Play! Sephora Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a beauty blog, but that doesn't mean anything.  My sephora email address is not associated with my blog  nor do I mention that I have one when I sign up.   Sephora is totally unaware that my account with them has anything to do with my blog.

I live in the Boston area, so that is probably why I got off the waiting list.  They did state that they were opening it up to 3 markets originally - chicago, atlanta and boston and it looks like texas is opening up as well

hopefully, everyone will get off the waiting list soon!

Yeah, I'm definitely not a beauty blogger but I am in Texas, so that is probably why I got off the waiting list. So excited, I remember when signing up that they said it would charge on the 9th, so I was waiting. I think it said they would ship the third week of each month if I recall, so we should receive the third or fourth week of the month. Maaan, it's going to be a long month, lol! Can't wait to get this in my hands.

No beauty blog here either.  I signed up for the wait list  right when they opened it up.  I'm a sephora beauty insider member and from Texas. Not sure if that made any difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
They charged me, woohoo! Also no beauty blog, I signed up when the wait list opened. I'm a VIB in SoCal.

I'm still crossing my fingers that I get an invite for the first box.  I didn't sign up right away since I saw that they were doing the test in different cities but now that I've read people are getting invited that don't live near the test markets it's getting my hopes up that I'll get an email. 

I added my name to the waitlist within hours of it going live - not a beauty blogger, but I am Rouge.  However, I don't really think that matters - I think they started with the 3 initial cities and then started rolling out to other areas (like TX).

I think I read that the first boxes will ship the third week of September (so next week).  Is that your understanding as well?

Mine shipped, too!

It's weird though, when I clicked on tracking to see what the ETA is, it took me to a UPS page that didn't have tracking info. And the tracking doesn't have the usual code that begins in 1Z that I get with a UPS shipment. Strange.

SPOILER ALERT!! (Sorry, I don't know how to use the hide spoiler option)

These are the items in my box! 

play.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine shipped, too!

It's weird though, when I clicked on tracking to see what the ETA is, it took me to a UPS page that didn't have tracking info. And the tracking doesn't have the usual code that begins in 1Z that I get with a UPS shipment. Strange.
My shipping came up like that too.

My shipping came up like that too.
I plugged that number into DHL, USPS and FedEx, and nothing. Funny, where it says "shipping method," it says "Play! by Sephora" Um, yeah. I don't think the sub box is a shipping method, lol!

OK, so I haven't tried any of these five products, so this box is a huge win for me. 

I've been really wanting to try that eyeliner, but  you get so little product for the price that I couldn't justify buying it, so I am thrilled to get to try it without paying the high price. Between that and the cleanser, I think that makes the box for me. The rest is just fun extras I get to experiment with that I might have never bought for myself.

Back