like this box. Love the jewelry, perfume and I think I like the headband. Really don't like the bellapiere and im fine with the chocolate. I think everyone has gotten the same minus the gold/silver difference.

What does everyone think!??
  Got my box today too.  I love the bracelet and ring . I got the silver.  That's the only thing I like in the box to be honest.  The stackable eyeshadows are horrible . Very cheap and junky the brushes aren't much better.  The headband is kind not so pretty either.  I don't know where they get the prices from  . This is maybe $5 dollars to me.   The  eyeshadow powder tower also I would say the value would be maybe $15 dollars.  The perfume thing is lovely however I hate florals and it smells to floral for me.  I am happy though since I love the bracelet and  ring and that covers the cost of the box. I just wish I liked more stuff.

Received my box at 6pm in SoCal, so my chocolate was melted as it was 89 today. I got the gold and love the bracelet and ring! I could see wearing the headband maybe during the holidays. The perfume smells good, has a soapy scent to me. I could do without makeup. That and the brushes will go to my sister. Overall not my favorite Luxor Box, but I still love them.

I received my box yesterday. Had to " sleep on it" for a day.

Everything arrived in fine condition- hot as heck here but no melted chocolates.

I think this was mostly full of sale items or discontinued items, honestly. The chocolate expires in Jan. '16.

I saw headbands like this on Little Black Bag for $12 or as a free bonus item, and also got a much more substantial silver one with lots of tiny beading one in some company's jewelry Mystery Box once.

So I think that's a cheap piece.

Not so thrilled with Robyn Rhodes jewelry, but I guess I can't expect David Yurman or Tiffany sterling silver pieces in a $135 box.

I've gotten a huge box full of Bellapierre eyeshadows and mineral face makeup for like $40 before from Bellapierre's website sale, so I think those are wholesale and discount sale  items for Luxor to add as well.

Overall, IMO, this box is worth about $60 MAX if I was buying these items/ these types of items myself, except for the perfume. As far as I know, bottles of perfume are never discounted and I really like the scent. So, I'll use the fragrance and possibly wear the bracelet and maybe the ring. ( As an aside, the ring fits into the center of the bracelet as a mod spinner type thing- mine shipped that way- it's cute but I'm too old for cute. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ). 

IF regular Luxor boxes turn out to be this dim, I'm cancelling pretty quickly.

And can I just say how thrilled I am that I didn't order the Special Dec. box? I hate clutch purses so that was enough for me to walk away. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My November Luxor box has shipped, can't wait to see.  Supposed to be a very nice box, but depending on what is in it I may or may not cancel, I am locked in at the lowest rate.

I'm probably canceling after Nov. I only just started a subscription but bought the "most requested" box and didnt think it was anywhere close to what I paid. 

Received my shipping notice, hopefully will have it this week. I hope they stepped up from the Most Requested box.

What No Chocolate?  What is wrong with these sub boxes!!! It is holiday time, how about a nice bar no one would think to buy themselves, it could be eaten or gifted!!!!  One a different note, this box does not seem very Holidayish to me!!!

This is a nice box, but as usual with Luxor, I think I'd prefer the petit box. I'd love to see spoilers if anyone's getting it! 

My box came and I love it. I received the dove ornament and will use it next month. The bowl is really nice and I'm happy to have another Mary Jurek piece to go with the box we received in July. The pouch is one of my favorite items, especially since it has the credit card slots and key ring. The first Luxor Box in May was just ok to me, but since July I have been very happy. I hope they keep this up and the December Special Edition is an improvement over the Most Requested box.

I love this box but really don't need another clutch so am hoping to sell for $150 including shipping.  If anyone is interested in buying, please let me know.  I will be picking it up tonight and could send it right back out.

Back