New Beauty Test Tube - November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by sparklesgirlxox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Loved your idea I copied you .. thanks for sharing !!! great  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I copied too!

chicago blonde - looks like your box is a happy mistake. I just did the cost breakdown and that is some expensive lotion! 

i got the strivectin-ev in another box before, and it REALLY is that expensive, when i saw it i was really surprised by the size - i knew it would be $$$!  

i honestly preferred sept's box but with this subscription for sure, and several others, you kind of need to just keep on subscribing to get the whole universe of stuff. that's what i think anyways. i love it and every time i get my NBTT i start fantasizing about the next box, before i barely have used any products!

would love to see other's uses of the tube - here's ours! it was entirely my daughter's idea, though i was enlisted in fire & sausage cutting.

I am really happy with my tube, but for the second tube in a row I got makeup too dark and I cannot use. My cc cream is in medium. Same issue with the powder last box. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I was disappointed with the same issue. I received a light but was hoping for a medium. They should have a subscriber profile so they have an idea what color to send. I was really hoping to try the medium cc cream. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've got to say the Lumene CC cream is my favorite from this box! It's the best cream foundation I've ever tried. I think once I run out I might get more.

I wish I could try it! I emailed them and suggested at least a foundation profile. Of course they don't offer to fix it... customer service is not the best. Oh well. 

Quote: Originally Posted by Jamie P /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wish I could try it! I emailed them and suggested at least a foundation profile. Of course they don't offer to fix it... customer service is not the best. Oh well.
They once changed something for me last spring .. they were very nice and told me to keep the item and just sent me a new one. Why don't you call them

Nah. If I can't solve it through an email it's done for me. I guess I feel that I shouldn't have to call a company to get a different response. 

@Jamie P a lot of times the people who reply to the emails won't have permission to do stuff like that. The customer service reps who man the phones will have more freedom to authorize requests. I'd give it a try. But you're right they should have a foundation profile. Why send medium foundation to light skinned people and vice versa when they could easily send the right shades out to begin with?

It's just not worth it to me to call. I have serious phone anxieties and won't call unless it's a serious issue. I won't even join a sub box that would make me call to cancel. 

@Jamie P maybe you could trade with the girl above who got light and wanted medium? I'd really try it. I wasn't sure how I'd like it but I am really loving it so far. It's got some really great coverage. I still need a tiny bit of concealer on my blemishes but not much....I can get away with dabbing a bit more on and it looks good. I might consider purchasing if my cvs carried it. ENABLER ALERT!!!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As for the glo code, I'm such a bad girl! I used my hubby's name and a separate card and HE picked up the camouflage concealer/corrector pallet for $3.22! He got an email saying it shipped yesterday and my order shipped Tuesday. And I'm dying to try out our samples of the pumpkin enzyme scrub and that powder cleanser. So, if anyone else can get past your guilt go for it! I used a different email address and credit card but same physical address. Hey, don't judge me!

Quote: Originally Posted by Reason /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just did this and got a gloss for a dollar with free shipping  Thanks for the heads up
Now it's not allowing free shipping.. it says it's 9 dollars :/

It's just not worth it to me to call. I have serious phone anxieties and won't call unless it's a serious issue. I won't even join a sub box that would make me call to cancel. 
Phone what? Over calling to request that they send you the correct shade for something you purchased? 

FWIW, I've called New Beauty a handful of times and they've always been friendly, helpful and very willing to answer my questions.  I wouldn't feel any anxiety over calling them over a CC cream. 

Phone what? Over calling to request that they send you the correct shade for something you purchased?  FWIW, I've called New Beauty a handful of times and they've always been friendly, helpful and very willing to answer my questions.  I wouldn't feel any anxiety over calling them over a CC cream. 
I actually have an anxiety disorder. It's not something you could understand unless you have it. It's not worth it to me to risk an anxiety attack over a cc cream. As for trading, I only trade via the trade forums. Above posters who wanted to trade both had only 1 forum post. Red flags for me.

I actually have an anxiety disorder. It's not something you could understand unless you have it. It's not worth it to me to risk an anxiety attack over a cc cream.

As for trading, I only trade via the trade forums. Above posters who wanted to trade both had only 1 forum post. Red flags for me.

Sorry Jamie, maybe you can gift it to someone during the upcoming holidays! I get tons of samples I can't use and I'm just hoarding them to give them away during xmas! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by v0ltagekid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Sorry Jamie, maybe you can gift it to someone during the upcoming holidays! I get tons of samples I can't use and I'm just hoarding them to give them away during xmas! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have a huge box of stuff :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm planning on making a makeup starter kit and sending it to someone who needs it... like a womans shelter or something.

@jamieP I'd be open for a trade if you would like. I am sad to see the product go to waste.

I wouldn't let someone being new to posting keep you from trading if he/she has an item that you want.  I already have traded a couple times with MUT members, and it's the sole reason why I finally stopped "lurking" and joined the site, as well as the reason that I started posting - my understanding is that they can't leave feedback for my trades until I have 10 posts on the site.  Anyway, I had no problem with sending out my item first and waiting until the person received it before she sent out mine.  The first person who I traded with sent me some extra samples with her trade.  I was totally not expecting that, and her thoughtfulness made my day.  I'm planning to pay it forward.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I have alot of sub boxes, and I really appreciate that I no longer have to feel disappointed when I get an item that I like but can't use because it's the wrong color, and like Jamie, I hate calling/emailing customer service.     

Quote: Originally Posted by dawn767 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  @Jamie P a lot of times the people who reply to the emails won't have permission to do stuff like that. The customer service reps who man the phones will have more freedom to authorize requests. I'd give it a try. But you're right they should have a foundation profile. Why send medium foundation to light skinned people and vice versa when they could easily send the right shades out to begin with?
I'm inclined to agree.  Email communication is easily ignored or mis-handled. Calling, in my opinion, give the sense of a 'real person' behind the call/request.  Worst they can say is no.

I am really happy with my tube, but for the second tube in a row I got makeup too dark and I cannot use. My cc cream is in medium. Same issue with the powder last box.
frown.gif

Hi Jamie P,

I traded my medium cc cream with one of the MUT'ers here who received the light color and wanted the medium.  I put the box in a medium sized manila envelope with a few packing peanuts, and the postage was only $1.69. 

If anyone is interested in trading a light CC cream for a medium, PM me. I'd be happy to mail it out! I went onto the GloProfessional site and used the code, but they are no longer offering free shipping. So sad about that!

Hey does anyone want to do a swap? I'm wanting to trade my Strivectin Cream for something else. It doesn't have to be from NBTT, it can be a sample from anything. I tried it one time and my skin reacted badly. I know it's a really expensive product so I'd like someone else to have it and enjoy it. I'm pretty open to any other product you might want to trade out.

Back