March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have a bunch of the mineral elf eye shadow that I do not like. Maybe we can work out a trade? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

oohhh what colors!? I don't know what I have to trade, although I did put up a post in the sale thread I'd be happy to trade anything out of. 

I'm tempted to get the brush set, but off their website since I found a 50% off studio items code. Gaaaah. Must. Resist. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oohhh what colors!? I don't know what I have to trade, although I did put up a post in the sale thread I'd be happy to trade anything out of. 

e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Temptress (matte)  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Wild  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Sassy  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Socialite e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Earthy  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Elegant  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Golden  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Confident  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Caffeinated  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Celebrity    I'm also willing to send them on the promise of a future trade. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Temptress (matte)  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Wild  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Sassy  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Socialite e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Earthy  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Elegant  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Golden  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Confident  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Caffeinated  e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow - Celebrity    I'm also willing to send them on the promise of a future trade. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have several mascaras, eyeliners, eyeshadows...are you interested in a BH palette? I have two, and I'd be willing to part with either one of them. 88 tropical cool and 88 matte cool. 

I have several mascaras, eyeliners, eyeshadows...are you interested in a BH palette? I have two, and I'd be willing to part with either one of them. 88 tropical cool and 88 matte cool. 
So all the minerals for the matte palette?

Staying strong! I have barely used my CC on other purchases this month. Even avoided the Zoya 3 polish promo from GMA... but mostly because I had similar colors already. Woo hoo!

I got an email that MyGlam opened subscriptions back up and even though I was tempted, I resisted. I've decided I would much, much rather save that money for later so I can get something that I've actually been wanting or needing instead of getting a surprise bag of crap each month. 

..kind of since I ordered from Zoya today lol. 

icon_cry.gif

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got an email that MyGlam opened subscriptions back up and even though I was tempted, I resisted. I've decided I would much, much rather save that money for later so I can get something that I've actually been wanting or needing instead of getting a surprise bag of crap each month. 

I hate myself I just signed back up. lol wtf am I doing with my life. I NEED MORE BRUSHES FILLED WITH CHEMICALS.

Today I'm signing up with BB. I've been on the waiting list for almost a month. Since I've been waiting for this day, I'm not counting this again my no-buy.

Side note: Since I've started this makeup no-buy, I find myself buying other things that are a lot more expensive. Is anyone else experiencing this? lol... I'm definitely not saving any money...

I don't think I want anything else at the moment, so I'm back on my no-buy after eBay and today's Sephora trip. I only spent $30 between those two so it's not that bad, considering I usually buy on Sephora's website and always buy $50 worth of stuff to get free shipping.

Yes! I bought a necklace from Baublebar even though I don't need any more, since I hardly wear the ones I have now. It's a little skull, and his mandible moves so that's kinda cool, but at the same time I'm like, WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING?!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Today I'm signing up with BB. I've been on the waiting list for almost a month. Since I've been waiting for this day, I'm not counting this again my no-buy.

Side note: Since I've started this makeup no-buy, I find myself buying other things that are a lot more expensive. Is anyone else experiencing this? lol... I'm definitely not saving any money...

I thought I was alone!!! LOL. I bought over $200 worth of underwear at VS! WTH?????? How is that possible?? During my no-buy (which only included makeup), I have bought shoes, dresses, jeans and tops. I honestly think if I could of bought 2 bottles of nail polish and been happy. I think I'm starting to feel deprived so I'm spending my money elsewhere.

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yes! I bought a necklace from Baublebar even though I don't need any more, since I hardly wear the ones I have now. It's a little skull, and his mandible moves so that's kinda cool, but at the same time I'm like, WHAT THE HECK AM I DOING?!

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought I was alone!!! LOL. I bought over $200 worth of underwear at VS! WTH?????? How is that possible?? During my no-buy (which only included makeup), I have bought shoes, dresses, jeans and tops. I honestly think if I could of bought 2 bottles of nail polish and been happy. I think I'm starting to feel deprived so I'm spending my money elsewhere.

I have massively failed at my no buy and replaced the other cosmetic items I would have been buying with more expensive things. (Dropped 250 on a kate spade at lord and taylor completely randomly...I'd usually at least think about it first...) 

I think that I'm better off having 800 different mascaras. 

I once spent $500 on bras and undies at Nordstrom. I had been wearing the wrong size for a long time and when I finally got around to getting fitted, the size I wear is an obnoxious size (huge boobs, small rib cage) and Nordstrom is the only store I've been able to find bras that fit in person. At $60-$80 a piece, they add up! They last a ridiculous amount of time too. That took me a while to pay off, but Nordstrom was the first place to offer me a credit card.

thank goodness you saved me from getting that mar jacobs bag yesterday! i wanna see the kate spade bag :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have massively failed at my no buy and replaced the other cosmetic items I would have been buying with more expensive things. (Dropped 250 on a kate spade at lord and taylor completely randomly...I'd usually at least think about it first...) 

I think that I'm better off having 800 different mascaras. 

ahhh... nordstrom. the reason and cause of an overpriced empty wallet. lol. that place is dangerous, but i love it sooo much. they're all so nice and their return policy is amazing.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I once spent $500 on bras and undies at Nordstrom. I had been wearing the wrong size for a long time and when I finally got around to getting fitted, the size I wear is an obnoxious size (huge boobs, small rib cage) and Nordstrom is the only store I've been able to find bras that fit in person. At $60-$80 a piece, they add up! They last a ridiculous amount of time too. That took me a while to pay off, but Nordstrom was the first place to offer me a credit card.

Back