New Beauty Test Tube - November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Ann Tucci I agree, not the biggest fan of the haircare items but I guess I could always try to trade them. I have to say it is a lot of items and the sizes look good!!

my first box excited to try some of these products!  and yes i agree its a little heavy on the lotions/skin products, one makeup item or polish would have been nice.......

I'm kind of disappointed. I've been signing up for a lot of makeup subscription boxes lately and none of them have had any makeup in them. Just a bunch of hair care stuff I can't use because of the silicone and sulfates in them, lotions, serums, oils, a face mask, cleansing wipes, a candle? They're all quality products but not exactly what I signed up for.

@dawn767 my experience from NBTT has always been more lotions and face products so I loved the nail polish two tubes ago and the brush in the last one. Since the holiday season is coming up I appreciate the candle but I would have preferred a nice lipstick or polish or something. The hair products I am not excited about due to the ingredients. I can buy the brand in my local supermarket if I wanted to.

@Sunflowercake thanks for the insight on NBTT. I like it well enough and will probably keep it, but does anyone know of any other beauty subscription services that are more geared towards makeup?

The qvc version has more makeup. This version has always been less makeup.

@dawn767 that is the reson I also quit Glossybox, I liked the quality and size of NBTT better. Starlooks is makeup only from the Starlooks brand. I used to subscribe but quit that because of money resons. You can find threads with spoilers and see how you like it. Those are the only three boxes I can speak to after trying them out. If NBTT keeps bringing lotions and hair stuff only, I might have to cancel because that's a lot of lotion and hair stuff!

I actually like that this sub isn't too makeup heavy.  I have so many partially used lip products and never used eyeliners, eyeshadows, blush etc.  It's nice to have a sub that doesn't send so much makeup.  That's also why I adore Sample Society and PopSugar.  

I loved that it was a nice mix for the few last tubes. I don't mind just having one makeup related item such as the brush or the polish.

You know what's better than seeing it online?  Have it in my greedy little hands.  I want it soon!!

@Ann Tucci I will take all that off your hands! lol.. What sub boxes do you have that are sending all the makeup? I really want to sub to one more like that so I have a rounded set of boxes coming to me--one more geared towards makeup (?), one that's more lifestyle box (FFF, Popsugar), and one with "other" beauty products like lotions, hair, etc. (NBTT)

@junkiejk I'm right there with you!

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm kind of disappointed. I've been signing up for a lot of makeup subscription boxes lately and none of them have had any makeup in them. Just a bunch of hair care stuff I can't use because of the silicone and sulfates in them, lotions, serums, oils, a face mask, cleansing wipes, a candle? They're all quality products but not exactly what I signed up for.
Most of the subs out there with the exception of Wantable and a few that are make up only aren't makeup heavy. Ipsy usually has one or two makeup products, but BB, GB, Yuzen, Sample Society, etc., etc. usually have little if any makeup. To which have you subscribed?

So we are getting DOVE and VASELINE? I may be dropping this after two years of happiness.  I am really disappointed. May have to pick up QVC again, despite the Mally.

@nelliebelle1197 Yeah I know! I could pick up the full size version of those for a couple dollars at Walmart. You can also get Frizz-ease there even though it's not necessarily cheap.

I'm currently subscribed to FabFitFun, New Beauty Test Tube, and on Ipsy's never-ending wait-list.

I was subscribed to, but canceled Beauty Army.

I seriously looked into, but decided not to subscribe to Popsugar, Birchbox, BeautyBox5, and Sample Society.

Should I look into Wantable or Starbox?

@nelliebelle1197 I do agree, the brands are not exciting. I know I shouldn't complain but the $2 vaseline actually made me laugh (not greta round colleagues).

@dawn767 like I said, I did like the Starlooks box. i dropped it because i did not wnat makeup only. I prefer having a mix of items. They do send out a birthday box which honestly wasnt' that exciting for me but hey, it was an extra box and it seems like their shipping process goes smooth. The only thing I do not like is that you have to sign up before the first and by then no spoilers are out yet. However they did reveal that the December box will have the eyeshadow palette which seemed to be a great hit last year. Anyhow, there are threads from the last months where you can see what they sent out.

As far as NBTT goes I want to wait until I have it in my hads but I want to sit down and sort what I will use and what I will give away. If what i will use is still a good value I will keep NBTT otherwise I might kick it to the curb. I only wish they would ship already as they already charged.

I was actually excited about the Vaseline, lol. I can't find it in the stores around here. I'm excited for the lumene. They never have the BB in stock here so I'm hoping I get it in light! I love the skin care focus because I get so much makeup through Ipsy and my sephora addiction. I'm not super wow about the tube this month but I think I'll be happy with everything in it. I just wish billing and shipping didn't have such a long lapse in between.

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @Ann Tucci I will take all that off your hands! lol.. What sub boxes do you have that are sending all the makeup? I really want to sub to one more like that so I have a rounded set of boxes coming to me--one more geared towards makeup (?), one that's more lifestyle box (FFF, Popsugar), and one with "other" beauty products like lotions, hair, etc. (NBTT)

@junkiejk I'm right there with you!
Starbox (I dropped it because I was going to be overrun very quickly with makeup and needed to cut back) and Ipsy sends me a LOT of makeup items, at-least two,up to four or five makeup items every month.  

I usually trade a lot of my makeup items for other stuff like skin/hair care.  Glossybox is another one that sends a good mix of hair, makeup and skin care, but they can be hit or miss and the shipping is usually pretty unpredictable and slow.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Got my shipping e-mail!
Me too!!!

Yay this one looks great (to me...value at174$) Lumene looks cool, vaseline jar looks so cute, cant go wrong with stri vectin!......Im a sucker for the plastic bag with the foil samples? Am I greedy? But I love the little extras....have they always included those?  From what I have seen they have.....last month was my first month so just curious!!

Back