March 2012 No-Buy Support!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I was living on ASU's campus and that was where I always took the bus! Light rail was nice too, surprisingly, at least for what I needed! I could always get the bus to Tempe market place no problem, the free one that came around was best though...Orbit I think it was called.

I live in DC now and our metro is TERRIBLE. I mean it shows up, but its so inconsistent and there is always track work where they kick you out onto a bus. 

Don't even get me started on driving around ASU. I could have a panic attack or stroke. I think that's what hell is like.

Hahaha, I don't drive near ASU unless I'm headed to Buffalo Exchange or Zia. Sometimes Chompie's. Just too many (no offense to anyone here) half-drunk collegiate pedestrians for me (an admitted horrible driver) to feel like I'm being safe enough.

haha, well I was there for a summer intensive language program so I unfortunately didn't have much time to soak up the party scene what with 4 hours of classes a day and 4-6 hours of homework a day. I did however graduate from Michigan State..also a known party school, but I have heard ASU was way crazier than we were...I"m a giant nerd though so while I like to drink I never did any of the "exciting" party things lmao. 

I agree. Plus their roads are all tiny and the bikers and walkers like to hog the entire road. That, plus the short lights reeeeeeeeeally sucks. Fortunately my BF will be graduating in the fall and I've got years to go before I'm done with community college (there's a wait list of like 2-5 semesters right now for the nursing program and you can't sign up until you have your prerequisites done, which I won't until after summer) and even then ASU's BSN program is online.

I can't drink, and I'm well beyond your age group. Generally, I wind up at Yucca Tap or at Club Red, since Martini Ranch and all the other "Snottsdale" clubs are just NOT my scene :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's weird, I moved out here on a temporary basis (the goal is always gonna be LA), but it really doesn't suck once you've been out here a while. Kinda comfortable.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't drink, and I'm well beyond your age group. Generally, I wind up at Yucca Tap or at Club Red, since Martini Ranch and all the other "Snottsdale" clubs are just NOT my scene :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It's weird, I moved out here on a temporary basis (the goal is always gonna be LA), but it really doesn't suck once you've been out here a while. Kinda comfortable.

yeah I LOVED it there. I would love to move there, my allergies didn't bother me one bit and my rheumatoid arthitis actually seemed to improve, unfortunately most of the jobs in my field are here in DC, which I refer to as antisocial and grumpy regularly, lol. 

The only thing that TRULY sucks out here is that we don't get nearly enough gigs, ya know? Before I moved here, EVERY tour seemed to route through here, but now---not so much.

Heck, all this talk...I'm headed up to Chandler Fashion Center now. See what you gals did to me?

The only thing that TRULY sucks out here is that we don't get nearly enough gigs, ya know? Before I moved here, EVERY tour seemed to route through here, but now---not so much.

Heck, all this talk...I'm headed up to Chandler Fashion Center now. See what you gals did to me?

hahhhaha, woops! Chandler was a nice mall! I liked it better than the one in Scottsdale cause it was sooooo snotty. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hahhhaha, woops! Chandler was a nice mall! I liked it better than the one in Scottsdale cause it was sooooo snotty. 

Yeah, HATE SFC for that reason AND because it's just TOO big. Fiesta Mall (Mesa) is a ghost town these days, and AZ Mills....well, it's AZ Mills. So many strip malls out here, too.

The music scene here died, I'm pretty sure. 8-10 years ago I was going to at least 2 shows a week. Well, the real music scene anyway. I live about a mile from Axis/Radius and every weekend I can hear their radio music (I listen to the radio, but if it's one of the songs I've heard a million times I change it.. they play all of those songs) at night. Until like 3am. With their DJs screaming.

It is fun around Halloween to see all of the scantily clad women in "costumes" drunkenly stumbling around though.. until they start screwing up the already congested traffic.

Yeah, losing the Electric Ballroom and Mason Jar really killed live stuff out here. I still go to Yucca Tap Room and Club Red a lot--but even the "big" shows don't come here the way they did 7-8 years ago. It's weird.

And EW, A/R is (or was) owned by Jonathan Ornstein, my former boss.

Did you see in the news that there was a shooting at the Clubhouse recently? I used to go there all the time!

Oh, and GUESS WHO made it through Day 14! And that included going to Ulta, Ross, Sally, TJ Maxx, Chandler Mall, Nordstrom Last Chance, and Nordstrom Rack today.

Really pumped right now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So pumped, in fact, that I tried to submit a BeautyBar order....and got an Internal Server Error! Even the companies are encouraging me to No Buy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Oh, and GUESS WHO made it through Day 14! And that included going to Ulta, Ross, Sally, TJ Maxx, Chandler Mall, Nordstrom Last Chance, and Nordstrom Rack today.

Really pumped right now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So pumped, in fact, that I tried to submit a BeautyBar order....and got an Internal Server Error! Even the companies are encouraging me to No Buy :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yay you! Hang in there! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I can't believe its been 29 days for me so far. Granted, 12 of those days were spent in the middle of no where camping but still! I thought I was going to have a much harder time with this. If anything, I am going in the opposite direction, taking a look at my stash and trying to figure out what to cut out. The more I use my mineral eye shadows from elf, the more I don't really like them.  Good thing they were free!

I may see if I can swap with someone for some more NYX lip sticks. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm on day 4. Ever so slowly, more beauty crap is trickling out the door. Unfortunately, none of it has been makeup. :/

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tempted to get some of the mineral ELF stuff on hautelook, but trying to resist. 

I have a bunch of the mineral elf eye shadow that I do not like. Maybe we can work out a trade? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Latest posts

Back