Notoriously Morbid: Vanishing Cabinet (Spoilers!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@biancardi I totally get where you are coming from. The idea of wearing green blush gives me the heebie jeebies, but I think I would try it out just because it would be different. Plus, it could potentially be eye safe, and I would personally rock a pink eyeshadow with a green shift. But who knows what we will end up actually getting. I'm pretty excited to not know what is coming this month. I love the usual sneak peeks, but this month will be a fun Christmas/holiday surprise.

There's precedent for a greenish cast in non-eye face products:

I think that's one of the big reasons I'm jonesing for this to happen:  It's out there.  I just don't want to have to go out and buy it.  I want it to magically appear in my mailbox!

There's precedent for a greenish cast in non-eye face products:

I think that's one of the big reasons I'm jonesing for this to happen:  It's out there.  I just don't want to have to go out and buy it.  I want it to magically appear in my mailbox!
I have An East Wind is Coming! I got it to tone my other contouring powders I ordered from Shiro. I haven't actually tried it yet but I feel like I should now that we've talked about green face things! I'm excited for this month's VC, and not really getting any sneak peeks. I love getting the wild outlandish colors I wouldn't try otherwise!

I want to try it and hope that it would look good on me. If not, I'd say "oh well..." and just call myself Elphaba for the day. I have a weird name as it is, I'm sure people would barely notice. 

But, I don't want to try it enough to buy it. I'm with Meagan. Just come to me.

Question for the NM VC vets here.  When does the VC usually ship each month?  
I want to say two weeks after payment.  I was looking at my shipping notices from them, and I'm having a problem sorting out what was an order and what was a VC since they changed their shipping software, but two weeks seems approximately correct.

On Facebook she said she had hired someone to come in and pack up VCs next week.  I think she also stated the goal is to get all the BF orders out by 12/19.  I usually get my VC in the 20-25th range of the month usually about 3 days after I get shipping.

Hope that helps!

I want to try it and hope that it would look good on me. If not, I'd say "oh well..." and just call myself Elphaba for the day. I have a weird name as it is, I'm sure people would barely notice. 

But, I don't want to try it enough to buy it. I'm with Meagan. Just come to me.
Haha! This made me laugh until I snorted. Glad no one was around...

@@biancardi please don't feel that way, I think people were just giving their honest opinions. My aesthetic isn't @@meaganola's aesthetic, which isn't @@Shalott's aesthetic, which isn't @'s aesthetic. I'm not a moderator, but I believe all opinions are welcome. Please don't feel chased off.
So, so true. I will wear a lot (and I mean A LOT - NARS Exhibit A is one of my faves) of bold blushes, but one with green, even as just a flash? Pass. So please, @@biancardi, don't feel put out! I for one love all opinions, even if they don't agree with my own!

ETA: Oh gosh darn it you guys, why do I have to type like an infant while making an impassioned speech? I will forever be known as Queen of Edits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, so apparently I subscribed to this while in the hospital... while on morphine.. at 5 am. I knew I was on the waitlist, but I don't actually remember signing up. Now I'm worried about what else I may have bought.. hah. 

ETA: Oh, and a greenish blush sounds terrible to me. I hope it's not that. I guess if it is, I could wear it as an eyeshadow.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, so true. I will wear a lot (and I mean A LOT - NARS Exhibit A is one of my faves) of bold blushes, but one with green, even as just a flash? Pass. So please, @@biancardi, don't feel put out! I for one love all opinions, even if they don't agree with my own!

ETA: Oh gosh darn it you guys, why do I have to type like an infant while making an impassioned speech? I will forever be known as Queen of Edits.
Hahaha, me too. Always editing. 

Uh, so apparently I subscribed to this while in the hospital... while on morphine.. at 5 am. I knew I was on the waitlist, but I don't actually remember signing up. Now I'm worried about what else I may have bought.. hah. 

ETA: Oh, and a greenish blush sounds terrible to me. I hope it's not that. I guess if it is, I could wear it as an eyeshadow.
It's not, it was just an idea that people were throwing on here, but she confirmed on facebook that the blush has no green, lol. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Hahah guys, I wasn't envisioning a straight up GREEN blush anyway. I thought more of a like sparkles with green it in. Just making your face glow-y, not green eye'd monster.

And now, I am slightly sad there's NO GREEN BLUSH. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That was my vision as well: A nice pink or peach with an ever so slight green iridescence. Due to color theory, it might not even show up because the red in the blush or your cheeks might cancel it out.

I'm actually more concerned about the lipgloss!  I think the idea earlier of a bronzy-gold kind of "topcoat" would be awesome AND holiday appropriate, but I'm just so afraid it's going to be BROWN.  

But even if that happens, I'll either find a way to make it work, or give it to someone who will love it!  NM has never let me down yet! Helluva Lover and Cachtice are so amazing, and I can't wait to get my grabby hands on the Kiss & Tell and Sparkle Horse I ordered!  I'm sure Leatherface Lipgloss will be a happy part of that collection!

I don't know WTF is up with my PayPal - after the Halloween debacle, I've requested that it be frozen to all incoming and outgoing payments, but my VC was still charged - how is this possible? I've been working with the ladies to try and change my subscription to my hubby's PP account but, ehh, I don't know what is going on.

Latest posts

Back