Play! Sephora Subscription Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received an invite today and joined. I live in California, so I guess they are expanding it.

I got an invite this morning as well and quickly signed up, but I live in Texas. I hope they didn't accidentally send emails out to waitlisters who aren't in one of those three markets. If they rescinded the invite I might cry.

I put in CC info and it looked like they were going to charge me the 10 dollars, but I haven't been charged. The confirmation email says we will be billed on the 9th of each month, and boxes are sent around the 3rd week of each month. Oh, and unlike most other sub boxes, you have to pay tax on this one. 

There was also a sneak peak, but I can't figure out how to do spoiler tags on here, so I won't post it. No product names were mentioned, just type of products.

I got an invite this morning as well and quickly signed up, but I live in Texas. I hope they didn't accidentally send emails out to waitlisters who aren't in one of those three markets. If they rescinded the invite I might cry.

I put in CC info and it looked like they were going to charge me the 10 dollars, but I haven't been charged. The confirmation email says we will be billed on the 9th of each month, and boxes are sent around the 3rd week of each month. Oh, and unlike most other sub boxes, you have to pay tax on this one. 

There was also a sneak peak, but I can't figure out how to do spoiler tags on here, so I won't post it. No product names were mentioned, just type of products.

I live in Texas also and signed up right away this morning when I received my email invite.  I could spend hours in Sephora and this is my dream box!  I sure hope they ship them out next month!

I live in Texas also and got an invite today.  So, I signed up for it.  We shall see if I actually get one.  As for my other subscriptions, I will cancel either IPSY or Birchbox once I see if I'm actually going to get one.  Will give it a couple of months to see how it is and then I will say goodbye to one of the two.  I am getting overloaded with samples lately.  I'm just not sure which one will get the ax. They both have their ups and downs.

I'm so excited!  I live in Columbus and got my email from Sephora a couple days ago and signed up for Play yesterday.  Is it September yet?  I want this box in my greedy little hands!

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up to be on the wait list when they first announced that they were going to have this service.  I thought that I would get an invite sometime next year when they opened it up to a larger market.  I'm kind of confused why they sent me an invite now since I thought it was only a limited market in Boston, Cincinnati, and Columbus.  It let me sign up and it shows my Texas address.  I am still skeptical if I will get one in September.  I never really understood why it had to be limited to those areas since the boxes are being mailed out.  Whatever, I'm excited to be able to get in on it from the start.  

I wish I'd noticed a sneak peek when I signed up for it.

I am in TX also got an invite about a week and a half ago and immediately subbed.  Per posts on the Sephora BT forum, from what I can tell, it sounds like it has only expanded to TX so far, in addition to the 3 initial cities.

This is something I have been waiting for!  I emailed Sephora and posted about this on their forum over a year ago, so I signed up for the waitlist as soon as it went online. 

Depending on how this goes, I may even cancel Ipsy - that is the one that has been most hit or miss for me!

I missed if anyone posted spoilers, but this image was in some of the early promo info for the first box - If these are the actual contents, I will be super happy!  I am having trouble adding the image into the spoiler, so here it is:

sephoraplay.jpg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
@Tamara76  I am pretty exited too!  I love my little subs, as I have so many full sized products from other sub boxes (which is fine, but man, it takes a LONG time to chug thru them)

I haven't sub'd to ipsy since early 2014.  I got so frustrated with them.  Birchbox has been much better (I had cancelled them after being with them for over 13 months) and then resub'd last summer and whereas there are some misses, it has been good lately

I love the target boxes (I mean 5 bucks?  how can you go wrong?) and the 3B Box, which is like birchbox but with asian beauty products.

Honestly, I want higher end makeup - and sephora will give that to me.  No pop beauty crap like birchbox is currently slinging (I left ipsy over that horrid brand).  I only have one "real" makeup sub, Jouer, but that is a quarterly box.  Sephora will fill in that monthly "need" for makeup

@@Tamara76, I'm a Tamara also and live near San Antonio Texas.  I am thinking about canceling my Ipsy as well.  Especially, with the terrible selection they have this month.  I did see that spoiler.  It looks pretty good to me although I got that Bumble and Bumble from Birchbox about a month ago.  It's okay, I like it.  I am pretty excited to try this out!

@@biancardi - I agree those Target boxes are great.  I hope we will get some good stuff from Sephora.  I hope they continue with a balance of items like this months box.

Back