POPSUGAR Must Have February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the lulu frost bracelet too. I was just allergic to the metal. I started itching as soon as I put on the bracelet. I would like yoga pants or fleece lined leggings like wantable was giving. (Yeah right.) also, I would like some jewelry and would loooove a soft pashmina. I wouldn't say no to fancy chocolates either. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So I want to buy one as a gift for my mom. It's my first time buying a PSMH box as a gift. It says at Checkout to choose a box, meaning their choices for subscriptions: "monthly, 3 months..." etc. When you choose monthly it says that autorenews at $39.95 a month. However when you check off the box that says "is this a gift?" it then says, "Gifts are one-time purchases that do not autorenew." These two things are contradictory. Am I going to get charged again after this box or not?

Hope that makes sense...it's just confusing lol

Quote: Originally Posted by greeneyedfoxxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too. I love that chain. That was my first box and I was smitten. I love the scarf as well.
I went home to Ireland to visit my family in late November and EVERYONE wanted to know where I got my scarf, haha. I love that scarf, it pairs so nicely with almost everything in my wardrobe. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  So I want to buy one as a gift for my mom. It's my first time buying a PSMH box as a gift. It says at Checkout to choose a box, meaning their choices for subscriptions: "monthly, 3 months..." etc. When you choose monthly it says that autorenews at $39.95 a month. However when you check off the box that says "is this a gift?" it then says, "Gifts are one-time purchases that do not autorenew." These two things are contradictory. Am I going to get charged again after this box or not?

Hope that makes sense...it's just confusing lol
I think since you chose monthly + the gift option, you won't get charged. Sounds like they were saying with typical monthly purchases you'll be charged every month, but with the gift option you only get charged the one time.

Hope that makes sense, I'm having a really horrible allergic reaction to something and have a lot of benadryl in my system LOL

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I think since you chose monthly + the gift option, you won't get charged. Sounds like they were saying with typical monthly purchases you'll be charged every month, but with the gift option you only get charged the one time.

Hope that makes sense, I'm having a really horrible allergic reaction to something and have a lot of benadryl in my system LOL
haha yes you totally made sense, and that's what I was hoping/thinking it was, I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get charged for a second box again in March, because these things are already pricey enough as it is LOL
icon_eek.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  haha yes you totally made sense, and that's what I was hoping/thinking it was, I just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't get charged for a second box again in March, because these things are already pricey enough as it is LOL
icon_eek.gif

Preach it! ;D

PS is pretty good at reversing charges if you email them. I think they took 2 days to email me back about an incorrect charge. It was just under a week and the money was back in my account.

I wonder if they will be using a different shipping method this month. I just can't imagine them being able to accept an order on the 7th and have it to the destination by the 14th. My boxes generally take at least a week, if not longer, to get to me!

I wonder if they will be using a different shipping method this month. I just can't imagine them being able to accept an order on the 7th and have it to the destination by the 14th. My boxes generally take at least a week, if not longer, to get to me!
I was thinking the exact same thing! That's a pretty lofty promise...

Quote: Originally Posted by dbf0670 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My December box took almost 3 weeks to get to me. I thought it was lost in the mail. I contacted PopSugar and they said it would still come but that they would send me another box anyway just in case, and because they felt bad that it took so long to reach me.

Point of the story is they sent the second box USPS and it came in like 4-5 days, shipping from CA to RI. I'm assuming that's probably what they'll do this time.

Miss Jexie!!! If you choose gift they will not charge you again. I have done it and it is a one time deal! So rest assured that you won't be charged again! (Now PS don't make me out to be a lier)!!!! LOL hope all is well with you sweet girl!

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Miss Jexie!!! If you choose gift they will not charge you again. I have done it and it is a one time deal! So rest assured that you won't be charged again! (Now PS don't make me out to be a lier)!!!! LOL hope all is well with you sweet girl!
Oh that definitely puts my mind at ease, thank you!
flowers.gif
All is wonderful with me! Hope the same for you!

subbing for updates :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love to see a gift card for something sexy, a deep conditioner, and some sort of super luxurious skincare item. Ooh - and dark chocolate!

Im sure this question has been asked tons of times but my brain is frozen (im in Chicago) If I cancel and resin can I use the Valentine's code or any code on my same account or do I have to open a new one with another email?

My first month(a) with PS ... When do they usually start shipping?
My box usually ships around the 7-10th of the month and I have it by mid month. It varies depending on where you live though.

I wonder how they're going to work shipping this month, seeing as they "guarantee" it by the 14th.... 
rolleyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I wonder how they're going to work shipping this month, seeing as they "guarantee" it by the 14th.... 
rolleyes.gif

Where/when did they guarantee that??

Edit: just went back in the thread and saw - can't wait to hear all the complaints when they fail to deliver on time! 
bs.gif
roflmao.gif

I am still hoping we get an infuser water bottle! I would love a sort of "travel themed box" that would include...

Infuser Water Bottle

Some sort of travel bag or pouch

Photojojo lens

Some sort of snack (trail mix or dried fruit maybe)

Fun novel or the 36 Hours book would be perf!

Lip balm or stain

Tangle Teezer brush

I somehow think our box will be Valentine Day themed though so I'd take...

Chocolates

Fun Valentine's Day cards to send to friends or loved ones

Infuser Water Bottle

Hair Mask or Lip Treatment

Novel

Manicure Kit

Fun Valentine-y socks

I do NOT want a thong or tights...not b/c I do not wear either of those things but b/c I think whatever they sent out would not fit me and I'd be an unhappy camper.

haha yay! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> haha wow that's awesome! At least I'm not the only one who liked it! I was starting to feel like I was with all the negative comments on it ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I know this is late! But, I love the bracelet too! Just thought I'd. Let you know that someone else is with you girl!

Quote: Originally Posted by jbird1175 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I am still hoping we get an infuser water bottle! I would love a sort of "travel themed box" that would include...

Infuser Water Bottle

Some sort of travel bag or pouch

Photojojo lens

Some sort of snack (trail mix or dried fruit maybe)

Fun novel or the 36 Hours book would be perf!

Lip balm or stain

Tangle Teezer brush

I somehow think our box will be Valentine Day themed though so I'd take...

Chocolates

Fun Valentine's Day cards to send to friends or loved ones

Infuser Water Bottle

Hair Mask or Lip Treatment

Novel

Manicure Kit

Fun Valentine-y socks

I do NOT want a thong or tights...not b/c I do not wear either of those things but b/c I think whatever they sent out would not fit me and I'd be an unhappy camper.
I didn't sub to PS last February...I wonder how the sizing worked on the thong? 
I think a robe would be nice. I have 3 already but I'm a sucker for a nice robe LOL.

I would love a infuser water bottle! I'm a lemon water fan and can't seem to find a decently priced one. 

I have the tangle teezer brush. At first I thought it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, but after using it on my rebellious hair I really like it! It still pulls a little bit now and then, but overall I'm happy with it. I always end up tossing it into my bag for overnight stays :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm hoping for:
Something cozy...A robe, a wrap, socks. Something that'll make me feel spoiled. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I feel like we're getting lip stuff. It's been a while. I'm totally ok with that, haha. Maybe a nice gloss or stain?
I LOVED the rice krispie from Oct. I hope they branch out and find something similar. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but I'd like something new. NO POPCORN haha
A book would be nice. I already have a staggering pile I'm trying to read when I have a free moment. I don't generally like the Nicholas Sparks-esque novels, but I'm sure my mom or sister would love it. 

I know this is very far-fetched, but I'd love one of those cameras that prints out polaroid pictures. Instant memories! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back