POPSUGAR Must Have February 2014 (SPOILERS!)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought an extra box as a present, hopefully it's better than the last three.

Quote: Originally Posted by EevieK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't sub to PS last February...I wonder how the sizing worked on the thong? 
It didn't work out at all, PS received tons of complaints about "one size fits all" items, so if you were not a size 4 to 14, you were pretty much excluded from using two most expensive items in the box. I'm size 4 and the thong was still huge on me, so I complained as well. I normally wouldn't bother but I bought two boxes that month, so I felt a bit shafted.

I didn't sub to PS last February...I wonder how the sizing worked on the thong?  I think a robe would be nice. I have 3 already but I'm a sucker for a nice robe LOL. I would love a infuser water bottle! I'm a lemon water fan and can't seem to find a decently priced one.  I have the tangle teezer brush. At first I thought it was the stupidest thing I've ever seen, but after using it on my rebellious hair I really like it! It still pulls a little bit now and then, but overall I'm happy with it. I always end up tossing it into my bag for overnight stays :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm hoping for: Something cozy...A robe, a wrap, socks. Something that'll make me feel spoiled. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I feel like we're getting lip stuff. It's been a while. I'm totally ok with that, haha. Maybe a nice gloss or stain? I LOVED the rice krispie from Oct. I hope they branch out and find something similar. Don't get me wrong, I love chocolate, but I'd like something new. NO POPCORN haha A book would be nice. I already have a staggering pile I'm trying to read when I have a free moment. I don't generally like the Nicholas Sparks-esque novels, but I'm sure my mom or sister would love it.  I know this is very far-fetched, but I'd love one of those cameras that prints out polaroid pictures. Instant memories! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I just bought the fugi mini Polaroid camera and it prints out wallet size pictures and I love, love love it! They even have albums for this size of picture! I hope you get one someday. It would be awesome if they put something like that in our boxes! Wouldn't it??? But it is not cheap and probably would take up too much of the cost of the box!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where/when did they guarantee that??

Edit: just went back in the thread and saw - can't wait to hear all the complaints when they fail to deliver on time! 
bs.gif
roflmao.gif

I wonder how they're going to work shipping this month, seeing as they "guarantee" it by the 14th.... 
rolleyes.gif

I almost wondered if the guarantee is for gifted boxes and not for regular monthly subscribers.  

Quote: Originally Posted by Ann Tucci /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I almost wondered if the guarantee is for gifted boxes and not for regular monthly subscribers.  
Does it say "when you gift a box" or just when you sign up in general? Because I have a feeling they'll have a LOT of angry subscribers if they don't follow through with that!

And on another note I REALLY hope we don't get a thong considering I gifted one of these to my mother!

Quote: Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I didn't sub to PS last February...I wonder how the sizing worked on the thong? 
It didn't work out at all, PS received tons of complaints about "one size fits all" items, so if you were not a size 4 to 14, you were pretty much excluded from using two most expensive items in the box. I'm size 4 and the thong was still huge on me, so I complained as well. I normally wouldn't bother but I bought two boxes that month, so I felt a bit shafted.

Omg I'm a size 2 and that thong is like a freaking diaper if I wear it normally, BUT! I discovered if I wear it backwards it fits like a brazillian cut bikini!

Quote: Originally Posted by MissJexie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Does it say "when you gift a box" or just when you sign up in general? Because I have a feeling they'll have a LOT of angry subscribers if they don't follow through with that!

And on another note I REALLY hope we don't get a thong considering I gifted one of these to my mother!
This is the link I found:

http://www.popsugar.com/Valentine-Day-Gifts-Her-33715188

Says: Give a Must Have Box and Secure Valentine's Day Delivery!

The wording under the photo does say this though: "Sign up yourself, or any lucky lady in your life, for our popular monthly subscription box, and if you order by Feb. 7, we are guaranteeing Feb. 14 delivery."

So it can't just mean gift subscriptions. It could mean any new subscription, but that's pretty doubtful, considering their regular subscribers would be pretty angry.  I'm thinking they just have the boxes packed and ready to go early and will most likely use USPS for speedier shipping.

The wording under the photo does say this though: "Sign up yourself, or any lucky lady in your life, for our popular monthly subscription box, and if you order by Feb. 7, we are guaranteeing Feb. 14 delivery."

So it can't just mean gift subscriptions. It could mean any new subscription, but that's pretty doubtful, considering their regular subscribers would be pretty angry.  I'm thinking they just have the boxes packed and ready to go early and will most likely use USPS for speedier shipping.

Well.. does it take anyone's boxes more than 7 days to go from shipped to delivered? Since they started shipping from NY I get mine in about 2 days (which is awesome) so if they ship everyone's out on the 7th I know I'll get mine in time. I wouldn't get hopes up too high though, since they technically never made any promise to existing subscribers. Guess we'll wait (and wait and wait) and see!

Quote: Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well.. does it take anyone's boxes more than 7 days to go from shipped to delivered? Since they started shipping from NY I get mine in about 2 days (which is awesome) so if they ship everyone's out on the 7th I know I'll get mine in time. I wouldn't get hopes up too high though, since they technically never made any promise to existing subscribers. Guess we'll wait (and wait and wait) and see!
I'm in RI and they still shipped my box from California last month. It took almost 3 weeks to get my box in December, and this most recent box took about 2 weeks to get to me. I just got it a couple days ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by Spiritwind10 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just bought the fugi mini Polaroid camera and it prints out wallet size pictures and I love, love love it! They even have albums for this size of picture! I hope you get one someday. It would be awesome if they put something like that in our boxes! Wouldn't it??? But it is not cheap and probably would take up too much of the cost of the box!
Still, a girl can dream. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I'm moving in with my boyfriend soon (gulp!) and I think it'd be so fun to have one of the polaroid cameras around to have pictures easily on hand. I feel like all of the pictures I take get loaded onto my laptop and forgotten about. I don't have a FB, so they kind of go to waste. I really need to frame some, haha. Someday!

Thanks for letting me know about your experience! I'll look into the mini. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Still, a girl can dream. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm moving in with my boyfriend soon (gulp!) and I think it'd be so fun to have one of the polaroid cameras around to have pictures easily on hand. I feel like all of the pictures I take get loaded onto my laptop and forgotten about. I don't have a FB, so they kind of go to waste. I really need to frame some, haha. Someday! Thanks for letting me know about your experience! I'll look into the mini. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Your welcome! I love it! They also have a panorama one too! Polaroid also has theirs out too! I want one that I could put in a little album and put in my purse to show. Sure I can show pics on my phone, I pad, but this way the little mature ladies in my family and friends who don't know how to use the more modern stuff can see pictures and I also can pull them out too! Or frame in smaller frames and mats! I hope you find one or better yet get one!!!! : ). Nancy

icon_lol.gif
 Your comment reminded me of the time I got my mum some workout gear from Victoria's Secret. She dropped a ton of weight but kept complaining that she was stuck with old sweats and souvineer tees to work out in. I had one of the employees at VS package up her gift...forgetting to mention that I wanted my "delicates" in a seperate bag. My mum's face was PRICELESS when she opened her gift....as was everyone else's at her birthday party. Luckily we all have a good sense of humor in my family, haha.

I'm not getting my hopes too high on the whole shipping matter. If it gets to me by the 14th, sweet! PS wins brownie points. If not, hopefully it'll show up in February haha.
Your boxes always seem to take forever, MissJexie! I saw you post in a few other threads about cruddy shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My favorite item of jewelry they have ever sent is the rose gold chain from one of the summer boxes. I didn't get that box, but I always thought the chain was adorable!

I liked the look of last years box for the most part. I'm totally ok with getting an item I can use to pamper myself. Massage oil or something. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
oh my gosh. was that the Bauble Bar Necklace, the rose gold double chain one?! 

Quote: Originally Posted by amdoerr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  oh my gosh. was that the Bauble Bar Necklace, the rose gold double chain one?! 
Yeah! I've been pining over it for months. One of the lovely ladies on here is sending it to me as a gift. I'm so excited to get it, I haven't been able to find in anywhere. There are some very kind people on MUT. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by RenoFab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I would like/want:

• Fashion: Cute underwear like the thong they sent last year. I would love a pair of black tights with an easy to wear pattern like chevron. (This second option would be difficult to size though, so I would be happy with thigh high or boot high dark socks. 
  • Food: Chocolate is always good, but I would like to get something more international like an Italian Nougat or Pizzelle cookies or Thai Lemongrass Cashews or Spicy Almonds.
  • Beauty: I would love love love to get a nail polish thinner for all my thick Juleps.I would also like one of those magical terri cloth hair towels. 
  • Home/Lifestyle: I would love a travel pouch to put in my luggage. Something big enough to throw in my larger toiletries or hair tools. Another item that would just be fabulous would be a nice pen for the office or my handbag. Something that looks cute or luxurious to pull out and use. Agreeing with others, I would also love a water bottle, but I would like a stainless steal or one of those BPH free kind. 
  • Hair: Paraben and Sulfate-free Keratin conditioner. It is the dead of winter and my hair needs all the moisture it can get. 
  • Other: I would love a mini wallet. The kind you just put the basic cards and a little cash in. Super slim and can fit into a larger wallet or into your small evening clutch. 

OK I know this is a long list but I hope pop sugar is reading these and fulfills some of my list lol 
rules.gif

I just thought of something else that would be SOOOOO AMAZING to get!! 

I don't exactly know what it is called but it is a mug warmer to keep your mug or coffeecup warm while you are at your desk or sipping on your coffee/tea at home. Wouldn't that be great???? 
wub.gif

icon_lol.gif
 Your comment reminded me of the time I got my mum some workout gear from Victoria's Secret. She dropped a ton of weight but kept complaining that she was stuck with old sweats and souvineer tees to work out in. I had one of the employees at VS package up her gift...forgetting to mention that I wanted my "delicates" in a seperate bag. My mum's face was PRICELESS when she opened her gift....as was everyone else's at her birthday party. Luckily we all have a good sense of humor in my family, haha.

I'm not getting my hopes too high on the whole shipping matter. If it gets to me by the 14th, sweet! PS wins brownie points. If not, hopefully it'll show up in February haha.
Your boxes always seem to take forever, MissJexie! I saw you post in a few other threads about cruddy shipping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
HAHA that's awesome!! My mom has a great sense of humor and I'm sure she'd chuckle about it but I really want the box to be filled with pretty and pampering stuff that she'll love. I'm crossing my fingers for no thongs or edible bras or anything mega tacky lol

And I have NO idea why shipping to me is so crappy. I don't know if it's the same for everyone else in Rhode Island, but I know that flippin' Birchbox is in New York and I'm definitely not even close to being the first to get mine. PopSugar is the worst with shipping for me. I also think I'm just a mega complainer when my packages don't arrive exactly on time along with everyone elses I feel super left out on the forums and just cry about it LOL

Yeah! I've been pining over it for months. One of the lovely ladies on here is sending it to me as a gift. I'm so excited to get it, I haven't been able to find in anywhere. There are some very kind people on MUT. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

lol I was going to offer to do that! I have been trying to get rid of that thing for so long! 

I really like the "Mr T" necklace- I think it looks super cute on!!  Every time I wear it, I always get compliments. 

Apparently there's a new promo code out! If you use ASK50, you can get your first box for 50% off. :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (found thanks to ramblingsofasuburbanmom.com) 

Back