PopSugar Must Have February 2015 *May Contain Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure how I feel about the Acme label on my cheeseboard and I'm not actually too fond of heart shapes in general but it will make a fun addition to a housewarming gift I'm getting together for friends who just bought a house and have a baby due in July.
Yeah, I don't love the label either, it kind of cheapens it a bit, but it is still cute.  I would have really liked it if there was just a tag on the burlap bag, rather than the name being etched or whatever into the board itself. 

I also just got a notification email saying that I would receive a Feb box from the wait list & that my account would reflect the change, so they must have opened up some subs. Yay! I would have been happy either way. I really like the necklace & the other items are super cute & useful or great as gifts. I think this box is really well curated, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price. The only time I'm dying for a box is when they throw in a high ticket item that is harder to swap for. Hoping for a gold necklace. I'm 42 & I think any age could wear a dainty necklace Ike this one. I hope lots of people on the wait list hoping for Feb boxes will get them now!

I had to pop in and say that I got the Romanticism Red nail polish and it is glorious!!  It's a shimmery, sparkly ruby red. Not a hard core red, it's more pinky and I absolutely love it.  Coverage is great, too!

The bauble bar arrow is WAY smaller than I was expecting.  I admit I was thinking... rhinestones?  But it's so dainty and small, not gaudy in the slightest.  Very pretty.

Not sure how I feel about the Acme label on my cheeseboard and I'm not actually too fond of heart shapes in general but it will make a fun addition to a housewarming gift I'm getting together for friends who just bought a house and have a baby due in July.

I'm very happy with this box, though and think the curation was so well done.
Ooh, you're making me jealous! I got the other red (Expressionist Red) and it is okay, but the Romanticism Red looks and sounds really nice!

ETA: I'm on the same page as you regarding the cutting board--I like the idea of it, but I'm not really a fan of heart-shaped items.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this box!  I love the cheese board its packaged so nicely too!  Cant wait to have some wine and cheese parties! I got the silver arrow necklace and its so cute I love dainty necklaces, the december necklace was a bit too much for me but this one is too cute! I love those tarte blushes and haven't tried that color yet so thats a major score for me.  The lip balm I got was lemon berry and it seems nice enough.  I got a pretty pink nail color.  The  bubble bath is packaged so beautifully if I can bare to part with it it will make a lovely little gift.  Haven't tried the chocolate yet but I m planning I trying some with a nice glass of red wine while watching Better Call Saul tonight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  Very happy with this box hope you ladies get the variations you want and enjoy your box.  Happy Feb!

They definitely don't follow profiles.  Mine says Gold and they sent Silver.  Hope my 2nd box is gold. I prefer to not spend money to ship on trades, if I don't have to do so. :/

boxesandboxes, on 09 Feb 2015 - 6:43 PM, said:They definitely don't follow profiles.  Mine says Gold and they sent Silver.  Hope my 2nd box is gold. I prefer to not spend money to ship on trades, if I don't have to do so. :/
My box was exactly like yours and I really HOPE that my 2nd box has a gold necklace and a red nail polish.  

Yay. . mine will be here tomorrow!  So happy to see Popsugar making such major strides in the box curation.  This is one very cohesive box and I like the mix of things.  Plus, $100 over what I paid for it so an excellent value to boot!  

I still can't believe I signed up for every LE box last year only to be underwhelmed or outright annoyed, only to miss out on that amazing Target box. Sigh.  Anyway, their monthly boxes are getting really fun now that they've worked out billing and shipping issues.  

My box hasn't shipped yet and I am a monthly subscriber. I don't cancel and pay full price.
Same.  I had to pester them to charge my account this month.  They finally charged my card on Saturday the 7th, and today I see in my fedex account that they printed a label and then cancelled it.   So much for charging in January and getting boxes out in times for Valentine's Day. 

I have been a subscriber since April of 2012 and have never cancelled, have always had the same credit card, and these last few months, I have had nothing but issues with them.  

If I didn't love most of my boxes, I would just cancel them.  Such a disappointment lately.

After reading everyone's comments it doesn't seem like Popsugar took the preferences into account. With all the other issues they have been having, are we surprised? I have gold marked as my preference, but I recieved silver. I also got red nail polish and lemon berry lip balm. Nothing in this box really "wows" me, but I don't hate this box either. I do think they did a great job curating the box and making it work for February. Bottom line it was definitely worth the $25 I paid.

I got my box today...wow, I love it!! The cutting board is just the right size. Perfect for cutting fruit or cheese, which is usually how I use a cutting board anyway. You could also use it as a serving platter for cookies or something like that. I usually don't get wooden dishes or utensils but I will make an exception this time.

I got the silver necklace, which is what I was hoping for. It is indeed nice and delicate which is good since some of the jewelry I have gotten from PS is way too loud for me. I am really bad at changing necklaces out regularly though so it might be awhile before I actually use it.

I also got the sparkley red polish. I am glad I got this option of the three, since I think the pink would be too sheer and you can only use so much red nail polish. I would have preferred a non red or pink polish but I guess that's not as festive.

I am not big on rose scents but I do love baths and rose does seem appropriately festive. I will probably take a bath tomorrow night with it after work. I have a waterproof iPad cover so I can watch TV shows in the bath now! I am a little worried that the bottle is glass since my cat has a thing for knocking stuff over while I'm in the bath.

I am so excited to try the Chuao bar! I have tried pretty much all the other flavors so I am curious to see how this one is. My lip balm was in the cherry flavor/scent. I haven't used it yet. I'm not excited about the cherry flavor but then again pomegranate and the lemon berry aren't really my taste either. I would have loved tangerine or strawberry or vanilla.

The Tarte blush is something I have considered purchasing for awhile but haven't been able to justify the cost. I will test it out before work tomorrow. The color seems like a nice medium shade.

Overall, definitely a winner of a box this month! I love PopSugar!!

DEAR POPSUGAR, You are so funny! You made me laugh out Loud reading the email you sent me today! You sell out of the February box, I still jumped to purchased a box and go on the waitlist, and you take my money right away. I contact CS last week asking what box I might expect....they answer back within 24 hrs, "You Bought the March box" and sent link showing me the web page notice (circled) of March box was box for sale....I knew this! So I see the spoiler, loved everything in the box, but convinced myself I didn't need it, was kinda sad. So today I get a email saying that I AM getting February's box! PopSugar you are such a Tease!!!!

Sad day here... I dropped my beloved Keep Cup this morning and it shattered everywhere! Since V Day is right around the corner hubby said he would get me a new one and I was excited since I knew there was a coupon included in the box for their company. I can't seem to find mine though =( Would someone be willing to give me a code if they aren't going to use theirs. It would be much appreciated!

I was very excited to get my box until I received a silver necklace instead of gold. Unfortunately, silver does not complement my skintone which is why I made GOLD my preference. I'm hoping I am able to swap because I think the necklace is quite adorable.

Wow. I cancelled after January because I wasn't prepared to pay for February's box in Janaury. So when I resubscribed, it set my new subscription to start with March's box. Which I was initially bummed about. So I was hoping Feb.'s box wouldn't be too great, lol. So when the spoilers came out, I was relieved. I won't be able to really get much use out of a cheeseboard. Although it's adorable, I don't entertain much at the present time. Jewelry that isn't precious metal breaks out my skin. Never been a rocky road fan. I do love rose water scented anything...

Lol, so last night I receive an email from Popsugar that I actually will receive a February box. So now I'm thinking well I could start entertaining more... Could wear the necklace over a turtle neck...maybe it won't break me out, it's so dainty...this rocky road has almonds not peanuts...I do love almonds...

Lol, the power of perception!

Sad day here... I dropped my beloved Keep Cup this morning and it shattered everywhere! Since V Day is right around the corner hubby said he would get me a new one and I was excited since I knew there was a coupon included in the box for their company. I can't seem to find mine though =( Would someone be willing to give me a code if they aren't going to use theirs. It would be much appreciated!
I found a ton a homegoods about a week ago, so check there if you have one.

I got my box yesterday, as my shipping delivery suggested. (Oftentimes, on the day I would receive my shipping notification, I'd get home to find my box on my doorstep!)

I like this box and have use for each item.

1.) I'm wearing the silver necklace. It's tiny and cute! I'm glad I got silver.

2.) Haven't tried the chocolate bar yet, but that was a huge bar!! It's in my cabinet, so hopefully husband doesn't find it and decide to "sample" before me.

3.) I thought the cutting board was cute. Husband is a cheese fanatic, so the knife will be his claim on my box.

4.) I got the pink nail polish, which looks EXACTLY like a pink polish I got in an ipsy at some point last year. I am sure this is not encouraged, but I went in to Sally's and was able to exchange for a different color that I don't already have in my collection. I picked up two additional polishes with the BOGO promo (it's going all February, and according to the cashier, you don't need to present the voucher that came with the PSMH box). 

5.) Bath bubbles. I'm not a bath person, so I'll either try this as a shower gel, or maybe gift this to my MIL who takes baths nightly.

6.) Haven't yet tried the blush or the pomegranate lip balm I got; I'm good on the flavor I was sent too!

All in all, a great box for me. I'm happy with PopSugar for the moment...would love it if we could consistently ALL receive our boxes on time, and earlier in the month!

I think it was a generic code, like POPSUGAR or something.  Double check the Jan thread for it.

Is that arrow design in fashion right now? Do you think a woman in her 30s can pull that off?
Totally! I'm over 30 and I wear this kind of jewelry all the time :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But then again maybe everyone's just too polite to tell me it's tacky.

A woman in their 30s (myself included) can totally pull it off. It's the trend right now. Any dainty jewelry is the trend right now and arrows are in as well. I have many friends who wear that kind of jewelry.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20">  Even past the arrows being in fashion, you can layer the arrow necklace with other necklaces and not look "out of fashion". You can create your own look and go with it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back