Play! Sephora Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you see which box you will be getting? I looked through my account and didn't see it listed. I just signed up yesterday. It says my next bill date is May, so I would guess I'm going to get the April box?

Where do you see which box you will be getting? I looked through my account and didn't see it listed. I just signed up yesterday. It says my next bill date is May, so I would guess I'm going to get the April box?
I would think if it says that may is the next bill date that would mean you would be starting with the May box, but I may be wrong

I wonder if being a subscriber will give us Sephora points? I feel like it should, since we're giving Sephora money.

I have a hunch that most of the products we'll be getting will be the same stuff they'll be offering in their weekly deals or 100-point samples. I was looking at some of the past boxes and have recognized a few of the items as stuff their were offering for points or which were free for a week. Personally I don't mind this because sometimes their weekly deals convince me to buy something small just so I can get one of the free deluxe samples. Now I won't have to do that. I also prefer to get the 100-point samples as part of a subscription instead of using up my points so I can hoard them for bigger prizes. Also, you need to spend $100 at Sephora to get 100 points so you can get one of their small rewards. Way better to pay $10 a month and get five.

Last edited by a moderator:
May will be my first box. Has anyone been billed yet? I find it odd that I haven't been billed yet.
I was billed yesterday. They used to bill on the 9th of the month, but starting in May they are billing the 1st-4th. I would check with them if your aren't billed by tomorrow.

I got billed yesterday or today can't remember. But I just checked my bank account and there was a charge, for $10.77 which is a little odd they charge tax. 

I got billed yesterday or today can't remember. But I just checked my bank account and there was a charge, for $10.77 which is a little odd they charge tax.
I was told they charge tax depending on your state and their laws. When I first got Birchbox there was no tax, but eventually they did start charging it.

I was told they charge tax depending on your state and their laws. When I first got Birchbox there was no tax, but eventually they did start charging it.

Hm that's interesting, Ipsy and Birchbox were/are always a flat $10, others are just $15. 

I had asked Birchbox about it when they told me I would start being taxed and they sent me:

"Sales tax will be charged for orders and subscriptions shipping to an address in a state in which we operate. Currently, sales tax is charged when shipping to New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington and California."

When they started operating in California I had to pay sales tax. It depends on the state. Same with Amazon, I pay sales tax. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back