Play! Sephora Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lip stain color is Peony, and the eyeliner is 42 Blacquer. Sorry the pics aren't better, my camera takes lousy pictures.

2015-09-21 12.43.56.jpg

2015-09-21 12.44.55.jpg

2015-09-21 12.45.19.jpg

I got my box today, too!  I am so excited!  Same items as everyone else and exactly what was posted in my account.  :)

IMG_1013.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a chance to try the products now and I have to tell you I am loving them.  The Peony lip stain is so pretty.  The color is perfect for me.  I really like the Marc Jacobs eyeliner, it stays put.  I tried the Glamglow cleanser last night and it left my skin so soft and clean.  The Ole Henriksen cream is a really light whipped type cream and seems to add a nice under glow to my skin.   I have gotten a sample of the Bumble and Bumble Invisible oil spray before and really like it.  It gives your hair a more polished look.  The only miss for me was the perfume.  It was a little too heavy for me.  I prefer a lighter sweet scent.  Overall it was a win for me.  I just wonder if they will be able to continue to have products each month that have a universal appeal since they give everyone the same items.  We shall see!

I agree. The perfume is the only thing I didn't like. I had been wanting to try it though, since I had heard good things. It just doesn't mesh with my particular body chemistry. I'm not mad about it though, one miss out of a box of six items that cost so little is a huge win in my book. 

Has anyone tried using your card in store for the bonus points or other perks? Just wondering if everyone in the store knows about it or if they are going to look at me with a blank stare since its so new, lol.

Mine arrived!  So excited to play with all my new products!  I really like how you can scan the pictures in the play book for videos on the products, and also how the play book gives you different ways to use the products aside from just the expected.  I'm also excited you get 50 bonus points if you bring in the play card.  I'll need to head over to Sephora this weekend to redeem, lol.

16246s2.jpg

5o9j7q.jpg

I have had a chance to try the products now and I have to tell you I am loving them.  The Peony lip stain is so pretty.  The color is perfect for me.  I really like the Marc Jacobs eyeliner, it stays put.  I tried the Glamglow cleanser last night and it left my skin so soft and clean.  The Ole Henriksen cream is a really light whipped type cream and seems to add a nice under glow to my skin.   I have gotten a sample of the Bumble and Bumble Invisible oil spray before and really like it.  It gives your hair a more polished look.  The only miss for me was the perfume.  It was a little too heavy for me.  I prefer a lighter sweet scent.  Overall it was a win for me.  I just wonder if they will be able to continue to have products each month that have a universal appeal since they give everyone the same items.  We shall see!
My box is finally on it's way.  Perhaps I will like the perfume, then, as I prefer heavier perfumes and don't like sweet perfumes at all.

I agree. The perfume is the only thing I didn't like. I had been wanting to try it though, since I had heard good things. It just doesn't mesh with my particular body chemistry. I'm not mad about it though, one miss out of a box of six items that cost so little is a huge win in my book. 

Has anyone tried using your card in store for the bonus points or other perks? Just wondering if everyone in the store knows about it or if they are going to look at me with a blank stare since its so new, lol.
How do the bonus perks work?  I hope not with a purchase as I just made an online purchase tonight!

It says you get 50 bonus points with in store purchase when you show them your play card in the back of your play book.

I went to Sephora today and made a purchase and gave them my play card and they scanned it and kept it.  I got the extra 50 points though.  They had not seen it yet so they were intrigued by it.  They did not really seem to know what it was for.  I kind of explained it to them.  Anyway, I'm glad it worked.

Just wondering if this sub is sending to my area yet. Is anyone from Oregon or Washington receiving a box ?

You know, when I saw the spoilers I wasn't very excited because I had tried everything except the marc jacobs eyeliner before, but now that I have it in my hands, I like everything a lot more. I'll at least be able to use everything, and the glamglow cleanser is bigger than the 100 point sample that you could get as a reward on the site.

I was reading some shipping issues in Birchbox and figured that I too experienced something similar...

With my Sephora Play box....My box came to Columbus OH through UPS...then it was handed to USPS...then for last 5 days...It moved back to PA and then some more placed in OH by USPS...and is finally it is to be delivered today...

it was so close to where I live...and still has to wait 5 more days to get it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so having it on good? authority(someone on the phone from Sephora) that this subscription will be open to all in the next few days. UM YAY one question are all the products sample sizes or? and she told me when i whined why there is not a store closer than 50 miles away that there are hopes to build one in my area next year  UM YAY again :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My Play card and I went to the mall today.  I made a little purchase in order to get my 50 extra points.  Mine was the first card the cashier had seen and we had a small conversation about it.  Was a little unhappy that I didn't know we'd get this card (requiring a purchase) when I made my online order the day prior to receiving my Play box but I'm over it.  Now I know to plan on a purchase each month to use the card.  I hope these points count towards VIB/VIBROUGE status.

It doesn't seem like the points apply toward VIB or Rouge status.  I got the 50 points but they are not counting toward the VIB on my account. It tells you how many more points  you need to get to VIB and the 50 points do not appear to going toward it.  They have that worded as spend 350 dollars to earn VIB status.  Anyway, we can still use them to redeem points items.

Latest posts

Back