MyGlam: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about you guys but I'm lovin this gloss! Although it looks a lot (more like identical) to the MG gloss I received last time I love it nonetheless. The smudge brush is great for blending which I do everyday . Not too sure about the shadow....I still have The Balm brown shadow that looks similar to this one...as for storing it I just took an old palette, and hot glue it in there. Another way you can store it is take an empty palette and smash the shadow into the palette with some acetone. As if you were fixing broken eye shadow. That might be too much work? Anyway Not complaining about this month I love it nonetheless hehe.

I love the gloss too! It's definitely one of the nicer ones I've gotten, and I would buy full size of it. The color is good, and I like that it's buildable with the color.

On me it can either look like my lips color but a little brighter, or neon pink depending on how much I put on.

I plan on playing around with it some more tomorrow when I do my makeup.

Originally Posted by ColorMeLucky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know about you guys but I'm lovin this gloss! Although it looks a lot (more like identical) to the MG gloss I received last time I love it nonetheless. The smudge brush is great for blending which I do everyday . Not too sure about the shadow....I still have The Balm brown shadow that looks similar to this one...as for storing it I just took an old palette, and hot glue it in there. Another way you can store it is take an empty palette and smash the shadow into the palette with some acetone. As if you were fixing broken eye shadow. That might be too much work? Anyway Not complaining about this month I love it nonetheless hehe.
Did you get 02 last time? I love the gloss too, it's very fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

When did Saturday postal services begin? I remember as a kid there wasn't Saturday mail so I want to say sometime in the 80s it began.
From 1863-1912, mail could be delivered 7 days a week. In 1912, Sunday service stopped. That said, it is possible that some areas may not have been staffed for Saturday delivery, but I've never lived anywhere that did not have Saturday service.

Did everyone get the same color lipgloss?  I got Sparkle pink (hot pink) but saw there were 3 possible color choices?

Also does anyone have tips on using the loooong brush handle?  I like to get close to the mirror when I apply my makeup (I am still new to eye makeup) and feel like I am going to take out my eye using this thing!  But I love the color of the brush!  It towers over all my other ones!

Originally Posted by lauravee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did you get 02 last time? I love the gloss too, it's very fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I got 02 and was intimidated by how bright it is because I wear only nudes/light pinks. I read others comments and try it on. I love it so much that I went to eBay for the 01. I am glad I did and I don't mind them sending more colors in the future bags.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The post office has been running short-handed for years. They are strictly downsizing and don't hire anyone to replace retirees. The carriers have to work 6 days a week at least 10 hours a day in the summer. This is only going to get worse.

I got my first bag today and it was better than I expected. The gloss works for me and doesn't seem glittery or cheap looking. It's a nice MLBB color. I don't know any gloss that isn't sticky so that's normal. The brush seems soft but as posters said, it's too long and I don't understand the reason for that. Looking forward to giving the hair serum a try, but the shadow is a non-starter. I'm pretty happy with the polish color, and the bag will be traded or consigned. I'm hoping for more high-end products in the next few bags. 
If you're looking for high end, Glossy Box or Sample Society may be safer bets. I think Ipsy has the potential to send high end items, but it probably won't happen in a consistent manner.

I really liked my new glambag.. the bag itself is much better quality than the previous bags and I will even take it out with me tonight. Since many of you were talking about magnetic eyeshadow palettes, I thought I would share the ones I've made. These two are my favorite. I made the one on the left out of a manicure set case I got from walmart (about $2 I think) and the one on the right out of a purse-wallet. I just took everything out of them and stuck a magnetic paper on the bottom surface. I like the smaller one because of the cute colors and the mirror included (I placed the mirabella eye shadow inside) , but the bigger one fits everything I need (powder, bronzer, blush, highlighter and my favorite eyeshadows)! I also did this to an elf palette and now I can put anything I want inside.. I really like this one too because it looks very classy and sturdy!

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really liked my new glambag.. the bag itself is much better quality than the previous bags and I will even take it out with me tonight. Since many of you were talking about magnetic eyeshadow palettes, I thought I would share the ones I've made. These two are my favorite. I made the one on the left out of a manicure set case I got from walmart (about $2 I think) and the one on the right out of a purse-wallet. I just took everything out of them and stuck a magnetic paper on the bottom surface. I like the smaller one because of the cute colors and the mirror included (I placed the mirabella eye shadow inside) , but the bigger one fits everything I need (powder, bronzer, blush, highlighter and my favorite eyeshadows)! I also did this to an elf palette and now I can put anything I want inside.. I really like this one too because it looks very classy and sturdy!

So cute and clever!

Kind of disappointed in this month's polish. It chips like crazy. Last month's (I got the hot pink)

stayed on like glue. It is still the same matte finish, but this purple is like painting on colored 

water. 

I like the brush--I use it to apply shadow and it holds it quite well. The bristles are soft. I don't think

it is as good as ecotools.

To save the eye shadow, I dropped it down in a sample pot of Bare Minerals powder. I hadn't taken the 

tape off the sifter, so it doesn't get mixed with powder.

When did Saturday postal services begin? I remember as a kid there wasn't Saturday mail so I want to say sometime in the 80s it began.

From 1863-1912, mail could be delivered 7 days a week. In 1912, Sunday service stopped. That said, it is possible that some areas may not have been staffed for Saturday delivery, but I've never lived anywhere that did not have Saturday service.
Me neither. Mail used to be delivered twice a day too. Not sure when that ended, I'm thinking the early 60's.

bluelion Quote: If you're looking for high end, Glossy Box or Sample Society may be safer bets. I think Ipsy has the potential to send high end items, but it probably won't happen in a consistent manner.
I have Sample Society and its become my favorite. I would love to get Glossybox but the problems they had before still scare me. I consider Carol's Daughter to be fairly high-end, so even if there's only one or two in a box, that's ok by me. I think I was unclear when I said I was "hoping for more high-end products in the next bags." I meant that they should keep it up with what they're doing, not that I want Dior and Chanel from them next. Although I wouldn't complain about that.
laughno.gif
 Counting on big samples or even full-size products is a nice aspect of Myglam.  

Originally Posted by Eva Papoutsi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BRILLIANT!!! Thank you so much for sharing!

I just tried on the Jane glitter gloss. Besides that fake vanilla scent, I have to admit I really like it.

I tried to swatch it on my hand for a bit then find it very sticky, I guess that scares a lot of people off before even trying it on? I put a layer of lip balm under and it's not sticky at all.

Well, I've tried GlamBag/Ipsy for two months and cancelled.  Also cancelled Sample Society after one month last month.  I think if you've gotten a few of the boxes people have ooooed and ahhhhhed about and called the best ever and you still don't like them, the company's performing for a different audience.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think if you've gotten a few of the boxes people have ooooed and ahhhhhed about and called the best ever and you still don't like them, the company's performing for a different audience.
This is wise. Sometimes boxes/bags just aren't someone's preference. It's best to find what suits you and stick with that.

On the other hand, next month I may be whining.  "Oh, yeah - give hot-pink lipgloss and flourescent nail polish several months in a row and make me think you're preachin' to a younger choir, and then the minute I cancel start sendin' the stuff I reallyreally want!  REEEAL nice, The-Artist-Formerly-Known-As-MyGlam!" 
wink.gif

I definantly think Myglam/Ipsy caters toward a younger group. Granted, I haven't been impressed lately and I'm part of the under 20 crowd. There's only so much pink lip gloss I can handle. I'll be sticking around for the next few months to see how they change things up though.

Back