Open Bag Discussion

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am thinking about taking your trade for the heart and key earrings. How much longer do you have on your bag? What are the trades like on the earrings?

Hey! I've got the Betsey Johnson 2 row flower necklace in yellow/black $48 and it's the last thing I'm trying to trade for. If anyone on here wants to shoot me an offer for it, feel free. I'm not looking for anything in particular but I would like to keep the trade within the same price range. Let me know if you are interested.

Originally Posted by prettykittyjl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just started a new bag with the Eiffel tower necklace. Items in My Bag (4)

juk_eiffel_tower_necklace_gld_2894_001_105.jpg

JUKO

Eiffel Tower Necklace

RETAIL

Now viewing
(60)
sm_square_frame_sunglasses_brn_3608_001_105.jpg

Steve Madden

Square Frame Sunglasses

RETAIL

View trade offers
(30)
bcbg_heart_bracelet_gld_4341_001_105.jpg

BCBGeneration

Heart Bracelet

RETAIL

View trade offers
(69)
bsj_bk_wt_gingham_pearl_yellow_flower_earring_4972_001_105.jpg

Betsey Johnson

Gingham Pearl & Flower Earrings

RETAIL

View trade offers
(50)

Would you be willing to trade the BCBG bracelet for the Kenneth Cole four row stone bracelet ($40 value)?

Originally Posted by KellyKaye /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My index finger is almost a 7 and the ring fits perfectly on that finger. On my ring finger it's a little loose and slides left/right. But, I really love it and the orange enamel ring in particular is going to look awesome with the KJL elephant necklace!
Awesome - thanks Kelly!

Hey! I've got the Betsey Johnson 2 row flower necklace in yellow/black $48 and it's the last thing I'm trying to trade for. If anyone on here wants to shoot me an offer for it, feel free. I'm not looking for anything in particular but I would like to keep the trade within the same price range.

Let me know if you are interested.
Hi Kelly -

I just sent you a two item offer ( Zag chevron earrings and Robert Rose Orange beaded necklace - $44.00 total) from Beth G.  if you are interested.  If not that's okay.  I've been trying to get a Betsey piece, but haven't had any luck yet.

Hi Kelly - I just sent you a two item offer ( Zag chevron earrings and Robert Rose Orange beaded necklace - $44.00 total) from Beth G.  if you are interested.  If not that's okay.  I've been trying to get a Betsey piece, but haven't had any luck yet.
Hey Beth! Im gonna have to pass on your offer, thank you though. I would have gone for except my cousin just got back from Africa (he was on a mission there) and he got me a ton of beaded necklaces. Thanks again.

Originally Posted by bloo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have to say that I've learned to stay away from certain brands. I received one Nila bag and it still smells as well. Sucky thing too is I wanted it to carry my huge laptop, but it doesn't open wide enough for it to fit, so I feel it was a bit of a waste to get it. I traded a steve madden woven satchel for it and another item too. So glad those bags came back and I snagged one. So in love with it. Which is this Harajuku bag your husband loves? But ya staying away from Nila bags now. I also got a street level bag that has a huge rip in the lining. LBB made it right, but I just feel the quality isn't there for their prices even tho I did get one of the little color block bags they had (the orange and pink one). It's cute and didn't come defective, had a bit of a smell tho. So unless it's a bag I just love I will stay away from them too.

I love Big Buddha bags as well. I got a black ruffle one a few months back and it's my main bag now. Though I really do want to switch it out for the SM Woven, but I'll wait. Also getting one of the BB puffy totes tomorrow :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. So Big Buddha is great by me. I also love BCBG, Deux Lux and Steve Madden bags.

I have a question for you girls tho. I'm going on a trip in August and trying to think of the one bag I want to bring with me, tho I might also bring one of my Dues Lux wristlets just in case. I would probably be carrying it on the plane with me along with the blue fydelity back pack I also got from LBB to hold my laptop and other gear on the plane. So I was thinking between these three:

BCBG color block shoulder bag in yellow/green: http://www.littleblackbag.com/product/details/3678/bcbgeneration-color-block-shoulder-bag

MMS Design Studio Color block crossbody in teal: http://www.littleblackbag.com/product/details/2306/mms-design-studio-color-block-crossbody

Or the Steve Madden Woven Satchel: http://www.littleblackbag.com/product/details/2110/steve-madden-woven-satchel

My trip is to California if that makes any difference. I do love the SM but thinking maybe it's to big for a trip, but would be helpful to carry more things on the plane.
From pictures I've seen, I say the MMS bag. It looks like it has a lot of compartments and pockets for organizing and is a decent size. But if you do plan to carry a lot of stuff, then Madden.

Hey Beth! Im gonna have to pass on your offer, thank you though. I would have gone for except my cousin just got back from Africa (he was on a mission there) and he got me a ton of beaded necklaces. Thanks again.
No problem, If I have anything else to offer and you still have the necklace I'll send a different offer at a later time.

My bag closes in a few hrs. I'd really love to finish with either the mosaic bag or the Betsey heart wristlet in there. This is what I'm workin' with

I have the robert rose flat top ring if anyone else wants to trade a diffrent style or any other offers up to value!

Originally Posted by Fashionb /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi Kelly -

I just sent you a two item offer ( Zag chevron earrings and Robert Rose Orange beaded necklace - $44.00 total) from Beth G.  if you are interested.  If not that's okay.  I've been trying to get a Betsey piece, but haven't had any luck yet.
Beth, leave that trade out there, you may get the trade anyway. I had that Betsey necklace and it's one of the few that isn't trading well. So if you want it, trade for it, if you are hoping to use it to trade up, then cancel your offer.

Originally Posted by Delicia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My bag closes in a few hrs. I'd really love to finish with either the mosaic bag or the Betsey heart wristlet in there. This is what I'm workin' with

Did you try one of the glasses and the juko bracelet for the Mosaic? Most of the time you have to offer higher than the value of the bag you want, but you have really good stuff to trade with, so an even trade should get you the bag. Ooorrrrr...if you are feeling "meh" about the wallet, offer that with sunglasses or the juko and they will be all over it in minutes. Those wallets are highly coveted.

Yep, I have a trade out right now with the juko and glasses on a mosaic, and actually several bags around that range hoping that any takers will get me to that mosaic in time lol, but no bites. I thought the same as you- getting to some of those items took quite a lot of work, I have offers all over the map on that Juko, I think only 1 or 2 must be left, but getting any takers on the 2fers just hasn't been happening for me in the last 2 days.

There is still time! I'm still keeping my bets on haha

Yep, I have a trade out right now with the juko and glasses on a mosaic, and actually several bags around that range hoping that any takers will get me to that mosaic in time lol, but no bites. I thought the same as you- getting to some of those items took quite a lot of work, I have offers all over the map on that Juko, I think only 1 or 2 must be left, but getting any takers on the 2fers just hasn't been happening for me in the last 2 days.

There is still time! I'm still keeping my bets on haha
You really do need time to get a bag. I bet if you check your offers that they haven't passed on it. It's hard to give up a bag because you may not get it back. So unless you offer something they are dying for, or it's so far over the value that they can't say "no", then you have to give them time to mull it over. I do think someone will give up the Mosaic for that trade eventually though.

If you get any nice offers for the juko or the glasses you are using to trade, take it and then use that to try again. But beware you don't get untradeable garbage for them! Send out trade offers on the juko for nice things in the $45-50 range, not untradeable garbage! lol

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You really do need time to get a bag. I bet if you check your offers that they haven't passed on it. It's hard to give up a bag because you may not get it back. So unless you offer something they are dying for, or it's so far over the value that they can't say "no", then you have to give them time to mull it over. I do think someone will give up the Mosaic for that trade eventually though.

If you get any nice offers for the juko or the glasses you are using to trade, take it and then use that to try again. But beware you don't get untradeable garbage for them! Send out trade offers on the juko for nice things in the $45-50 range, not untradeable garbage! lol
lol "untradable garbage" I think everyone builds up a mental black list over time. So true

lol "untradable garbage" I think everyone builds up a mental black list over time. So true
Yup, if you watch the news feed, you eventually see what holds it's value (even trades mostly), what trades up, and what only trades down and sometimes waaaay down (a lot of Ben Amun with only a couple of exceptions).

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beth, leave that trade out there, you may get the trade anyway. I had that Betsey necklace and it's one of the few that isn't trading well. So if you want it, trade for it, if you are hoping to use it to trade up, then cancel your offer.
Thanks Donna.  I'll keep my offer out there, I was just hoping to get a cute whimsical piece this bag and Betsey Johnson seems to be the way to go.

Back