Meow Flawless Feline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. I was going to stop sampling after Monave ... wow, that feels like such a long time ago. And here I am ordering MORE samples! Lauress, Milan, Luminesse, and the new Meow color.

I really need to stop reading these forums. Yeah, right. :whistling:

Hoozey - I added my thoughts on the LAURESS thread. In a nutshell - I love it!!!

Kind of thought you might. I would put it as my #2. I like the Lumiere FF because it seems to calm my dry skin and actually make it better but this one is beautiful too. I'd wear it all the time if I didn't have the spotty patch on my forehead- it's bad enough that my husband thought I may want to see a Dr. and even my 10 year old son has noticed it.

I haven't ordered it yet, but I read on their forums that they have a new shade coming soon - CHARTREUX which is a yellow/peach undertone. Since I am mixing Persian (peach) and Angora (yellow) right now, I am hoping that Chartreux will be a perfect match!

So lili which do you prefer now? Lumiere, Meow, or Lauress and why please. We appear to wear the same colors and I'd just like your feedback. Thanks

Thank you Lliita! I still haven't overcome my "fear" of choosing the right colors from Meow, so have been holding off. But maybe I'll give the new Chartreux a try when it's available. I'm still waiting on my Lauress samples to come!

I think my next Meow order is gonna be a Flawless Feline. Maybe I can mix it with a Purrrfect Puss, to get the exact color.

Lilita- your pic with Meow is your best FOTD IMO. You gave the final push for me to try some Meow samples!

Since we almost have the same skintone, just wondering: why didn't you try Meow's Abyssinian, isn't that yellow too? I'm getting their Chartreux colors as well. I was about to stop sampling when I saw your pics! You look really great~!

I just bought samples: FF Abyssinian Frisky and Naughty, FF Chartreux Frisky and Naughty, FF Persian Frisky and Naughty. Can't wait for these! How fast are the turnover of orders, would anybody know?

I still haven't gotten myself to click the "pay" button. I load up my cart w/samples and then ask myself "why" when I have two foundation HG's (Monave CF and Lumiere FF) that I am in love with. I just can't imagine that there is a better coverage or match out there for me! But w/all this talk about Meow I feel like I have to try it. What a dilemna! What would you do??

periwinkle - the Abyssinian is more like yellow mixed in with a tiny bit of beige or something.... It's a sort of muted 'dull-ish' yellow, whereas Angora is pure yellow yellow. It's much brighter and perkier than Abyssinian. Thank you for the kind words about my pic, maybe I was having a good photo-good skin day :laughing: I am tempted to get a full size of Flawless Feline now... I have full sizes of the Purrfect Puss formula which is much much sheerer...

I am interested to hear what you think of Meow! I think it's similar to Lauress in terms of lightness/sheerness. But sheer-er.

Ruby2, you don't need to try it... but i know what it's like! It's an addiction! I didn't need to order Lauress or Milan or Luminesse or J.Lynne either... but I couldn't help myself.

I know I don't need it, but.....I do! I have never been addicted to anything, not even chocolate, but I feel like I am becoming a MMU addict! I think I'll just order some samples b/c if I don't I will always wonder.....what if?! Oh and thanks for describing the colors above. Did you try any Abyssinian?

LOL. well, I'm addicted to chocolate too :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (have you all tried Vosges chocolate bars?)

Believe it or not, I have tried almost all the Meow colors! It was kinda frustrating sampling so many shades and not finding a perfect match with any single one of them. Oddly enough I find most of their colors to be too "brown" or too "beige". PERSIAN and ANGORA are the more purer brighter colors... but on their own they're too pure, if that makes sense, so I had to mix to get a match. (see my foundation chart!)

Oh, and a little tip when applying Meow - Damp gives better coverage, and at first my face always looks a tad "ashy/chalky"... but wait 10 minutes and it will will melt into your skin and the color will look more alive. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL. well, I'm addicted to chocolate too (have you all tried Vosges chocolate bars?)

Try these Lillita. Now available in Targets and supermarkets. Good friend of mine visits Switzerland a lot and brings us back gifts of chocolate. This is my favorite. THe dark of this brand is very good too. My 2nd favorite is Belgian.

World*Wide*Chocolate*-*Store*Page

HI Perri, I did Meow last year some time and they are good. You get a huge amount of foundation with a full size. I would strongly rec going for pampered puss or flawless feline. Quite honestly though. If you've used Valerie's and love her foundation I don't see Meow as being one you would move away from. But in answer to your question they get the samples out to you within one week.

Ruby,

You are so funny!! I am staying away from Meow because honestly it sounds too complicated for me. I found Monave daunting enough to try to figure out my color--- all these cat names are just beyond my confidence to find a match. I should be getting my Lumiere order soon... more illuminators, bronzers, e/s (went with samples this time... I am running out of space even with my tackle boxes. ) :laughing:

Does anyone know how long shipping is from Meow? Hoozey,I know what you mean about the confusion,so I'll let you know if I made the right color choices.I had to browse for around a month to figure out what may look right.

Aloha- ooooh, I love Lindt! Everytime I go abroad I hoard Lindt chocolate at the Duty Frees of airports! They're in Target now? I gotta check it out. I do have cheap thrills when it comes to chocolate, this morning I ate 8 Malteser's Robin Eggs (malt chocolate that looks like robin's eggs), and I couldn't stop popping them in my mouth! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> About Meow, why do you think Val's is superior to it (is that what you meant?)?

Lilita- have to check that Voges-looks sinfully good!

Dayna- LOL! "All those cat names"! That was funny. But true, it does seem intimidating. I just went by the description. I dunno, I hope I got my shades right. I wouldn't even try it out (I heard that the coverage is so-so compared to Monave, Val) had it not been for Lilita's amazing FOTD.

I was overwhelmed at first with Meow's shades too. But I took a cople days to just keep looking and if you don't worry so much about remembering names, it's not so intimidating. Just look at descriptions. I haven't tried them yet, but it's on my list. I think the new Chartreux colors have some potential for me too.

Aloha - I LOVE LINDT too!!! There's a LINDT store back in Sydney (where I am from) where they sell those little balls of chocolate with something like 20 different fillings. (orange cream, milk and cookies, raspberry etc) Absolutely yummy. I am a sucker for different exotic flavors....

...which probably explains why the different exotic "Cat names" for Meow's shades sucked me in! :laughing: Took me ages to figure out and remember what was what, but I think the names are cool. (yes, I am a dork)

I wished now that I had bought Flawless Feline in full sizes but at the time I was trying to save money and Purrfect Puss was the cheapest option. The coverage is nowhere near Monave, Lumiere etc. in that you have to do more layers. But the great thing I find with Meow's foundations is that I can apply multiple layers and my face still feels like I am wearing only ONE light layer.

Back