Perfume you wore in your younger years..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my preteen years I wore whatever fragrance my mother had on her dresser (youth dew, l'air du temps, opium). Imagine a kid wearing such heady fragrances, but this was before they started really marketing to tweens. There was love's baby soft but that was pretty much it. I also wore the Avon samples my godmother gave me-soft musk. In high school (still borrowing from mom) I wore obsession. Then i got my own bottle of beautiful which is cannot bear to smell now. I also wore realities in high school. In college i wore Tribu, which I have not seen in a while.

Girls, Girls, Girls!!! ROTFLMAO!! YOU ALL WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST DID.....

I just went on E-Bay and purchased a s**tload of.......SWEET HONESTY!!!

Anybody remember SWEET HONESTY??? The Avon fragrance??

Well, I was born in 1964, and when I saw an old Sweet Honesty ad....

Gonna try it, never really liked it even when I was young..just for the Nostalgia Factor.

I also used to put on enough WHITE SHOULDERS until I was smellin' like a

Fancy Woman.

Loved them all, but no, I now like about 3 different perfumes, which I rotate.

Sooo mature and sooo boring!

P.S. even though my ident. says Switzerland, I am an American chick in Switzerland ( I go back and forth), so I know both the U.S. and European brands...and luckily get to benefit from both!

icon_smile.gif
Welcome to Mut Elisabeth!

Originally Posted by Elisabeth Girls, Girls, Girls!!! ROTFLMAO!! YOU ALL WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST DID.....I just went on E-Bay and purchased a s**tload of.......SWEET HONESTY!!!

Anybody remember SWEET HONESTY??? The Avon fragrance??

Well, I was born in 1964, and when I saw an old Sweet Honesty ad....

Gonna try it, never really liked it even when I was young..just for the Nostalgia Factor.

I also used to put on enough WHITE SHOULDERS until I was smellin' like a

Fancy Woman.

Loved them all, but no, I now like about 3 different perfumes, which I rotate.

Sooo mature and sooo boring!

P.S. even though my ident. says Switzerland, I am an American chick in Switzerland ( I go back and forth), so I know both the U.S. and European brands...and luckily get to benefit from both!

Originally Posted by Elisabeth Girls, Girls, Girls!!! ROTFLMAO!! YOU ALL WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I JUST DID.....I just went on E-Bay and purchased a s**tload of.......SWEET HONESTY!!!

Oh, nooo you didn't!!! LOL!! I remember that stuff! My gramma used to get a lot of Avon fragrances and when I stayed over I remember dabbing this on before church. If I remember correctly, didn't Avon package their perfumes in these funky-looking bottles? Gramma had some that looked like red and green Christmas ornaments. So cool.

Originally Posted by KittySkyfish Oh, nooo you didn't!!! LOL!! I remember that stuff! My gramma used to get a lot of Avon fragrances and when I stayed over I remember dabbing this on before church. If I remember correctly, didn't Avon package their perfumes in these funky-looking bottles? Gramma had some that looked like red and green Christmas ornaments. So cool. Yes, KittySkyfish, they did and and some collectors still have them. If you go to E-Bay you'll see all kinds of stuff. They have these WEIRD White Poodle decanters, Christmas ornament decanters,etc. And one of their official "models" at the time was Pam Dawber!! (Pam later went on to play Mindy in Mork&Mindy the T.V. Series). That's how "in" this stuff was. However, Since Avon has not produced this stuff since, like, 1978, I have Absolutely No Idea how this stuff is going to smell when I get it. Or for that matter, how (why, wherefore) all these folks on E-Bay have been storing it? In their attacs? Ewwww....Be afraid..Be very afraid...

Later, Elisabeth

My first fragrance, many, many years ago, was Youth Dew by Estee Lauder and yes they still make it!

I was in love with Liz Claiborne in the triangle shaped bottle. I did occasionally wear white shoulders too.

Well I am still a teenager, but as a preteen/young teen I wore Exclamation! Blush (blech..) and whatever Bonus Time samples of Clinique Happy my mom would give me. Now I use Abercrombie for when I want a clean fresh scent and Escada Island Kiss otherwise (still looking for a good full-sized bottle).

Hey there......Laura.....LUV YA!
icon_smile.gif

Anyways, I wore Exclamation!, Luvs Baby Soft, and my moms Soft Musk by Avon. Man, I wanted to smell sooooooo sexy when I was in high school, but if I could go back now and smell myself, OOOUUUUHHHH yuk! I cannot for the life of me think of the other perfume I used to wear alot, but I know those two.

My first perfume was Charlie by Revlon when I was at highschool.... then Kiku (soft and pretty) and Styx ( heavy!) and Musk ( any brand!) Adored Avon Sweet Honesty in mid 70s too.

I used to like Chimere ( Prince Matchabelli) and Shalimar ( still love Shalimar) and Opium in the late 70's, early 80's and then when Poison and Georgio came out in the mid 80's I wore those but find them overwhelming now!

Ooh! I used to have everything in the Estee Lauder White Linen range in the early 80's ....even a wash for your "delicates" ( wow I was sucked in).

Really takes you back to smell things from when you were a teenager.. love that feeling..

Laura- I used to wear Charlie too! I had charlie red (my fave!), charlie white and charlie silver. I thought i was very sophisticated wearing them! (how deluded was I?!)
icon_lol.gif

I always wore the body shop's 'dewberry.' God, i used to drown myself in the stuff-good job i didn't go near any naked flames!!!!!!!!!!
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Does anybody remember 'tribe' perfume? It was in a purple and pink bottle, and i think it was by coty. You could pick it up almost anywhere for a few pounds. I still love the smell now!
icon_redface.gif

I also loved pinching my aunties 'Lulu' perfume, which i thought was THE perfume you wore when you were all grown up and going out to parties.........
icon_eek.gif
icon_redface.gif

I remember wearing Exclamation. My mother hated it. One time she grounded me for putting on two squirts instead of one!! When I got to high school, my favorite was Chloe Narcisse. I lived in that stuff!!! Now, I get crazy flashbacks whenever I smell it and I remember my unhappiness from high school. My best friend in high school wore Sunflowers, and that reminds me of my happy times!!! Funny that.

sarah
icon_wink.gif

Ahhhh the good old days lol.. I wore these

Skin Musk

Coty's Musk

Charlie

Sweet Honesty Avon

Jean Nate

I use to also sneak a spray of my mom's Estee.
smile.gif

Opuim when I was 16 and woked in cosmetics and then there was no stopping from there. :icon_love

Back