New Beauty Testtube - June 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY some movement. It went from Mechanicsburg, PA to Martinsburg, WV. I live in NY so this does not make sense. But whatever, I'm happy to see its finally moving.

Originally Posted by ydlr20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FINALLY some movement. It went from Mechanicsburg, PA to Martinsburg, WV. I live in NY so this does not make sense. But whatever, I'm happy to see its finally moving.
Me too.  And I'm also in NY.  My tube is scheduled for delivery next Wednesday.  About time!

So it looks like all of us from NY have the same delivery day and seem to be the last people to get our tubes

Originally Posted by mikaj8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

****SPOILER ALERT**** I received my test tube today and I received the following:

AHAVA 3in1 Mineral Toning Cleanser .85 fl oz

BAREMINERALS Moxie Lipgloss in Spark Plug (full size)

PHILOSOPHY One Sweet Love shower gel 1 fl oz

OJON Damage Reverse Conditioner 2 fl oz

Josie Maran Argan Oil .17 fl oz

BLISS body butter in lemon sage 1.7oz

HYDROXATONE 90 second wrinkle reducer (15 packets)

LUMENE vitamin C Radiant Day Cream .05fl oz

LIVING PROOF Full thickening mousse 1.9 oz

A plastic pouch with few deluxe samples in it

This was a previous QVC test tube last year. Luckily I skipped that one, so I didn't get the same tube twice. 
I received the same tube contents as mikaj8, above, and the following single-use bonus samples:

Colorescience Travel puff

Kate somerville Cytocell

Miracle skin transformer 

Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask Kit

Lumene SOS Cream

I was SO happy to receive the bonus samples, which came in a nice sturdy clear zipper makeup bag.  They made up for the two products that I won't use from the test tube: the LIVING PROOF Full thickening mouse and the brown lip gloss.

So, even though I have previously received six of the items in either test tubes or other beauty boxes, I am happy with the test tube this month.  I am looking forward to trying the AHAVA, the two Lumene samples, the Miracle skin transformer, the Kate somerville Cytocell cream, the Anti-Fatigue Eye Mask Kit, and even the Colorscience travel puff.  That's a lot of fun for $40.00.  Plus, I know I will enjoy using the other items.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised to see the book of beauty tips instead of the magazine, which usually goes right into the recycle bin.

I don't mind if they were cleaning out old samples this month, as long as they give new items next time.  So, I will stay around for another test tube and see how it goes.  I have discovered some awesome products through this service, and hope to continue to do so.

Got mine today-looks like the contents differ significantly from tube to tube

Wen Cleansing Conditioner-Winter Vanilla Mint-don't like Wen
Lumene Time Freeze Firming day Cream-think I got this before
Phyo Phytovolume Actif-I used to swear by this stuff.
Hydroxatone Instant Effect 90 second Wrinkle Reducer
Philosophy Full of Promise Restoring Cream
Smileactives Tooth-whitening Pen-got this before
Strong Nail System Moisturizer-got this before
Algenist Firming and lifting Cream-got this before but not complaining
Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle-got this before
bonus products:
Southy's Antiwrinkle Restructuring Serum-new to me as a brand
Babor Lifting Cream-new to me as a brand
Dr. Brandt's Dark Circles Away
Miracle Skin Transformer for the face-got this before

Lumene Sensitive Touch SOS Cream-no idea what this does

This is probably a good value for this tube, but it's mostly skin stuff. It does seem like they threw a bunch of odds and ends in the tube but targeted to skin treatment. I still think they need to clean up their website problems before I would resubscribe. I don't mind dupes as long as they're stuff I would use and need, but how do they know what I liked? The magazine is interesting since I'm a sucker for celeb nonsense.
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

bonus products:

This is probably a good value for this tube, but it's mostly skin stuff. It does seem like they threw a bunch of odds and ends in the tube but targeted to skin treatment. I still think they need to clean up their website problems before I would resubscribe. I don't mind dupes as long as they're stuff I would use and need, but how do they know what I liked? The magazine is interesting since I'm a sucker for celeb nonsense.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Wow. Your tube has a lot of different products! I like it!

If you don't mind, what are the sizes?

Thanks! Enjoy!

I finally got mine on Thursday.

My bonus samples differ a bit. I got:

- 1 oz Kerstin Florian foot lotion

- .16 oz Miracle Skin Transformer

- 1.3 oz Ahava Body Cream

- .14 oz Lumene SOS Cream

-  I also got some kind of bath oil to help you sleep, but it's in the closet in my bathroom, so I don't know the details.

bonus products:

icon_rolleyes.gif
Yours is WAY different from mine! I think the only thing we got that is the same is the SOS Cream!

The magazine is from 2011, so that's a bit of a letdown.

that tube not so bad I cancelled after the last one I just didn't like anything and thought it was not worth the money This one seems better though. I have way to many creams though  since I just got beautyfix too which has a ton of creams

Originally Posted by jackieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yours is WAY different from mine! I think the only thing we got that is the same is the SOS Cream!

Originally Posted by jackieee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2011?  What, are they cleaning out the warehouse instead of recycling?

bonus products:

icon_rolleyes.gif
I just got my tube, and I have all the same "main products".  My bonus products in the little pouch were:

Miracle Skin Transformer for Face

Kneipp Herbal Bath in Eucalyptus

Kerstin Florian Neroli Cleansing Milk

Babor HSR Lifting Cream

Lumene Sensitive Touch SOS Cream

Actually, I'm pretty happy with this tube. With 2 exceptions, all of these are new products for me.  Not sure why they sent some people an old QVC tube and others got this one. Although I'm satisfied with what I got, it does kind of seem like they were cleaning out their stock of samples this month. It will be interesting to see if they continue to send out different versions of the tube or if they'll go back to giving everybody the same one. Looking forward to the July tube!

Originally Posted by BuffaloBeautyQT /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my tube, and I have all the same "main products".  My bonus products in the little pouch were:

Miracle Skin Transformer for Face

Kneipp Herbal Bath in Eucalyptus

Kerstin Florian Neroli Cleansing Milk

Babor HSR Lifting Cream

Actually, I'm pretty happy with this tube. With 2 exceptions, all of these are new products for me.  Not sure why they sent some people an old QVC tube and others got this one. Although I'm satisfied with what I got, it does kind of seem like they were cleaning out their stock of samples this month. It will be interesting to see if they continue to send out different versions of the tube or if they'll go back to giving everybody the same one. Looking forward to the July tube!
I got the same tube as you and CheetahChirps did.

Except my Wen was in Pomegranate (yum) and instead of the Neroli Cleansing Milk bonus product I got the Sothy's Anti Wrinkle Restructuring Serum.

All in all I am MUCH happier with this tube than last tube!!!!

Oh and I am a huge fan of the Algenist Firming Cream, it's what I use all the time. And I was just running out of it, when it showed up in this tube!!!!

I finally order this sub earlier this month. I am wondering if I will get one in June or what, what are the months they are having a tube?

I got my tube today. My tube has some of the products already mentioned and some new ones I haven't seen. Here are the variations

Philosophy Full of Promise
Perfect Formula
Lumene Firming Day Cream
Phyto Phytovolume Actif
Laura Geller Waterproof Eye Spackle Pen
Wen Cleansing Conditioner
Smileactives Tooth Whitening Pen
Hydroxatone 90 Second wrinkle Reducer & InstantEffect
Algenist Firming Cream

Bonus Items:

Orlane Super-Moisturizing Concentrate Day and Night
Sothys Anti-wrinkle restructuring serum
Herbal Bath Eucalyptus
Miracle Skin Transformer

Originally Posted by Mary322 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I finally order this sub earlier this month. I am wondering if I will get one in June or what, what are the months they are having a tube?
I ordered mine last week. I got an e-mail right after that said that I will be getting a tube shipped in the next week or two but I have not heard since.I am familiar with the Glossybox website. Is there a way on the NewBeauty Testtube website where you can see when a tube is coming?

Originally Posted by LisaLeah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. Your tube has a lot of different products! I like it!

If you don't mind, what are the sizes?

Thanks! Enjoy!
Sorry, I've been away and wasn't able to answer your questions, but at least you have your tube now.
wink.gif
Glad you like it!

And good eye jakieee, I didn't realize the magazine is from 2011-it does sound like they're disposing of old stock. What with today's Cravebox announcement they're going under, I hope this doesn't mean bad things are in store for Test Tube also. They've been around a long time and I hate to see  any business fail. At least this tube was better than the last one for most people-Cravebox had been going steadily downhill.

Originally Posted by Sunflowercake /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I ordered mine last week. I got an e-mail right after that said that I will be getting a tube shipped in the next week or two but I have not heard since.I am familiar with the Glossybox website. Is there a way on the NewBeauty Testtube website where you can see when a tube is coming?
I didn't get any emails until the day it was delivered, and last time I checked, I can't access my account. I sincerely hope they fix that.

I didn't get any emails until the day it was delivered, and last time I checked, I can't access my account. I sincerely hope they fix that.
Hm so I guess I just wait and see? I am thinking I am getting the tube everyone else has been getting but maybe I am wrong and I am getting the one after, that would be in July then, right?

Yes your tube was different than mines. They are just recycling products left from previous tubs. 

No there is no way to see what tube is coming. This is suppose to be their upgraded site, but it is terrible. You can only see your account information and the status on the shipment. 

Back