Missha fans!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once used the sample of Missha BB cream and was surprised at its good effect. I think it's one of the earliest  to product BB cream. Some of friends recommend me Maybelline BB cream, while others prefer Skin 79. Which brand are you using now?

I used to use Skin79 but thought id give Missha a try and it was soooo much better (for me, personally!) I bought the no.13 because i am a milk bottle, but i use it in place of a moisturiser and it makes no difference when foundation is applied on top. 13 costs a bit more than the other two shades i have found, on ebay, so next time if the prices are the same i will give no.21 a bash!

I would never ever use Garnier or Maybelline after trying Asian BB cream , there is just no [SIZE=small]comparison[/SIZE][SIZE=small].[/SIZE]

Originally Posted by Sugababe28 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I used to use Skin79 but thought id give Missha a try and it was soooo much better (for me, personally!) I bought the no.13 because i am a milk bottle, but i use it in place of a moisturiser and it makes no difference when foundation is applied on top. 13 costs a bit more than the other two shades i have found, on ebay, so next time if the prices are the same i will give no.21 a bash!

I would never ever use Garnier or Maybelline after trying Asian BB cream , there is just no [SIZE=small]comparison[/SIZE][SIZE=small].[/SIZE]
Agreed. I have tried quite a few and only the Asian ones actually give me coverage. The others give me a dull complexion that I really need to spruse up with some kind of highlighter, etc. With Missha I do need to add blush because when I say it covers it COVERS. I look flawless which to some people can be washed out so i needs that extra little pop of color. But it's doing exactly what it says it does :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I got my Missha Perfect Cover No. 21 in the mail earlier this week, and it does wonders for my skin. I'm not one who needs much "skin" makeup because my complexion is pretty decent, but this really gives it an extra "oomph." I love that I can wear it without even feeling like there's anything on my face, I'm not one for heavy makeup. I'm definitely glad that they did this offer for the BB cream because they have a new fan now!

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed. I have tried quite a few and only the Asian ones actually give me coverage. The others give me a dull complexion that I really need to spruse up with some kind of highlighter, etc. With Missha I do need to add blush because when I say it covers it COVERS. I look flawless which to some people can be washed out so i needs that extra little pop of color. But it's doing exactly what it says it does :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You definitely need blush with Missha!

Originally Posted by Beeyutifull /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed on the blush!  I'm pale enough as it is, but the Missha covers up the pink in my cheeks.  Unless I want to look like a ghost, I gotta blush it up! (I also have to use a lot more blush than I'm used to, which freaks me out!)

If anyone on here uses the matte BB cream, do you find that it dries your skin out?  I can't seem to find the cause of my super dry skin (like gross, flaky dry).  I thought it was the stuff I wash my face with, but it doesn't seem to be that and I'm not dehydrated.  
icon_scratch.gif

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If anyone on here uses the matte BB cream, do you find that it dries your skin out?  I can't seem to find the cause of my super dry skin (like gross, flaky dry).  I thought it was the stuff I wash my face with, but it doesn't seem to be that and I'm not dehydrated.  
icon_scratch.gif
Do you have dry skin? From my experience Vita Matte BB cream does a sick job at controlling the oil production, so unless you have oily or combo skin you better go with the moisturizing version in the gold tube.

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do you have dry skin? From my experience Vita Matte BB cream does a sick job at controlling the oil production, so unless you have oily or combo skin you better go with the moisturizing version in the gold tube.
It doesn't leave your skin shiny, does it?  I got my mom the moisturizing version, but my nose and forehead have a tendency to get shiny and figured the matte version would be better for that (I'm kind of paranoid about having a shiny/oily face).  I'll have to order a tube of the moisturizing version.  & by "sick," do you mean good or bad?  

Cool, got a free tube of their BB cream.  If anyone is interested, they're also giving a free bottle of first treatment essence(52.99) w/ $50 dollar purchase.  It's a copycat version of SK-ii.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> can't wait to try it!

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It doesn't leave your skin shiny, does it?  I got my mom the moisturizing version, but my nose and forehead have a tendency to get shiny and figured the matte version would be better for that (I'm kind of paranoid about having a shiny/oily face).  I'll have to order a tube of the moisturizing version.  & by "sick," do you mean good or bad?  
I meant good haha :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Sorry for the confusion.

I got mine and everything arrived within 1 week, and I LOVE the BB Creams. I ordered a variety  of them and can't say which is perfect for me, or even the skin tone, Putting it on straight from tube looks grey but then in a few minutes it blends with my skin and looks great! I haven't even been using concealer. I like the cleansing water very much, and also the essence. Thanks for enabling me ladies!!!

Ooh, i just finished my tube of BB cream that arrived in Glossybox!  I think this is the first cosmetic item I have *ever* completely used up.  Well, except for lip balm, which doesn't seem like it should count.  I've been using it every workday since, hmm, November, I think, and definitely since December, so it's probably lasted me a good four or five months.  I happened to have another tube on hand, so I'm on to my second!  It just occurred to me that I haven't really had a nasty zit since I started using this stuff daily.  I remember reading something a while back that said that these creams originally came about in part to help surgery patients recover post-op, and a lot of people have reported that it helps with their blemishes, so, yay!  I think it's doing the same thing for me!  

And now my big dilemma:  Buy a third tube now (backup for when this tube eventually runs out) while I have the money or try to get samples of other BB creams and maybe get something else?  I happen to live about five minutes from a store (Pretty & Cute) that is apparently the only store that is not a Missha concept store that carries this stuff, and they have a whole bunch of other Asian BB creams (P&C is strictly an Asian cosmetics store), so I probably have the widest live-and-in-person variety of these products to choose from outside of Asia, and that makes it really hard for me to decide.

And in related news, I'm blaming this stuff for my newfound obsession with blush.  It took me quite a while to accept this, but, yup, when #21 is your perfect shade, you *do* need more color.  Even though my cheeks are naturally rosy, this stuff is so good at evening out the redness that even my rosiness can't break through.  I now have six blushes (Benetint, Starlooks Barbie fluid blush, Starlooks Cheeky Luscious fluid blush, Starlooks Cuty Peach powder blush, that 3-in-one that Beauty Army has this month, and essence Fruity gel souffle.  As a side note, it's really weird to put something that smells like candy on my *face* and not my *lips*), and every single one has been acquired within the past month.  On the up side, I've only flat-out *purchased* one of them (the essence, which was something like three bucks).  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh, i just finished my tube of BB cream that arrived in Glossybox!  I think this is the first cosmetic item I have *ever* completely used up.  Well, except for lip balm, which doesn't seem like it should count.  I've been using it every workday since, hmm, November, I think, and definitely since December, so it's probably lasted me a good four or five months.  I happened to have another tube on hand, so I'm on to my second!  It just occurred to me that I haven't really had a nasty zit since I started using this stuff daily.  I remember reading something a while back that said that these creams originally came about in part to help surgery patients recover post-op, and a lot of people have reported that it helps with their blemishes, so, yay!  I think it's doing the same thing for me!  

And now my big dilemma:  Buy a third tube now (backup for when this tube eventually runs out) while I have the money or try to get samples of other BB creams and maybe get something else?  I happen to live about five minutes from a store (Pretty & Cute) that is apparently the only store that is not a Missha concept store that carries this stuff, and they have a whole bunch of other Asian BB creams (P&C is strictly an Asian cosmetics store), so I probably have the widest live-and-in-person variety of these products to choose from outside of Asia, and that makes it really hard for me to decide.

And in related news, I'm blaming this stuff for my newfound obsession with blush.  It took me quite a while to accept this, but, yup, when #21 is your perfect shade, you *do* need more color.  Even though my cheeks are naturally rosy, this stuff is so good at evening out the redness that even my rosiness can't break through.  I now have six blushes (Benetint, Starlooks Barbie fluid blush, Starlooks Cheeky Luscious fluid blush, Starlooks Cuty Peach powder blush, that 3-in-one that Beauty Army has this month, and essence Fruity gel souffle.  As a side note, it's really weird to put something that smells like candy on my *face* and not my *lips*), and every single one has been acquired within the past month.  On the up side, I've only flat-out *purchased* one of them (the essence, which was something like three bucks).  
I was introduced to my Missha BB cream (#21) from Glossybox too! It's now a HolyGrail item for me! I'm almost out of my tube, and will definitely re-order soon! I've tried a few other BB creams: Loreal, Garnier, Smashbox, Dr. Jart, Boscia, Stila. None of those hold a candle to my beloved Missha! It's improved my skin, offers a coverage that I like, isn't too drying on my combo skin, doesn't make me a grease ball, and it just all-around terrific! I also like that it has sunscreen in it as well, for days when I'm in a hurry. I'm also a big fan of the packaging too because it's easy to use and helps you waste less product.

I agree with you on blush though! You definitely need to wear blush with it to give you a nice hint of color! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

BB cream is always what I apply last (well, except for makeup like blush or highlighter. Or I guess a finishing powder but I don't use one).

Originally Posted by MakeupWithTea /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When you guys apply the BB Cream, do you still apply moisturizer after it?
I don't apply moisturizer after, but sometimes I apply moisturizer before. Most of the time I don't need a day moisturizer if I've used night cream the night before, but my skin is very dry lately. The Missha Perfect Cover stays matte for me and I don't need any powder. Skin79 gives me more of a glow/healthy shine and sometimes I need powder with it, but not moisturizer.

I definitely need a moisturizer with missha, but I put it on before. I have really dry skin, though.

Back