Meow Flawless Feline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I must have looked at your chart wrong! The 60/40 would probably be much better for me, but I think I tweaked it enough by adding that third sample bag. I think the Frisky Chartreux is too peach for me as well. I am probably more yellow than you are, but they may work really well for you. I enjoyed mixing, but I don't think I'm going to want to do that on a long-term basis. I like knowing that my color will be consistent and just grabbing for one jar. Plus buying 2-3 full size jars of Meow can add up! It is very finely milled though, I think that is why it comes out of the baggie so well! I think I like Monave better, but the jury is still out! Looking forward to your updated chart...............

hey lilita!

yup, i think the makeup in that photo w/ the meow is my fave on you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i can't wear nars lippies because of the smell and taste. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i've got the 'ultra bionic nose'. whether it be intentional added taste or fragrance, or like bobbi brown's that have that 'grandmother's lipstick' smell/taste..just can't do it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> so i'm relegated to clinique lippies..ugh..not much color selection ..i long for those pretty colors like nars, vincent longo etc.. bummer!

that's why i'm looking for a mmu lipstick, hoping i might find a forumula i can tolerate with colors that are a bit more complex. i tried burt's bees lip shimmers yesterday...ick..the colors were just too flat and sharp. you know how mac and nars etc, have these complex beautiful colors (sigh)...i'm thinking of wanting to try monave's colors, but unsure about smell/taste, and there aren't any color descriptions! that really makes it tough..

on the chatreux...yep, it was too orangey on me, too. (although, i only tried naughty chatreux) however, maybe frisky might be an okay base to work with to create a new color? not sure if i'm going to order it...still also contemplating the ff forumula. the mixing is an issue for me, too...

i loved the look, feel and wear of vv...but i DID ITCH after. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 'on deck' to try are: ff, monave, lauress.

btw, lilita...what color and formula did you settle on w/ lauress?

onward to more testing!

I got my Meow samples in Sphynx, Chausie, and Himalyan. Of these, Chausie was the only one that might work. Himalayan was so pink, it was almost like a blush! Not sure who would wear that shade. Sphynx was kind of peachy/beige.

This was my second sample order. I think my best color is Siamese Frisky, the neutral shade.

I also received a free sample of Chartreux foundation and concealor. I won't be able to wear this since I am neutral with a bit of a cool tone. Mac NW20 for reference. Funny how they sent it to me, maybe they think I will just give it away to a friend or something.

pebo - sorry to hear about the lipsticks! I so love my Nars lipsticks but now that you mention it, they do smell a little weird. I can't remember if Monave's lipsticks have a taste/smell... I think there is a subtle smell but really subtle. I haven't *settled* yet on a color in Lauress. So far, I can wear Radiant & Soft Gold (Elemental), but I want to try the Yellows hoping that these will suit me better.. I don't think the Goldens are working for me with a tan.

ruby2 - i hear ya! I would prefer no-mixing any day!! Disappointed to hear about the peachiness of the Chartreux, I may as well just stick with what I already have ... but then again, this morning I put on Milan's "Caprice" shade (which I thought looked too peachy-warm) and I was surprised that it worked. Still just a touch peachier/warmer than perfect, but not annoyingly so.

gina - Glad that Siamese worked for you. Meow always sends free samples with every order..Once I got about 5 freebie baggies! I couldn't use any of them but oh well, I think it's always cool to receive freebies. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Pebo, I think Lilita looks great in all of them so it's too hard for me to choose a fave on her. It's so surprising to me that you can wear Clinique lippies as I hate the chemical/medicinal smell/taste of most of them! I have ordered a couple of Monave's lippies-Babe Pink Glaze is a very soft, sheer pink, barely any color but a nice shine, but not too shiny and not runny or sticky at all. Babe Pink Gloss is a little more opaque, so more color but nice and not sticky. I also ordered little pots of gloss in Silk Garnet and Petticoat (both are still on sale for $5). They are quite similar, mid tone, rosey-pinks. I couldn't choose between the 2 so ordered both. Monave's lippies have a citrus scent, but it dissipates pretty quickly IMO. You can order samples before buying full sizes too. And you can also go to the Monave Forum to get better color descriptions.

earbarbiern, go to Mineral Sites and click on the company links you want to try and then you can navigate the sites to look for samples. All of the MMU companies that I have used offer samples for low cost or free (you pay shipping). HTH.

Gina2328-how are you liking your Meow so far? I am not crazy about having to mix my colors..............

Ruby,

So far Meow and Monave are my favorites. I like Meow's finish and texture, and have not had to mix it. I really like Monave a lot, but I think I might try mixing it because I do not have a perfect color match there. Ashlie is too pink and Claire is too yellow. Maybe if I mix them I might get a match. I like their lipsticks too! I have ordered a couple, and have another one on order.

I am having a bit of trouble with flaky skin, so I have placed an order for Monave's cream foundation and mousse foundation. Can't wait to try it. I will review those when I receive them.

Gina2328, there are so many pros/cons to each of these MMU companies it seems! Monave Hyeyeon is the perfect color for me-I love how creamy it is and the coverage is great, but it may be too much for the upcoming warmer months. Lumiere FF is another one of my HG's and I do like Meow's lightness, even though it gives great coverage, but I just hate having to mix it. Oh well, can't win them all I guess. I am looking forward to your reviews of the cream and mousse foundations too!

boy lilita...you sure do tan quick! me? i stay away from the sun, b/c i can tan in a heartbeat, too. (skin twins! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and i can't wear a ss, due to my sensitive skin. hopefully, if i can wear mmu on a regular basis, it will serve as my ss. (yay!)

ya know, i had a thought....since you are our 'resident meow mixing maven' (go lilita!)..what if you presented your nangora/fpersian mix to the owners of meow, and asked them to make a color (is there a cat name that starts w/ "L"?? lynx??) and it'll be a color for all us l/m yellow/golden/peachy beigy gals out there! we won't have to mix, and we'll buy meow readily!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it's that mixing that really keeps many of us from embracing meow as our hg..ya know? esp since their effort of chatreux just was too peachy/orangey for us... whatchya think??? ruby?? periwinkle??? hoozey?? come on gals..let's rally!

have you got your yellow samples yet? i'm curious to hear about those from lauress and from lumiere. i'm wondering if a 'yellower' color mu will appear lighter than the goldens? hmmm..

ruby: thanks for the recs on monave..may have to go place "another" order..oh my! but lippies are a whole other beast from foundation, and i must give them just as much attention (and $$) as my foundation grail search. lol

yeah, clinique does have a sorta funky smell/taste too..but it's the only one i can 'tolerate' at this point. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

anyhow, time to go roadtest monave on one side of the face, and lumiere's ff on the other...will letchya know how it goes!

Pebo, I LOVE your idea of Meow creating the mix that Lilita invented and calling it Lynx-it is perfect!!! I will definitely rally with you, just let me know what you want me to do! I have to say that I am liking this Meow quite a bit. I had no oily breakthrough all day and I do love the coverage of the FF, so if I could just get the color down I am sold! I am anxious to hear your review of Monave and Lumiere FF and yeah, try some of those Monave lippie samples, what's a few more dollars........cough, cough! Good luck w/your roadtest!

LOL, you ladies! If you want to suggest this to the Big Cats over at Meow, please do!!!! Not sure if I want to be the one to do it. It would be so nice not to have to mix!

Ruby2 - One reason I love Meow is that oil-control factor! No need to blot or powder. I can just put it on and forget that I am wearing foundation.

pebo - I can't order lauress samples until next week because my CC isn't working (waiting on a new card) :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> And Lauress doesn't take Paypal so I can't do the non-CC option either. sigh... Are you going to/did you order from Lauress?

Pebo-

That's a brilliant idea- Lilita's mix- liking the name too! You may want to try Lauress' lippies too. Ruby will tell you. I got a free one in Treasure and it's like the perfect color- the feel is wonderful and it has a hint of chocolate smell to it. BTW Mad sells a 20 SPF powder and I think either EDM or Oceanmist sells one too. Saw it in a post. I tan fast too and try not to because I get sun splotched but I can't stay inside... I like being outside too much.

Ruby-

So, would you really consider switching from Lumiere FF to Meow? If so let me know. I'll have to try a Lynx mix. I am going to do Lumiere VV tomorrow in a B/A.

ruby: yesssss!! the more i think of the idea, the more i like it! gooooo lilita!!! LYNX MIX! LYNX MIX!!!

hmm...so we should go to the meow forum and suggest it to the 'big cats'.. okay, well,.. ruby, i nominate you to do the initial post, since you're waay more articulate than me. and i'll back ya up right away! we want a 'good presentation' of the concept, to give it the best chance of success.

i mean, just here in this forum there are so many others with the same coloring as ours, that love meow..but just can't do the 'mix thing'. meow has the hg potential for many, but many probably shy away from it, due to the massive amts of color options and mixing. we could all test it, too..since we have the same coloring. this could 'fill the gap' for those of us with this coloring! and i think there are probably many many others (i know many of my friends w/ the same coloring) that would buy it. whatchya think?

let me know if you decide to post, and i'll scadaddle right over and chime in!

LYNX...LYNX...LYNX!!!! (i'm not sure if that qualifies as an 'official cat name' but whatever the name, it must most definitely start with an "L" , for our dear, lilita! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

let's go girls!

I was going to try that one, but I'm already drowning in samples. What worried me was the lack of kaolin oil. How is the oil-absorption?

Hello Lilita. Have you tried Lumiere's FF foundation? It's much lighter in feel than VV and it doesn't smudge up at the end of the day. Also I read your rave for Elemental by Lauress. Which would you recommend, Lauress or Meow Flawless? Thank you.

Hi CaraMia,

No I haven't tried Lumiere FF and I think I'm going to have to! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you prefer this to VV? I wish I could answer your question. I think I need to try more Lauress samples (need to check out the Yellows) and wear this more often before I know how I really feel about it and if I would prefer it to Meow Flawless Feline. Maybe I'll know in a couple of weeks... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think both are really nice foundations. Meow is lighter-feeling, and more matte which is great for oil control. But I also like the sheen in Lauress Elemental ... looks very natural..

Have you tried Meow and Lauress? What are your thoughts?

Hi Lilita. I tried Meow Perfect Puss and it made me itch. I never tried the other 2 cause they cost more and in the Perfect Puss I couldn't find a match in just 1 color. Looking at your swatch shade list it looks like Angora 3 would be a perfect match for me. I just don't want to spend $52.00 on one foundation color alone even if it does amount to 1/2 cup which looks like what I'll have to do with Meow. I know that may not make sense but I like to buy a lot of other things too.

Lumiere FF is excellent! I like it much better than VV because of the lightness of it and because it lasts the same all day. I loved VV when I first tried it but I think that the oats is a little too much after a few hours on me. You know? So the FF is good but now that I've been camping a couple of weekends this FF is looking kind of olive like on me so I'm needing to change colors again.:sleepyhead:

This doesn't make me very happy because I've got a ton of Lumiere foundations and Oceanmist. Oceanmist has added some yellow/gold colors too to their list but they still have talc in them so forget that. I'm going to give Meow Flawless a chance based on your recommendation. I hope that the Angora alone will work for me.

As for Lauress I'm still waiting on my gold samples and my yellow samples. I'll let you know when I get them.

Goodmorning Everyone! I would be happy to write the initial post to the Meow ladies on their forum regarding LYNX, but I need to know what the exact mix should be. Lilita, is it the 60/40 N Angora/F Persian? I know that they are in the middle of moving to a larger facility, so not sure how receptive they will be at this time to a new color, but my motto is that it "can't hurt to ask"!! Let me know and I'll be posting there lickity-split!!!! I also heard that they will be offering custom mixing in the future, so I wonder if they will suggest that instead. All I/we can do is request and see what they say. So let me know ASAP so I can get over there. I am very excited about the prospects of this!!!!

Hoozey, I really do like the Meow FF, if I can ge the color down than yes, I would have to say that I would switch over from Lumiere FF, especially during the summer. It is so light and I didn't have to blot or anything all day. It lasted all day too, pretty amazing to me! Get some samples and give it a try!!!

Lilita,

What did you not like about Monave?

Regarding the Lynx mix, Persian, Abyssinian, and Himalayan were all developed by customer request. You never know. Now I ordered a Himalayan sample and to me it seemed more like a blush, it was really pink. But I guess the demand must be out there. I think if there are enough e-mails for the shade, it can be produced. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back