Meow Flawless Feline

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Farris,

Thanks for keeping me updated. If you find something amazing, I definitely want to know!

Aileen,

I know what you mean about Lilita's photo looking amazing. Maybe it's just she is gorgeous and not the makeup? :laughing: I am not sure I want a too sheer finish, I have issues I definitely want hidden, so that is part of my reluctance to order Meow. That and all the cat names. LOL It does look gorgeous on Lilita and I do find myself draw to the feel of Meow as she describes.

Shadowmere-

I've looked at Meow's colors and there are so many that seem to fit me. I need golden but not too yellow. Then there are the shades. I'm getting dizzy just thinking about it. If you find a match, let me know because I think I am similar to you, only I think I am a bit darker.

Lilita-

You are my goddess of finding exactly the perfect shade! I admire your tenacity and your understanding of your skintone. I just know I have yellow and was so happy when I started with BE because before MMU I had such a hard time finding anything that wasn't too pink and weird looking on me. Now I pretty much grab at the yellow tones but find that when they go too olive it's not me- then I look jaundiced.

BTW my hubby and I are on a chocolate thing- nothing better than a nice piece of dark choc. with a glass of red wine for desert! Our favorite is Ghirardelli Espresso Escape- dark choc with finely ground espresso beans. I was so excited the other day because the Walmart now has this big section dedicated to various chocolates. Guess they've become vogue but I am all for it. :18: I like Lindt too. Heck, I will eat pretty much any choc.

I was reading on the Meow website that the Flawless Feline has good coverage. Then they suggest mixing in their concealor into their foundation if you want more coverage. Has anyone tried anything like that? With Meow or another line? I have some samples on order from Meow, but now I wish I had ordered some of the concealor samples too. I need a bit of coverage for old acne scars.

Well it's good to know that I am not alone in the chocolate department either!! Haven't tried Vosges chocolate bars....yet, but I will! I love most things chocolate. A wonderful brand is Sharfenberger-made in San Francisco I believe. When we go to China we bring it for gifts b/c the chocolate in China is lousy! So after all my angst w/Meow I caved and ordered about 18 samples! Got all Flawless Feline, tried the new Chartreux, some persian, angora, korat, abyssynnian, a few blushes, some concealers and the glow powder. I also ordered a bunch of little jars as I hate baggies and transfer immediately! My daughter (almost 6)loves to watch and asks where do I get all these colors from?! When she is old enough for makeup I will steer her down the MMU road too.

Ruby,

I literally LOL on this line. You are so funny. How long you been using? (Using is the correct term for an addict right?)Where is the 12 step program that Lilita NEEDS to be working on? :rotfl: Let me know how Meow works for you! I THOUGHT I was done with my foundation search.

Hoozey! Glad I could make you laugh out loud!!! Yes, *using* is the correct term and it's been less than a year for me, can you believe it? I tried BE in a Sephora store last May and it promptly made me itch. So I got home and googled MMU and found the makeup alley site and read lots of good reviews for EDM there. So that is what got me started on this long, obsessive road to MMU addiction. I don't use EDM since there are so many better companies out there, but I did have to give Meow a try, otherwise I would always wonder! I have already had to contact them b/c I left something out of my order and they replied immediately! Great way to start off in my book. I'll keep you posted, but you know you should probably do a little sampling yourself...............so we can comare notes.

Oh my gosh, I almost spit out my tea when I read that. LOL

I've never been so crazed about something as I have been MMU since finding this forum. You ladies are truly awesome. How can one help but to rush to try things when there's so many rave reviews of so many things!!? I can't help myself!

I just ordered LaurEss samples, still want to try to fine tune Lumiere, and now I have Meow still to go check out...and that all just happened in one week!

Same story here. Got introduced to mmu last Sept with Marlo Quinn (who closed this year) so then I found Larenim locally, which lead to reading reviews on makeupalley, and then I found this forum and I don't know what happened. 6 companies later and I'm still sampling like it's my last drink of water or something. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hi Shadomere, you are making me laugh too! Never heard of Marlo Quinn, was that a MMU company? What did you use in Larenim? I tried the Dusk till Dawn, and a couple foundation samples from my local healthfood store, but they had such a limited range of colors and all too pink for me. I just noticed that you are in Cleveland, my sister is in Strongsville and my in-laws are in Columbus-we love Ohio and will be going at Easter.

Oh Dayna, you are TOO KIND! Honestly, I don't know if I have found my perfect shade! I have so many different colors on my face, several shades will *work*, but as for the PERFECT one - I haven't got a clue what this is. So long as it's not too pink or too beige.

I'll have to look out for the Ghirardelli Espresso choc. Sounds divine! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

P.S. I have only been "using" since December. And yikes - I have sampled from 9 companies already!!!

Well if we're going to count let's see.............

BE, EDM, J Lynne, Alima, Larenim, Valerie Beauty, Aromaleigh, Monave, BareFaced Minerals, Lumiere, Melange, Meow..................where is that 12 step group that I need so desperately??????

Marlo Quinn was a direct sales company that specialized in natural bath & beauty products, and soy candles. Unfortunately they only lasted 5 months. Everything was handmade and I think it took off too fast and ultimately crashed. So I give a lot of props to the people running their own MMU companies because I'm sure it's rough to keep your head above water sometimes.

I tried a little bit of everything in Larenim. Spent like $100 on my sample order!! Eep!Got a bunch of blushes & e/s and tried their foundations which I wanted to like but found their 2W too white and the 3W too orange. I can wear 2W but I am growing more accustomed to the more golden undertone I have. I'm a recovering Goth (hee hee) so this "color in the cheeks thing" is kinda new to me. The N's were too pink or beige. I liked the blushes and e/s but they are a bit pricey so I won't order full sizes. Tried the pore minimizer which didn't wow me. Only thing I really did like was thier brushes (got the blush brush) and Dusk till Dawn. I bought a full size of that which will last 5 years or so! lol It's HUGE!

I used to live in North Royalton. I like Strongville too. I actually live in Westlake but for simplicity, say Cleveland. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

MQ sounds like it was a nice company-too bad that they didn't last. I sometimes dream about starting my own MMU company but it's just that..a dream at this point in my life. I can't even remember what 2 colors I tried from Larenim, but I know that my experience was short since the colors were way off for me. Did you find the Dusk till Dawn made a difference? I only used that a short time too, maybe I didn't give it enough time? My BIL grew up in N. Royalton, and I've been through Westlake too!

Yeah, I think you have more beige than me. I'm just crazy fair with yellow undertone but have some pink in the cheeks and chin. What colors did you order in LaurEss? I ordered all 3 of the golden ones and an ivory for the heck of it.

When I try out Meow ('cause I know it'll happen eventually) I'll post pics and stuff if it's half way decent. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel the same way, there's soo many that could work. Korat 1 seems to be most similar to the appearance of what I think would work for me based on my match of EDM Golden Fair. But eventually I'll break the piggy bank open and try a bunch of them. I'll keep you guys posted.

I grew up in Grafton, OH... not far from North Royalton. My mom lives in Medina now. I use the Cleveland thing too. It is easier. My hubby is from Ohio, Salem, but says Youngstown a lot of times to make it simple. Two of my kids are Buckeyes- Oldest born in Columbus; youngest born in Cincinnati. Middle was born in Middletown, NY.

I have been using since June 2002- BE- but I reacted to it this winter and went on my quest for new MMU in early Jan. I've tried Monave, Signature, Lumiere, Lauress, Val, Mad, J Lynn, Milan- only foundations from first 4 but I'd reorder from all the ones I tried.

I got soft gold, radiant gold, warm gold and pure gold. The radiant was my match. I could wear probably all except the warm gold. I have some pink in my chin and cheeks also but undertones are seriously golden. I tan easily and turn this golden tan... actually had a watch band that I matched in the summer.

Ladies, I got my Meow haul today! Fast shipping, considering I ordered on the 21st! I ordered about 18 samples so I'll have to see what works best in the next couple of days. The presentation and packaging is top notch-I am so impressed. It came wrapped in leopard print tissue paper and then tucked into a little black box w/neon green scrimped shreds of tissue paper lining the bottom. I also ordered a bunch of 5 gram jars to transfer the baggies into and the sifter tops came in a little leopard print drawstring cloth bag. I hope something works out of all of this!

Ruby2

I'm glad you got your so quickly! I ordered on the 18th and still havent gotten mine. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I did get my Mad Minerals in though and that was ordered on the 20th

lilita,

i was just purusing some older posts, and saw this picture of you. i just had to say, "BEAUTIFUL!" love how natural your makeup looks. that's the same look i'm after. love the lippie, too! i wish i could wear that stuff...sigh..

anyhow, thanks for being so gracious to me, as i 'follow your hg hunt' (by buying all the same stuff! lol)

you look lovely! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

thank you, pebo. :blush:

Why can't you wear lippie? The Monave lipglazes are really nice!

You are welcome to follow my hg hunt, I hope you find your hg! Confusing and exciting isn't it? I feel like I am starting all over again, trying to find my best Summer color.

Well I have played a bit w/my Meow Flawless Feline and this is the first time that I've had to mix colors. I started w/Lilita's mix of 50/50 Naughty Angora and Naughty Persian and it was too dark/peachy on me, probably b/c of the Persian. So I dumped in the baggie of Frisky Angora and got a pretty good color. I would say it's almost identical in color to my L-M Gold in Lumiere's FF. I mixed all of this in a 10 gram jar and I have to say that it's almost full. I am not sure that this is "the one". It feels a bit dry and not nearly as creamy as Monave, but the coverage is pretty good. I'm going to have to keep using it the next few days before I make my verdict, but I am glad I tried it! I also did a cheek swipe w/Naughty Chartreux and that is too peach on me, I hope it works for you though. I also am wearing Peddle Pink blush and it's a nice pink, and not too bright. I got a sample of the Cat Glow and it looks white in the jar and it does give your face a nice sheen w/out adding any extra color. That may be something I'll order a full size of. Thanks again to Lilita for your amazing chart. Without it I don't think I would have been brave enough to start mixing.

ruby2 - I think you might be a bit lighter than me, with less peach. (BTW, I prefer 60/40 Naughty Angora + Frisky Persian)

I agree with you Meow is definitely not creamy. If you like Monave, this is very different - Meow's powder is ultra fine and matte. I think Pebo said the same

thing about Naughty Chartreux being too peach/orange. Did you try Frisky Chartreux? Hope I receive my samples soon!... Chances are I may have to mix again - that's the downside of going with Meow...

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thoughts! I am going to update the chart when I receive more samples.

Back