Perfume you wore in your younger years..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by swibby28 I remember wearing Exclamation. My mother hated it. One time she grounded me for putting on two squirts instead of one!! When I got to high school, my favorite was Chloe Narcisse. I lived in that stuff!!! Now, I get crazy flashbacks whenever I smell it and I remember my unhappiness from high school. My best friend in high school wore Sunflowers, and that reminds me of my happy times!!! Funny that.sarah
icon_wink.gif

It is funny how scents remind you of things. Like I can smell a scent and it turns my nose just b/c I remember some girl I despised in high school, only b/c she always wore is why I remember. When I visit my grandpa, he has Aramis cologne, everytime I go I have to open it, and take a huge whiff. That was what my dad always wore, it is comforting to me and makes me remember him. I actually have thought of buying a bottle myself just to sniff when I miss him. And Tommy for men, which actually is not a bad scent, I cannot stand to smell it, b/c an absolutely horrible ex wore it all the time, so it just makes me turn my nose, even though this was like 10 years ago I dated him. I am glad my bf doesnt wear it, lol.

I wore Gucci Rush as a teen???? Can you believe it. I smelled it in Vogue magazine and begged my grandma to buy it for me. I felt so sexy and grown-up when I wore it. It is like pure patchouli! After a while I switched because I felt like I smelled like a Hippie.

The next one I wore was Estee Lauder Pleasure. The only reason I wore it was because my BF bought it for me and really liked it.

Now I wear a few. Marc Jacobs is my ultimate fave. I rotate that with Maybe Baby and Escada Magnetism.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire My fave perfume when I was a preteen/teen was Navy. And, I gotta admit, I still like smelling it today although I really don't wear it.
I also liked Lady Stetson, and I can remember when my friend and I were all about Love's Baby Soft, White Musk and, of course, Exclamation! LOL

What did you wear, and do you like it now?
smile.gif

Lady Stetson, Diamonds, Jean Nate. Jean Nate smelled so soft.Right now, I enjoy NATURAL MUST. Just kidding. I like Happy, by Clinique. I like soft smells.

Originally Posted by oobladi I was in love with Liz Claiborne in the triangle shaped bottle. I did occasionally wear white shoulders too. YES! And, I can't spell it, but the commerical said, "I can bring home the bacon...Fry it up in a pan...And never, never, never, let u forget u're a man, cuz I'm a WOMAN! *********(However u spell the name)Tann

Baby powder and fruity scents as a kid and teen girl oh don't let me forget fragrance imposters, like Primo! haha Calgon Melon Ice body splash (spray) when I was 15/17 something like that. At about 18 and up I think it was trial and error whatever was affordable yet I loved the model in the ad (She by Revlon with Halle Berry as the spokesmodel remember? ) then (still 18 and throughout adult teen years) it was Peach Soft Musk by Avon, which is now d/c. Actually they all are now as far as I know. I also experimented with that yellow Hawaiian smell from Calgon, that smelled like candy but eventually I found to be cloying. take care, good topic btw

Exclamation

Fire & Ice

Vanilla Fields

Tribe ( I think thats what it was called)

& What ever that debbie gibson one was.

The first perfumes I ever wore were Avon ones cuz my grandma sold Avon. I loved Sweet Honesty, but the rest, I could agree they smelled likes crap. Bwahhh. Avon perfumes have actually gotten better now. I have 1 Avon perfume only, but I've smelled many of them and I'm considering buying them. They smell gorgeous. lol. Times change.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I had a solid avon perfume! I think it was in a bracelet!! I also wore (age progression applies here):

tinkerbell

love's baby soft (mock me if you must, but I bet I might actually still like this one)

Rive gauche (no idea what this smelled like)

blue jeans (ditto)

obsession (not a bad smell but over used and overdone)

EL Beautiful (gross!)

vanilla oil (also pretty gross, unless you find a good one that you layer--sparingly--with something else)

Lauren (still like this one; don't judge me!
icon_rolleyes.gif
)

Chanel no 5 (still nice)

Opium (only a dab'll do ya!)

I'm looking for new perfumes now. I was liking some ginger grapefruit smelling stuff from Origins but it didn't last. Ditto for Philosophy Falling in Love.

Oh boy poisson was horrendous!

The first purfume I remember wearing was my older sisters leftover Navy. After highschool I started wearing Dolce and Gabbana Feminine (bought at the Heathrow airport in London for wayyy cheap), and now Curious from Britney Spears. As silly as she is, the purfume is great!

When i was younger, my fav perfume was pheremone.
scared.gif
I can honestly say there won't be any reruns of that!
laughno.gif

I looooved Vanilla Fields, and still enjoy the smell! Oh wow! I also remember wearing "Oui" and "Madly" - but smelling those two now, ew! Haha they aren't awesome!

How funny is this? I used to wear "EXCLAMATION" from like a Payless drugtore. I should go see if it still smells good now. I used to buy also the body spray 'MALIBU MUSK" lOL!

i wear halston and philosophy's clean scent. i'm not as into perfume/cologne as i am with mu

I also rocked Exclamation and just loooved Malibu Musk! I think I also wore those awful aerosol-canned designer imposter monstrosities!!!!

Back