March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got these two, lol: 

211891_211891_690_7.jpg

and this: 

sparkler-missy.jpg

But the gold one was on clearance for $70 so how could I turn it down? lol. 

Yep, Nordstrom Rack should be called Nordstrom Crack. I've spent so much money there over the last few years. But they've got good deals. Last Chance is pretty awesome too, if you can find anything, but it's so dirty.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I once spent $500 on bras and undies at Nordstrom. I had been wearing the wrong size for a long time and when I finally got around to getting fitted, the size I wear is an obnoxious size (huge boobs, small rib cage) and Nordstrom is the only store I've been able to find bras that fit in person. At $60-$80 a piece, they add up! They last a ridiculous amount of time too. That took me a while to pay off, but Nordstrom was the first place to offer me a credit card.

lol, I dropped 500 dollars on dresses for work at nordstrom this month...I am taking 3 of them back though. Terrible! 

Do those hold a lot? They look light and I usually go for the give-me-scoliosis heavy bags.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got these two, lol: 

211891_211891_690_7.jpg

and this: 

sparkler-missy.jpg

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do those hold a lot? They look light and I usually go for the give-me-scoliosis heavy bags.

I HATE HATE big bags. They just make me carry around more stuff than I need. The pink one holds a surprising amount! lip gloss, chapstick, wallet, cell phone, car keys, and sun glasses all fit comfortable. I haven't used the gold one yet since its going to be my new going out bag. I really didn't need it lol, I have a gold michael kors clutch that I pretty much stole with the discount I had from working at macy's, but I wanted it soooo bad. 

CUTE!!!!!! I have a few bags that size, but my big ass phone take all the room. For me, that size works for parties or special occasions. On the daily, I like big bags. I can fit my tablet, planner, full-size wallet, camera, lotion and hard drive in my everyday bags. I have to admit my arm and shoulder gets a little painful if I'm carrying it all day long.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

CUTE!!!!!! I have a few bags that size, but my big ass phone take all the room. For me, that size works for parties or special occasions. On the daily, I like big bags. I can fit my tablet, planner, full-size wallet, camera, lotion and hard drive in my everyday bags. I have to admit my arm and shoulder gets a little painful if I'm carrying it all day long.

lol, for years I just carried a wristlet, but I was always breaking zippers once I got a smartphone and my house keys multiplied when I moved into a secured apartment complex. 

Tomorrow will be Day One, so I better enjoy today while it lasts, eh?

Bought a hair dryer (haven't owned one in years, and know I'll rarely use it, but there are occasions when one would be useful), a facial sauna (has the nasal cone as well as an exfoliating brush that I'll use on my body--already have one for my face. I'm hoping that the nasal cone will help the sinus issues I've been having), and subscribed to New Beauty Test Tube. I was surprised at how well I did at NOT buying stuff on my days off--maybe I can make it more than 15 days this time, eh?

(It really was weird to go into Ulta/Sally/etc and see lots of things that were cool, but nothing I wanted to pay for)

Even on a no buy, I still get some awesome stuff!

A full size bottle of Essie's Barefoot in Blue finally came in from a giveaway I entered weeks ago!

Pancua, that's awesome! It looks like such a pretty color, too. 

I'm already considering breaking my no-buy to get some more Revlon lip butters. I've had a crappy day, and I didn't get a Glossybox, so I've been grumpy and pouting lol. 

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pancua, that's awesome! It looks like such a pretty color, too. 

I'm already considering breaking my no-buy to get some more Revlon lip butters. I've had a crappy day, and I didn't get a Glossybox, so I've been grumpy and pouting lol. 
Girl, I hear you. I've been sick for 2 weeks and found out earlier this week that I have strep. I feel like crap and when I feel bad, I usually shop around online but I'm not letting myself do it this time.

I'm resisting too! I might go to the ice cream shop that's down the road and get myself a big ol' ice cream sundae for dinner and watch Doctor Who for the rest of the night, haha. 

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Girl, I hear you. I've been sick for 2 weeks and found out earlier this week that I have strep. I feel like crap and when I feel bad, I usually shop around online but I'm not letting myself do it this time.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Side note: Since I've started this makeup no-buy, I find myself buying other things that are a lot more expensive. Is anyone else experiencing this? lol... I'm definitely not saving any money...

YES! Since I've had my weight loss surgery I now wanna drop money on fancy designer vitamins and protein shots! stuff that costs way more than makeup!

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sparkler-missy.jpg

Love this! I can see why you broke your no buy! LOL

Even on a no buy, I still get some awesome stuff!

A full size bottle of Essie's Barefoot in Blue finally came in from a giveaway I entered weeks ago!

That is a gorgeous color!

I'm tempted right now by some of the Zoya polishes and Revlon lip butters,but I'm going to be strong! This thread should help a lot!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Love this! I can see why you broke your no buy! LOL

right?! I haven't even had a chance to carry it yet, lol, but I just like looking at it hanging on my purse rack.

hoping for a speedy recovery!

Back