Perfume you wore in your younger years..

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi you lot!! i remember going through a dewberry phase from the body shop - yuk , also charlie, beautiful , anais anais ,are he ones i remember.

What a smelly bunch we was
eek.gif
LOL!!

Oh my gosh!! I had Electric youth, exclamation, and loves baby soft. I also wore that Gloria Vanderbilt one with the swan cause my mom wore it and of course I wanted to be jsut like her! In high school I wore Gap Heaven, everyone knew that was my scent. I think I was like one of the first ones to discover it at my school (I had a small high school). Anyway, I was in Gap the other day and saw it. I picked it up to smell it and remember when. As soon as I smelled it, it took me right back, so I HAD to buy it. Funny how you smell something and it immediately makes you remember little things!

Originally Posted by lioness Hi you lot!! i remember going through a dewberry phase from the body shop - yuk I remember the dewberry phase too. You used to be able to tell how rich people were by whether they're dewberry body spray was from Boots Natural collection or the Body Shop. I remember my best friend wearing a perfume called So?. I used to wear GAP Dream, I still like the smell but it brings back bad memories.

I had a fondness for my moms scent, Lauren, mostly because I LOVED the bottle. It seemed very womanly and seductive to me. As far as my own scent, the first one I really wore was a peach oil by the body shop. I think I smelled like peach candy every day of junior high.

Nina Ricci Les Belles de Ricci Liberty Fizz i wore that from about the age of 10 and then i moved onto ralph - by ralph lauren when i was 14

still love the smell of it:icon_love

I was another Love's Baby Soft wearer. Then got into some of the Gap scents. Now into Angel and Origins's Ginger.

i used to wear estee lauder sunflowers a lot too. and when i smell it, it reminds me of starting catholic high school and field hockey!

i never had electric youth, but my friend did and i thought she was cool for having it! haha! it had that cool hot pink spiral thing on it. i had love's baby soft and love's rain and lemon when i was in 6th grade i think.

my first boyfriend wore CK One!! i know it was supposed to be all "unisex" and all, but i always thought he was sort of a sissy for wearing it.

Everyone (girls AND boys) in my middle school wore CK One including myself.. so everyone smelled the same!
icon_smile.gif

I remember my first perfume had Minnie Mouse as the stopper...can't remember what it was called, but I thought I was so mature wearing it, and I was only 7. I wish I still had it so I could smell it, but I think it was powdery and cloyingly floral. Then I remember Sunflowers...ugh, I can't believe I wore that stuff. And I remember Charlie, but I never bought it, along with those silly commercials. In Junior high, everyone and their mother's cousin's friend's daughter wore Clinique Happy. My older sisters had bottles of it, and i would take the mini bottles they got at gift time and use it. I found one recently and that stuff REEKS on me. I've smelled it on other people, and it smells nice, so it must be just me. I also remember when Bonne Bell had a line of perfumes called Bottled Emotion, and I had a purple one called 'Funky'. I'm still in high school, and it seems like everyone wears American Eagle Aura, Hollister, Clinique Happy (ugh STILL), or Victoria's Secret or BBW sprays. As of now, I really like Hollister August, Gap So Pink, Clinique Happy Heart, Marc Jacobs for Women, Abercrombie and Fitch, Abercrombie 8, and Burberry Weekend. And Burberry Brit is on my wishlist.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
And I can always tell when people are wearing my mothers favorite (Estee Lauder Pleasures, but she also wore Shalimar) and my Dad's (Gucci Rush, but I've got him into Marc Jacobs for Men, which I LOVE...)

i don't remember , but i was great reading about all the old smells and remembering how grown up it felt to wear perfume
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by meg1959 Cachet...waves to Kim!
Charlie

Love's Baby Soft, and I think they had a lemon scented version too

Blue Jeans

a solid perfume, I think it was "Grass," smelled like newly-mown hay if I remember correctly

a green apple scent that came in an apple shaped bottle, perfume was acid green....took hours to wear off

Meg

I loved Love's Baby Soft!! I had a set I got for Chirstmas once and it had like 5 different scents and they were each a different color. The blue one was my fav, but I can't remember the name of it now. Oh, and I still like the baby soft but don't ever wear it.

Originally Posted by melzie_fire My fave perfume when I was a preteen/teen was Navy. And, I gotta admit, I still like smelling it today although I really don't wear it.
I also liked Lady Stetson, and I can remember when my friend and I were all about Love's Baby Soft, White Musk and, of course, Exclamation! LOL

What did you wear, and do you like it now?
smile.gif

This post is hysterical, ooh all the memories...

I remember when my aunt used to buy me the roll on perfumes when I was just a little girl, they looked like little lip glosses, she also used to buy me the little pins from avon that you would open and little perfume would be inside, god awful scented perfume, but the pins were always cute (dinasours, lady bugs, frogs)

High school was:

1. Sunflowers

2. Lady Stetson

3. Electric Youth

4. Vanilla Fields

5. Loves Baby Soft

And whatever else the drugstore sold that I worked at.

When I was in my 20's I used

Escape

Liz Claiborne

Liz Claiborne Realities

Etc...

My first perfume was Anais Anais by Cacharel. After that I started collecting perfumes that I liked in my 20's so I still get it for my collection whenever I finish a bottle.

I think I started with Loves baby soft then went on to exclamation but my mom said it was way too strong and hid the bottle from me.
icon_redface.gif
Then I really liked Navy! Then as a senior I was addicted to Victoria's Secret Tranquil Breeze. Was soooooo mad when they discontinued it.
icon_frown.gif
icon_cry.gif
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Leony I never wear perfumes when I was teen; I just use body splash instead. Then, I started to buy one for myself when I'm 20 years old; it was Issey Miyake. OOH I love Issey Miyake!
Do you remember Malibu Musk? Can you believe they STILL sell it? And all of the Designer Imposters!!

Sand and Sable? Vanilla Fields? Those were my middle school fragrances. I just caught a glimpse of Sand and Sable again and I think I might get some!

I also loved Chloe Narcisse and Tresor in h.s.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse i cannot believe that this thread is still going!
smile.gif
Woah, you are back!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
I've been wondering about you...
Yeah this has been a long thread! Also...What are Your HG/Fave Skincare...Word Association Game...The Or Game...What's in Your Shower...We have so many new members all the time, they just won't die!
tongue.gif

Back