MyGlam - June 2012 Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My bag came today and it's the first time since becoming a MyGlam Ambassador that I've had to complain to them about the bag itself. My bag is so... cheap that I'm going to end up throwing it away, or at the very least never use it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bag came today and it's the first time since becoming a MyGlam Ambassador that I've had to complain to them about the bag itself. My bag is so... cheap that I'm going to end up throwing it away, or at the very least never use it.
I loved everything EXCEPT the cheap smelly bag!
sick.gif
Mine is still in the pink envelope (sealed) up in my closet. Im gona endup trashing it also.

iagree.gif
That bag looked/felt super cheap - and mine smelled very strongly like dead fish.  I was able to stand the chemical scent of the other bags, but rotten fish? Wheeeew, no way, lol.  Opened it up, took the items out and slam-dunked that sucker into the trash.

I just got an extra bag in the mail today, and noticed I had been charged twice. Anyone else have this happen? I'm guessing it has to do with the server change or something?

The fact that they sent us an eyeliner that can't be worn with contact lenses is absolute BS. How common are contacts? Half the people I know wear them! And then I got the only lipstick shade I've seen here that I REALLY didn't want - the bright magenta one ("Chloe"). Plus, I have zero issues with frizz ever. The cheap gold bag is a throwaway. so...basically I paid $10 for some useless items and a little tube of moisturizer (and like all subscription addicts, I'm already freaking swimming in moisturizer). I gotta cancel this one. I say it every damn month...

I was actually really happy with this month!

The only thing that I was a little bummed about is the lipstick I received was "POWER"; not my color, at all, BUT it will be going to a friend of mine who will love it.

Oh and the bag is kinda stinky
yuck.gif

I must say I was on the verge of cancelling but this bag took me a couple steps back.

I hope they keep giving us stuff like this!

yey.gif

I got my bag a few days ago & love everything about it except:

-the bag really does smell like fish! which i can leave with. i'd air it out except my bag was totally a mess. the string that is like sewn into it was falling apart. BUT, I emailed them & will be receiving a new one, no problem.

-the eyeliner will be going up for trade. i don't want to use it because i love my liner and i literally wear contacts at all times (except when sleeping).

-and my lippie came in 'eucalyptus.' I think this would look better on someone else. lol not me. also will want to be tradubg

other than that i'm happy. just as xochitlsays ^ said, i was also going to give up today but this pag made me take a few steps back as well. =]

Well my bag came today. I think everything is going up for trade except the eyeliner. I'm really glad they decided to start sending more makeup in there bags. That being said this months selection just feels blah to me. I think i might have liked this bag more if i had gotten a lip color that i liked and didn't have a gazillion hair care and lotions to go through. Of course its not their fault that i am addicted to subs and have so much stuff. I'm really on the fence about canceling. They have done better the last few months but while going through my stash of samples almost all of them I don't want/can' or wont use come from myglam.

Haha me too!  I still have the freeman mask packet, the x out, the premier dead sea stuff never been used!  I acutally used the cute little bags they put the samples in but not the actual samples!

Originally Posted by tilliefairy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well my bag came today. I think everything is going up for trade except the eyeliner. I'm really glad they decided to start sending more makeup in there bags. That being said this months selection just feels blah to me. I think i might have liked this bag more if i had gotten a lip color that i liked and didn't have a gazillion hair care and lotions to go through. Of course its not their fault that i am addicted to subs and have so much stuff. I'm really on the fence about canceling. They have done better the last few months but while going through my stash of samples almost all of them I don't want/can' or wont use come from myglam.

All in all, I was pleasantly surprised with my MyGlam bag this month! I received the NYX lippy in "Eucalyptus" (which is very much the shade of the bubble mailer!) but I ended up really loving it when I tried it out :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I still have yet to try the other items, BUT I CAN say that I will try all of them and more than likely be able to put them all to good use (where as in the past, there have been bags where at least 1-2 items never were..)!
I also think Eucalyptus would make a nice lighter pink when mixed with a nude shade, going to have to try it out!

With that being said, I really LOVE the NYX lippy in "Power" (judging from swatches, I would love to try it out). So, if there is any one who received it and will not use it - I would love to trade for it (I have a few items from past glam bags I won't use, and a couple items from the GG BB I haven't used) or possibly even buy it from you. 

I got my bag today too! I am excited about the contents but agree with everyone on the fish smell of the bag. I even asked my husband to smell it when he got home and he asked me where it came from because it smelled like a fish market! ha!

Originally Posted by wintersnowpeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my bag a few days ago & love everything about it except:

-the bag really does smell like fish! which i can leave with. i'd air it out except my bag was totally a mess. the string that is like sewn into it was falling apart. BUT, I emailed them & will be receiving a new one, no problem.

-the eyeliner will be going up for trade. i don't want to use it because i love my liner and i literally wear contacts at all times (except when sleeping).

-and my lippie came in 'eucalyptus.' I think this would look better on someone else. lol not me. also will want to be tradubg

other than that i'm happy. just as xochitlsays ^ said, i was also going to give up today but this pag made me take a few steps back as well. =]
I too received that shade of lip stick which is no big deal for me as I'm a makeup hoarder - I give up on saying collector 'cause the truth is I buy and tend not to use but my daughters do use my stuff so it's not wasted. Any rate, there are 128 other shades to try from so if you haven't opened it then trade it with someone else. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm off to Ulta tomorrow to pick up six more colors since it's B1G1 50% and couple that with my $5 off $15 I'll pay $12.97 for six or $2.16 each.

I got my bag this past week, I got the lipstick in Iced Honey. It's a pretty color. 

For those girls who are saying not to wear it with contacts, I wore the eyeliner just on the top of my eyes. Not on my waterline, and nothing happened. 
I would not put it inside of my eye, but nothing happened to my contacts when they were on the top lid. 

I too received that shade of lip stick which is no big deal for me as I'm a makeup hoarder - I give up on saying collector 'cause the truth is I buy and tend not to use but my daughters do use my stuff so it's not wasted. Any rate, there are 128 other shades to try from so if you haven't opened it then trade it with someone else. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm off to Ulta tomorrow to pick up six more colors since it's B1G1 50% and couple that with my $5 off $15 I'll pay $12.97 for six or $2.16 each.
Hmmm, I just got an Ulta gift card for graduation....maybe I'll put it towards these lol! I've actually used these lippies in the past though and since I don't wear lipstick very often, it'll probably be easier for me to just trade. I took one look at the color though and put it down, so I know someone else is bound to want it!

Originally Posted by Tulipp /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my bag this past week, I got the lipstick in Iced Honey. It's a pretty color. 

For those girls who are saying not to wear it with contacts, I wore the eyeliner just on the top of my eyes. Not on my waterline, and nothing happened. 

I would not put it inside of my eye, but nothing happened to my contacts when they were on the top lid. 
This!!!! I wear contacts and I plan on using it on the upper lid only. I almost never wear liquid on the bottom anyway so it's no biggie. I'm super stoked it's so hard to get off. I REALLY hope I get Iced Honey too.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This!!!! I wear contacts and I plan on using it on the upper lid only. I almost never wear liquid on the bottom anyway so it's no biggie. I'm super stoked it's so hard to get off. I REALLY hope I get Iced Honey too.
Strangely, my liner washed right off. I was kind of hoping it would STAY on. Hmmmm...
icon_scratch.gif

With the exception of Orange Soda and Power, do all the lipsticks have a frost/shimmer finish? Anyone know?

Latest posts

Back