MyGlam - June 2012 Bag

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would just like to update that after leaving my bag out overnight, the smell has vanished! Its a super cute little bag, and will be great to use like a clutch on my Vegas trip this weekend!

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With the exception of Orange Soda and Power, do all the lipsticks have a frost/shimmer finish? Anyone know?
Of the lipsticks they sent out of all 126 varieties? It all should have a shimmer to it since it all contains mica. BTW to those who use vegan free products do NOT use this lipstick as it contains BEES WAX.

INGREDIENTS: Bees Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Octyldodeanol, Polyisobutene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Diisostearyl Malate, Polyglyceryl -2 Triisostearate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Bis-Digylceryl Polyacyladipade-2, Tocopheryl Acetate, B.H.A, Fragrance, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide Red, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Black, D&C Red No.6, D&C Red No.7, D&C Red No.27, FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake, FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake, and D&C Red No.36 MAY CONTAIN: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide Red (CI 77491), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI 77492), Iron Oxide Black (CI 77499), D&C Red No.6 (CI 15850), FD&C Blue No.1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), D&C Red No.7 (CI 15850), D&C Red No.27 (CI 45410:1), or FD&C Yellow No.5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140).

Oh, yeah, I just meant of the ones they sent. Thanks for the info. I've seen quite a few NYX Round lipsticks with a cream/satin finish, sans any shimmer. I even own a couple (Hera and Thalia). I was looking at the swatches of the other colors they sent, and they (other than the two I mentioned before) seem to be frosty, so I was just looking for confirmation on that. I'm trying to figure out what color would suit me best in case I get one that doesn't work for me. I think I could work with Eucalyptus, Chloe, or maybe Saturn. I know for sure that Orange Soda and Vitamin will wash me out terribly!

I'm a little nervous about this fish smell I keep reading about. I just hope they don't blame the glue again. Did no one from MyGlam smell the bags to make sure they were okay before getting mailed out? Especially given their past issues with smelly bags. They had to figure people would notice it! I find it hard to believe that the smell developed in transit.

They didn't blame the glue, I was the one blaming the glue because when I had the chance to tour their warehouse back in March I deliberately smelled several bags and none had an odor but when my bag arrived it had a horrible, overwhelmingly bad, odor so I attributed to the glue they used. And unless something's changed no one from the MyGlam offices goes down to the warehouse during shipping to ensure quality control. The warehouse isn't even in the same city as the their office.

I never thought it was the glue. I just thought it was cheap foreign made bags. This one is disgusting. It smells like a dirty fish tank and the inside was filthy. I threw away the bag, liner and lipstick. The eye and lip products were not sealed, so I was afraid whatever chemicals are causing the noxious smell permeated the cosmetics. I am disgusted with my glam and the way the cheap out. I would rather not get a bag and get pristine cosmetics free of nasty odors. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Glad they didn't blame the glue; that always felt kind of bogus to me. Looks like it's just speculation from others at this point. Still, I'd think someone from the company would get some samples of the finished bags before they were sent for shipping in order to enforce some quality control. Hope they'll consider doing that in the future. Although I suppose there wasn't much they could've done at that point even if they did notice it. I can just imagine the outrage if the bags were delayed because of it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm one of the lucky ones that don't get a smelly bag. Really hope I get it tomorrow!

AuntOly, my NYX lipsticks I've purchased have all been sealed, so you should try contacting them to see if they can send you another. Unsure about the liner.

My lipstick was sealed as well with a plastic wrapper. I can't recall if the liner was as well. I know my NYX Glide On Pencils was (I bought two a while back and wanted to use it today).

I was thinking of buying the lipstick in orange soda, did any brunettes receive it? I am pretty tan and have dark hair. I saw a girl post a picture of what it looks like but I believe she was blonde and I thought it looked great! 

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Strangely, my liner washed right off. I was kind of hoping it would STAY on. Hmmmm...
icon_scratch.gif
I read on the website that the skin needs to be very clean and dry and it kind of sounded like there shouldn't be eyeshadow underneath. I'll try to put it on before my eyeshadow somehow. It can't soak in if the eyeshadow or primer is blocking the lid.

My lipstick and liner were definitely not sealed. Now I am even happier I tossed them.

Hi everyone!!!

I got my bag and the lipstick was EUCALYPTUS. Would anyone who got ORANGE SODA or VITAMIN like to trade? I don't post much here but I did trade with CaliMel a couple of bags ago if you wanted a ref!!!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by jessicakohler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi everyone!!!

I got my bag and the lipstick was EUCALYPTUS. Would anyone who got ORANGE SODA or VITAMIN like to trade? I don't post much here but I did trade with CaliMel a couple of bags ago if you wanted a ref!!!
smile.gif
I have vitamin, but it's not sealed. I tried it on my hand once.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I read on the website that the skin needs to be very clean and dry and it kind of sounded like there shouldn't be eyeshadow underneath. I'll try to put it on before my eyeshadow somehow. It can't soak in if the eyeshadow or primer is blocking the lid.
I tried it in the morning after I washed my face (and eyelids and everything) and it stayed on pretty well. However, when I washed my face at night (with my mild purpose cleanser) it immediately came all off... I was surprised because it wouldn't come of my hands! Maybe my oily eyelids contributed to this!
patches.gif

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried it in the morning after I washed my face (and eyelids and everything) and it stayed on pretty well. However, when I washed my face at night (with my mild purpose cleanser) it immediately came all off... I was surprised because it wouldn't come of my hands! Maybe my oily eyelids contributed to this!
patches.gif
I had the exact experience. I was worried it wouldn't come off, but had no problems when I washed my face. It stayed put really well on my eyes all day though and didn't smudge a bit.

Originally Posted by theredwonder /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the exact experience. I was worried it wouldn't come off, but had no problems when I washed my face. It stayed put really well on my eyes all day though and didn't smudge a bit.
Yes, that's what's good about it! The bad part is that I can't wear it at the beach/swimming pool now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anyone catch the leak of the possible July bag on the facebook page? Looks like a member got products that were totally different from everyone else, and it looks like it includes

samples from Always. Really?
Unless it's a total fluke, of course.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Anyone catch the leak of the possible July bag on the facebook page? Looks like a member got products that were totally different from everyone else, and it looks like it includes

samples from Always. Really?
Unless it's a total fluke, of course.
Oh gosh. I'd say I hope it's a fluke, but that would lead me to wonder what random Always products are doing around the packaging plant... I don't like either scenario.

Yikes, Is it really gone? I can still see it but I haven't refreshed the page yet. If it isn't July's bag, I see no reason to delete it. Never mind, looks it was deleted by the original poster.

Latest posts

Back