Perfume you wore in your younger years..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Early teens it was Love's Baby Soft and Charlie by Revlon

Late teens it was Oscar de la Renta and Crabtree & Evelyn's Gardenia

20's was CK1, I did everything but drink that stuff!!! and Roots Uniscent

I still love the unisex scents!

lol! yep, im back and mostly well.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by glamslam Woah, you are back!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've been wondering about you...
Yeah this has been a long thread! Also...What are Your HG/Fave Skincare...Word Association Game...The Or Game...What's in Your Shower...We have so many new members all the time, they just won't die!
tongue.gif

I wonder if our perfumes show our ages, lol. I used to where Enjoli. Loved it. A few years ago my cousin asked me if I still wore that perfume that smelled like Playdough. She was talking about the Enjoli. I also wore Charlie, Avon's Cottilion, Avon Soft Musk, Jean Nate and probrably a few others as well. Now I wear Victoria Secret Heavenly and White Diamonds Perfume by Elizabeth Taylor. Recently I got a sample of DKNY Be Delicous Lotion. I thought that smelled wonderful, but boy is it out of my price range. Gotta wait for a special occaision and hit dh up for that one.

my first scent was loves baby soft as well. my mother started me off on that, she said that should be a girls first perfume. she got lucky because i liked it even tough she picked it out.

Good thread! I'm trying to remember most of my old scents...

Adolescence: Vanderbilt, Jean Nate splash, something heather scented that was made by Village Naturals (came in a plastic tube with a fabric touch-point), Love's Baby Soft and Love's Rain, Coty Musk

Teen years: Lou Lou by Cacharel, Colors by Benetton, Calyx by Prescriptives, Obsession. I remember back when I was 15ish there was no such thing as Victoria's Secret, B&BW and you couldn't find sweet or foody body-scented lotions etc in the drugstore. When a local trendy boutique started making custom-scented lotions, I was in HEAVEN when I had my first strawberry-scented lotion!!

20's: Amarige, Sunflowers, Gap Grass, Angel, (early 20's - lots of Victoria's Secret body lotion or B&BW). I remember dousing myself with an B&BW apple scent!!! Gaaah!!

i used to wear sunflower i bought it from a drugstore, i still see to this day , and im like damn i want that again! but then i never get it
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Early teens : nina ricci , the entire exclamation line ( you know exclamation eau , ex.blush, ex. dare etc)

Mid teens : anais anais ( hate the smell now), poison , cachet

now : anything by chanel and bora bora by liz clairborne

OKAY, Loves Baby Soft, some avon cheap-whXXish smellin stuff and seems like "Babe" by faberge was another one.

I wore "Loves Lemon" or something. Also wore Windsong and Charlie. In my 20's I wore Opium constantly but now like lighter fragrances

I think I was in middle school when I wore Love's Baby Soft, Electric Youth, Night Rhythms, Exclamation, you had to wear them in order to be cool. I still remember the songs in the ads, the Electric Youth song Debbie Gibson sang has been going through my head the whole time I have been reading this thread. And "I can feel the rhythm of the night...." for Night Rhythms.
icon_lol.gif

I don't remember wearing anything much in high school, but as someone mentioned, strawberry oil was BIG. And it was disgusting to me even then! Musks were also popular and very strong ones at that. After high school, I hit on Pierre Cardin for women. I never knew anyone else that used it and I guess it hasn't been made in years. I loved it and it was my "signature fragrance" for several years. Ever since I have used a variety. I suspect that I would still like Pierre Cardin, if I could find it. As I recall, it was a fairly woodsy scent. I wasn't into florals yet, in fact I always liked to try men's scents at the store. Never bought one though.

Charlie, Windsong, White Shoulders, White Linen, Obsession, and Halston. I was determined to smell like an old woman!! Stetson was appealing but I never bought it. LOL Now I like L'Air du Temps by Nina Ricci but I rarely wear cologne. I prefer a lightly scented fragrant lotion.

Oh my! I remember Love's Baby Soft! I also remember them having a promotional special where they gave away pink sleep shirts, it was back in the 19......*cough*......but I digress....As a teen I wore Night Musk, yeah, I know.

My first perfume was a men's perfume
icon_redface.gif
It was Dior's Fahrenheit. My parents had bought a boxed set of Dior's miniatures and my sisters and I got to pick one each. I got hooked on Fahrenheit's watermelony smell.

Wow In my teen years for some odd Reason I was obsessed with Far Away from Avon...The other Ones I use to wear alot to was Navy, Jovan Musk for woman and Lady Stetson....

When I was able to get into my mother's Stash I used to wear White Diamonds and Tresor (I love tresor)

oh my gosh, such memories. i wore charlie(reg.and the white one),sunflowers, the body sprays that were like the real things.and the baby soft one. some more but can't think of them right now.

Oh, man, what DIDN'T I try! Most of the ones I used to wear would make me sick to my stomach now. Among my old faves: Love's Baby Soft, Sophia, Lady Stetson, Jessica McClintock, Candid, Odyssey, some other real "powdery" smelling Avon fragrance whose name escapes me now.... Many, many, many scents!

Back