Play! Sephora Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't either. I'm on the wait list.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the wait list as well.

Along with what @@biancardi said about how it is available in 48 states, it also looks on the FAQ that you can receive extra points too!

"Q: Do I receive Beauty Insider points with my purchase?

A: Yes! Your monthly subscription fee qualifies for Beauty Insider points. For a limited time, show your current PLAY! PASS when purchasing items in store to receive 50 bonus points each month."

thanks for the info @@Queennie! Getting extra points sounds awesome. Now if I can ever get in. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20"> I wonder how quickly they can expand. Not sure if they knew how popular this would be since they were going to test in a few cities to start but sounds like it's going to be nationwide now based on the FAQ.

I can't wait!! I am going to be watching my email like a hawk!! I may not even sleep until I get the email (haha jp)! I am so jealous of anyone who isn't on the wait list lol! I am so excited about this subscription! I can't believe it is only $10!!!

I wonder if everyone who doesn't live in those cities is on the waitlist? Or rather... everyone who isn't in those cities need to sign up to get on the waitlist.

So. Do we know anyone who lives in those cities? Or who doesn't live in those cities and got an email?!

I won't feel so bad about not getting an email if it really was because it was only for the specific addresses.

On the wait list as well.

Along with what @@biancardi said about how it is available in 48 states, it also looks on the FAQ that you can receive extra points too!

"Q: Do I receive Beauty Insider points with my purchase?

A: Yes! Your monthly subscription fee qualifies for Beauty Insider points. For a limited time, show your current PLAY! PASS when purchasing items in store to receive 50 bonus points each month."
I just got on the wait list along with everyone else.

I hope the 50 bonus points can be added with purchase at a SiJCP because that's all I have in my city.  Actually since it's for a limited time I might not have to worry about it since who knows how long I'll be stuck on the wait list.  I hope it's not too long.   

It looks like everybody (but those that received an e-mail) was waitlisted. I hope being in Cincinnati (one of the first 3 cities announced) makes it easier for me to get off the wait list. I receive 1-3 e-mails from Sephora a day, not one of them even elude to this box though. 

*Updates!*

So on Sephora's Beauty Talk, an admin said may things.

One being that "To give you an overall sense of the timing of our rollout, a limited amount of PLAY! by SEPHORA subscriptions will be available in select markets beginning September 2015, with a full national launch in 2016 – we can’t wait!"

Also:

Q: When will invites be sent out?
A: The first wave of invitations for sign up will be sent during the week of August 17th. They will continue to be sent out in waves throughout the duration of the limited market release.

Q: Where is this being offered?
A: The limited release markets for the initial months are Boston and Cincinnati / Columbus. We may be adding additional limited markets later in 2015, before the full national launch in 2016.

Q: Why Limited markets?
A: As with many of our programs, we roll them out over time in order to best ensure that everything happens as we planned and that our clients have an excellent experience. Our goal is to prepare for a national launch in 2016.

Q: If I live in one of the limited release markets, will I automatically get an invitation? What about if I signed up on the waitlist?
A: Because the quantity of boxes available during the initial release are limited, not all clients in the test markets will receive an invitation. However, as we grow the quantity of boxes available each month, more clients will have an opportunity to sign up.

Q: If I do get an invite, am I guaranteed a box?
A: As quantities are limited, if you are invited to subscribe to the PLAY! program, please redeem your invitation and claim your spot as soon as possible, so that you don’t miss out.

Q: Will Canadians have an opportunity to subscribe?
A: The box will not be available in Canada during the limited release, however we are planning to expand to Canada at some point after the national US launch.

Source: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/PLAY-by-SEPHORA-Invitation-FAQs/td-p/2124432

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if everyone who doesn't live in those cities is on the waitlist? Or rather... everyone who isn't in those cities need to sign up to get on the waitlist.

So. Do we know anyone who lives in those cities? Or who doesn't live in those cities and got an email?!

I won't feel so bad about not getting an email if it really was because it was only for the specific addresses.
I don't recall putting my location when I signed up (and got on the waitlist),  Was anyone asked their location?

@@cpl100 I have seen some people talk about how they have recently received an email from Sephora, not even on the waitlist/some on the waitlist that asked them to join the box so that they get it in September. These people lived in the Cincinnati area and were asked because Sephora knew where they lived

I don't recall putting my location when I signed up (and got on the waitlist),  Was anyone asked their location?
I was thinking they get our location info from the connected Sephora account to our e-mails, but nope! I tried a non-existent e-mail address but got the same wait list message. Probably they will ask for location information via e-mail when/before we get off the wait list.

Back