MyGlam: September 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if it was just the way my brush was packaged or what, but it's totally not dense at all. The bristles were semi folded since it was shoved into the envelope. The brush itself is soft, but doesn't really seem useable for me. It's just not compact enough and is way too long to fit into any of my makeup bags. I have yet to open and swatch the shadow pan. I don't really want to go to Target to purchase an elf palette (even though it's only $1), but have no other way of storing it. Having to buy another product to use/store one just irks me. I'm having mixed feelings about the bag. I think I'll be sticking it out one more month than deciding if I can cancel.
Im glad you said that B/c i wasn wondering how am i going to store this shadow which i actually like which irked me as well

Hi all. I'm new here but I am wondering if it is just me or if everyone got a shader crease brush instead of a smudge brush? I thought a smudge brush has that rubbery eraser feel.

I hope I have this happen lol - found this on MyGlam's facebook.

Did I win a give away this past month without notice? My bag arrived yesterday and there was a new in the box MAC lipgloss in it along with everything else. I checked the website and the forums and no one else has mentioned receiving one. I'm definitely not complaining, haha. Just confused. Thanks!
link: https://www.facebook.com/myglam/posts/420064154707578

Yea F the post office! Lol. I'm getting fed up--and not at MG/IPSY. I think the post offices are overwhelmed with all these monthly subs going around. They need to hire more people maybe
The post office has been running short-handed for years. They are strictly downsizing and don't hire anyone to replace retirees. The carriers have to work 6 days a week at least 10 hours a day in the summer. This is only going to get worse.

I got my first bag today and it was better than I expected. The gloss works for me and doesn't seem glittery or cheap looking. It's a nice MLBB color. I don't know any gloss that isn't sticky so that's normal. The brush seems soft but as posters said, it's too long and I don't understand the reason for that. Looking forward to giving the hair serum a try, but the shadow is a non-starter. I'm pretty happy with the polish color, and the bag will be traded or consigned. I'm hoping for more high-end products in the next few bags. 

I hope I have this happen lol - found this on MyGlam's facebook.

Quote: Did I win a give away this past month without notice? My bag arrived yesterday and there was a new in the box MAC lipgloss in it along with everything else. I checked the website and the forums and no one else has mentioned receiving one. I'm definitely not complaining, haha. Just confused. Thanks!

That's just weird. And now Ipsy is going to resolve it? Maybe she should have kept her mouth shut.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The post office has been running short-handed for years. They are strictly downsizing and don't hire anyone to replace retirees. The carriers have to work 6 days a week at least 10 hours a day in the summer. This is only going to get worse.
This is why so many folks are calling for privatization of the post office; it's no longer able to financially support itself, thus leading to cutbacks, thus leading to people using other methods, thus cutting profits, thus....vicious circle.

Originally Posted by Babs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi all. I'm new here but I am wondering if it is just me or if everyone got a shader crease brush instead of a smudge brush? I thought a smudge brush has that rubbery eraser feel.
Every smudge brush that I've gotten from every other company is a lot smaller and looks similar to this

(found image on google) and the brush I got looks more like a crease or shader brush and it's not very dense at all.

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: I hope I have this happen lol - found this on MyGlam's facebook.

Quote: Did I win a give away this past month without notice? My bag arrived yesterday and there was a new in the box MAC lipgloss in it along with everything else. I checked the website and the forums and no one else has mentioned receiving one. I'm definitely not complaining, haha. Just confused. Thanks!

That's just weird. And now Ipsy is going to resolve it? Maybe she should have kept her mouth shut.

I think by resolve they mean try to figure out why she got the MAC lip gloss.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My package and my eldest daughters bags from MyGlam came today and the smudge brushes are slightly different between the two bags. Mine is a darker pink brush with more compact bristles while her's is a lighter pink and the bristles are not as compact. The shape of her bristles are different as well. It's obvious these were not made at the same time and came from different production periods.
I have this soho brush that I got from walmart and the bristles are shorter and tightly packed on that brush. My myglam brush the bristles where longer and looser almost like the E.L.F blending brush but the handles where the same "go figure"

Quote: Originally Posted by Babs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Every smudge brush that I've gotten from every other company is a lot smaller and looks similar to this

(found image on google) and the brush I got looks more like a crease or shader brush and it's not very dense at all.

To me that's a true smudge brush but most companies are no longer making those or are now calling other types of brushes as smudge brushes. The brush that SOHO calls a Smudge Brush is indeed more of a crease or shader brush and you're right, it's not as dense as it should be if it's a smudge brush. I only own one other SOHO London product and it's their version of the Beauty Blender. I don't think I'll be buying other SOHO London products because of the quality of the brushes for me.

I have wanted to know how do you use thse brush I have one from a brush set that i got and i dont use it its so hard

My brush is wobbly where the metal fits over the wooden handle. I thought I could fix it by gluing it but the metal part is too big to fit snugly over the wooden part. I'm hoping my husband can fix it. I love the eyeshadow color! I like the gloss and bag too. My daughter's long hair is a good candidate for the split end repair so we are going to work it through her hair tonight after she takes a shower.

Thanks! That's what I thought to.

Originally Posted by Yolanda Horton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have wanted to know how do you use thse brush I have one from a brush set that i got and i dont use it its so hard
 I use the smudge brush (the one above not the one from SOHO ipsy) to soften eye liner pencils so it doesn't look as harsh. Or I line my bottom lash line from the middle to the outer corner with a pencil liner then use the smudge brush to drag it towards the inner corner for that more precise and gradiant effect. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Yolanda Horton /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I use it to line on the bottom. I use more of a "dotting" technique than just pulling the brush along the lash line.

Overall, the brush is just not good quality for me. It doesn't pick up the color very well and the brushes are definitely awkwardly uneven as if they weren't cut properly.

Still haven't gotten it.. I think I will actually wait until Monday actually and then I will contact them.. cause I really want the bag x.x I was really looking forward to it. 

Quote from a USPS website:  The USPS reported a net loss of $1.890 billion for the month of July 2012, brining the YTD loss to $13.539 billion! Most classes of mail, including First Class and Standard, continued to see decreased volumes, however Shipping Services saw continued dramatic gains. Total workhours were down slightly from SPLY

Quote: calexxia This is why so many folks are calling for privatization of the post office; it's no longer able to financially support itself, thus leading to cutbacks, thus leading to people using other methods, thus cutting profits, thus....vicious circle
It's true that a perfect storm of bad economy, online bill payment, increased fuel costs, clueless management, not getting enough of the cut when sharing delivery with other services, etc. have hit the PO hard, but in 2006 when Bush mandated that the USPS pre-fund 75 years of retiree health benefits in 10 years, (c'mon, like the PO will exist then), the PO started on the road to insolvency. 5.5 billion a year really cuts into the profits, and for the first time the PO started to lose money. The powers-that-be calling for privatization want to skim the cream off the top and forget about delivery to the boondocks, reasonable pricing or timely delivery. I'm slightly encouraged by the report of dramatic gains in parcel shipping-this is the direction the PO needs to go. But I don't have much hope. Continued office and hub closings, the end to Saturday delivery, curbside mail delivery-all these things have to happen, and will help accelerate the downward spiral. Enjoy your "free shipping" while you can. 

When did Saturday postal services begin? I remember as a kid there wasn't Saturday mail so I want to say sometime in the 80s it began.

I haven't gotten my glam either . It was supposed to be here Wednesday. It's stuck in Coppell,TX with my Birchbox !

Latest posts

Back