MyGlam: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eabda742ca07b84c6b57e3458660500f

A fashionable month deserves fashionable accessories and that’s just what our stylists are delivering with their latest picks from JustFab. Bethany, Andrea, Jessica, Promise and Michelle have all hand-picked JustFab shoes, bags and accessories to complete their perfect fall fashion look. And now, just for the ipsy community, Just Fab is offering $20 off your first purchase with the code IPSY20 at checkout!* So become a member today for VIP access to a personalized shopping experience filled with the season’s hottest styles and FREE shipping!

*Restrictions: Offer valid through October 14, 2012. Applies to new customers only, not valid on previous purchases. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional offer. Valid in the US only, excluding HI and AK.

Originally Posted by MadamLeslie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone else notice the back of the card that says "myglam is now. . .ipsy" and has the products listed? The side with the product listing has pictures of (I guess) ipsy members. I noticed a few familiar faces on there. I know Fairest of All's pic is on there. Did anyone else see this, am I seeing things, or has this been mentioned, and I just missed it?
They had a contest a while back where subscribers could submit their pictures for a chance to be included on the card 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is that $20 off in additional to the new member discount?
No, it's not. I just tried it. It's pretty misleading. You'd think that with a 50% discount and the code we can get a pair of shoes for free, but apparently they don't stack.

What you CAN do is buy 2 pairs of shoes. It'll make one of them 50% off and then there's the $20 off so it's essentially BOGOFree.

It does include a free 5-year (?!) subscription to Entertainment Weekly that you can opt out of for a $25 refund, same as the magazine offers at places like Dermstore. But, I've been googling trying to find if anyone has actually gotten the refund (there are some blog posts and comments about it) and so far I haven't read about anyone actually getting it.

I'm torn because I need a new pair of boots for winter and some of their flats are cute, and if the $25 refund actually comes through that would be two pairs of shoes for $15 which would be a great deal. But I've already spent a ton of money on make-up and skincare this month, so I'm not sure if I should be spending any more right now. I also doubt their shoes are great quality so especially if the $25 refund doesn't come through, I feel like I can better spend my $40 elsewhere. I won't get two pairs of shoes for that price, but I'll be much more likely to get a pair of boots that will last more than a few months.

Originally Posted by xiehan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No, it's not. I just tried it. It's pretty misleading. You'd think that with a 50% discount and the code we can get a pair of shoes for free, but apparently they don't stack.

What you CAN do is buy 2 pairs of shoes. It'll make one of them 50% off and then there's the $20 off so it's essentially BOGOFree.

It does include a free 5-year (?!) subscription to Entertainment Weekly that you can opt out of for a $25 refund, same as the magazine offers at places like Dermstore. But, I've been googling trying to find if anyone has actually gotten the refund (there are some blog posts and comments about it) and so far I haven't read about anyone actually getting it.

I'm torn because I need a new pair of boots for winter and some of their flats are cute, and if the $25 refund actually comes through that would be two pairs of shoes for $15 which would be a great deal. But I've already spent a ton of money on make-up and skincare this month, so I'm not sure if I should be spending any more right now. I also doubt their shoes are great quality so especially if the $25 refund doesn't come through, I feel like I can better spend my $40 elsewhere. I won't get two pairs of shoes for that price, but I'll be much more likely to get a pair of boots that will last more than a few months.
Yea, you live in NYC we have we more options for better quality clothes and shoes with haggling and negotiating as an option.

Erhm.. I ended up getting it today even though my USPS still doesn't say delivered. I tried the SOHO brush, but it's so scratchy, my eyes got bumpy from it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you SO much for the Elf Palette/Target info!

I got my MyGlam bag, same as others with the shipping info not up to date yet but the bag already here.

It's a lovely bag but it smells like new shower curtain. I do love the black sophisticated look.

The purple nail polish takes 3 coats for a non-streaky look and you definitely need to put a coat of clear on top for a shine because

it is very matte. (is matte the right word? non-shiny finish). I got one pan of eyeshadow, the brush is very nice, and I haven't really

played with the other stuff yet. Out of the three MyGlam bags I've gotten so far this is my least favorite contents and favorite bag itself

(as long as the smell goes away soon!).

Originally Posted by Yolanda Horton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

GREAT PIC FAIREST... its not micro at all but then again we could spot you in a crowed room love it
Well thank you!! I was excited to be included 
laughing.gif

I don't know if it was just the way my brush was packaged or what, but it's totally not dense at all. The bristles were semi folded since it was shoved into the envelope. The brush itself is soft, but doesn't really seem useable for me. It's just not compact enough and is way too long to fit into any of my makeup bags. I have yet to open and swatch the shadow pan. I don't really want to go to Target to purchase an elf palette (even though it's only $1), but have no other way of storing it. Having to buy another product to use/store one just irks me. I'm having mixed feelings about the bag. I think I'll be sticking it out one more month than deciding if I can cancel.

My package and my eldest daughters bags from MyGlam came today and the smudge brushes are slightly different between the two bags. Mine is a darker pink brush with more compact bristles while her's is a lighter pink and the bristles are not as compact. The shape of her bristles are different as well. It's obvious these were not made at the same time and came from different production periods.

Originally Posted by Fairest of all /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They had a contest a while back where subscribers could submit their pictures for a chance to be included on the card 
smile.gif
Wow! Congratulations! I immediately noticed the pic of you first, because every time I see your avatar, I think, "God, I love her hair!!"

I got my bag yesterday. I have to agree that the tightrope color nailpolish is pretty much identical to Dream on by Sinful Colors (I've owned it for a while). I really like it though... looks great with a clear/glitter coat. I've got tightrope on with a coat of kaleidoscope by wet n' wild on top. The split end stuff by Carol's Daughter smells almost exactly like the Numi Hydro Punch stuff we got a couple of bags ago. I can't wait to give it a try! The brush is nice... I have and use the entire Real Techniques collection but I can never have too many eye brushes, LOL! I'll definitely have to get one of those empty elf palettes for the pan of shadow and I agree it would be great if we got a new shadow color each month and a palette to put them in. I'm a lipgloss junkie so I'm happy with the lip gloss. One gripe I have is the applicator part. I guess I'm just partial to a wand applicator. The bag is really cute but when I went to open it the second time, the wristlet loop came apart. Luckily I was able to fix it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this bag. I'm much happier with this sub than I ever was with BB. I can't wait to see how things will turn out when they start using our profiles to determine the products we get!

I managed to stack the Ipsy code with the get $15 off your first purchase thing and I got a bag and a pair of shoes though, along with the EW subscription, so I don't know if what you tried to buy mattered. $44 for the three things, which is a little more than the cost of a pair of shoes. I finally got a pair of red heels that I've been pining after.

...also I didn't realise the EW was 5 years...I thought it was one. I definitely am going to try and get the $25 back then. I have a major problem with EW, and I was planning on calling then and cancelling without knowing I could get the $25 back anyway, but now I'm definitely going to push for it.

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wanted to post this because I realized the Circus Tightrope polish is the EXACT color and formula as Sinful Colors Dream On which is a very inexpensive brand with a matte finish I picked up for a couple bucks somewhere like Walmart. In the photo above, my fingers are painted with the Tightrope and my thumb is Dream On. Please excuse my dry cuticles. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of a good clear matte top coat I'd love to hear them because I love the matte finishes of these polishes, but they don't stay without a top coat and I only have shiney ones.
Wow, they are exactly the same! Interesting!

Yeah so I noticed the date my bag was delivered was Wednesday... if I don't have it by Friday I am going to contact my glam and see if they can send me another one to my home address, I won't get to see it for another two weeks but at least I would be getting one altogether. ><. 

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just wanted to post this because I realized the Circus Tightrope polish is the EXACT color and formula as Sinful Colors Dream On which is a very inexpensive brand with a matte finish I picked up for a couple bucks somewhere like Walmart. In the photo above, my fingers are painted with the Tightrope and my thumb is Dream On. Please excuse my dry cuticles. Also, if anyone has any suggestions of a good clear matte top coat I'd love to hear them because I love the matte finishes of these polishes, but they don't stay without a top coat and I only have shiney ones.
I feel like this happens pretty frequently with brands being recycled. At least they tried to change up the look of the bottle and brand. I'm about 99.99% sure that the LA Colors and LA Girl brand makes the nail polish for Forever 21 (Love & Beauty I think it's called). The formula is exactly the same and like the bottles are the same too. :

Originally Posted by TheNittyPretty /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my bag yesterday. I have to agree that the tightrope color nailpolish is pretty much identical to Dream on by Sinful Colors (I've owned it for a while). I really like it though... looks great with a clear/glitter coat. I've got tightrope on with a coat of kaleidoscope by wet n' wild on top. The split end stuff by Carol's Daughter smells almost exactly like the Numi Hydro Punch stuff we got a couple of bags ago. I can't wait to give it a try! The brush is nice... I have and use the entire Real Techniques collection but I can never have too many eye brushes, LOL! I'll definitely have to get one of those empty elf palettes for the pan of shadow and I agree it would be great if we got a new shadow color each month and a palette to put them in. I'm a lipgloss junkie so I'm happy with the lip gloss. One gripe I have is the applicator part. I guess I'm just partial to a wand applicator. The bag is really cute but when I went to open it the second time, the wristlet loop came apart. Luckily I was able to fix it. Overall, I'm pretty happy with this bag. I'm much happier with this sub than I ever was with BB. I can't wait to see how things will turn out when they start using our profiles to determine the products we get!
It is also pretty much identical to Julep's Helena polish.

Last year Steve Madden had something similar. I bought a pair of shoes and got a free year of US Weekly. I didn't want the magazine really, so I send in the refund,which was for $10, and the check came like a month later. 

Latest posts

Back